1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Kindly review this product review landing post, please?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Smitten, Oct 10, 2009.

To be honest, I wasn't too happy with this post when I wrote it as a healf-hearted exercise to try securing a "product + review" keyword combo. However, today I noticed two things:

1) I seem to have indeed secured the second place for the key phrase with my blog post, and also I might get the first place from an articles base article. Would you people confirm this information in your browser by querying "scar solution review", and let me know if it all adds up? That would be most helpful, here's the link to the blog. Let me know if you figure out the link to my article!

http://slices-of-life.com/2009/10/02/scar-solution-review-scar-solution-scam/

2) If you actually take the time to read those four paragraphs, I think you'll agree that might be an efficient landing page, won't you? I'll appreciate if you take the time to read and review these articles. I'll be happy to reciprocate with feedack on some of your articles, you're free to ask me to consider some of your articles via PM; If I like them, I won't be shy about giving them a good rating, as well as leaving some relevant comments in those article directories! ;)

We're all subjects to king Content and King promotion, and it takes one hand to wash the other, right?

Let me know what you think! Also, take notice that all positive contributions to this thread will be positively rewarded with positive reputation!

Smitten, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  2. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nicely written (both this post and your blog copy).

Notes:
    * You're an affiliate, that's a LOT of copy to read with tiny links just to send them to a looong sales page again.
    * You have tons of leaks in your footer - it's a blog so I know it's hard to structure for maximum CTR to your links but this looks uber messy to me.
    * Those that don't have the time to read all your text, should be targeted with good breaks, huge ugly calls to action, and any attempt possible to GET THEM OFF YOUR PAGE ASAP.
    * Use some images of before/after, use some scar pics
    * Use some buttons i.e. CONTINUE >> or a flashing DETAILS >>
    * Remember, as much of a masterpiece as this is, your whole objective is to get them to click off this page.

Here is something I would do: (anything underlined should be your hoplink/redirect).

Might look ugly but IT WORKS - again your whole objective is to tease and click click...
    Cheers,
    NC.

NCMedia, Oct 10, 2009 IP
    Smitten likes this.
  3. Smitten

Smitten Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's awesome advice, I will be thoroughly mindful of it! Actually, I had just revised the article using a similar approach, the new version should go live in the next couple of hours:

People are generally averse to huge chunks of text, and I'm just starting to get a feel of how a smart use of bolds, underlines and italics will help direct the skimming eye through the article and captivate readership!

I'm now going to edit the post using with those guidelines as reference. Do you really think that going all out for h1 tags is really necessary? They're HUGE, and h3-2 look less oppressive to me. Do search engines really place much more weight on h1 than h3?

Smitten, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  4. vitalous

vitalous Guest

Best Answers:
    Great job, I like this writing style!

What's up with all the duplicate comments though?

But I too think it's a little much to read, to then
    have the customer go read some more. Increases
    the time she/he could change their mind.

But, this review's title violates ClickBanks 'Dos & Don'ts' policies,
    and as such the vendor could have the affiliate banned.

John

vitalous, Oct 10, 2009 IP
    Smitten likes this.
  5. Smitten

Smitten Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Duplicate comments were automatic link trackbacks, I've already dismissed them.

Hmm... I've got to check up on that, I had really no idea. Thanks for the heads-up!

Smitten, Oct 11, 2009 IP