1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Daily Journal: Goal - $100/day NET w/ Bum Marketing & Social Networks

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by MyHub, Oct 10, 2009.

I'm a newbie, so this journal is not just to help me stay disciplined - it's also to benefit other members so they can see what I do and give suggestions. ( I need all the help I can get). And if I'm successful, this journal will show that other newbies can do it too.

I never did bum marketing before, but from reading around other journals and mixing with my own ideas, here's what I'll do...

1. Choose 2 emerging niches
    2. Choose 2 high converting Clickbank products in each. (4 products total)
    3. At least 2 products will be recurring billing
    4. For keyword research, I'll use Google Keyword Tool. I'll choose 500 long-tail keywords for each niche (1000 total) with monthly search volume between 10,000 to 60,000 and average advertiser competition rate less than 50%.
    5. I'll write 1 article per long tail keyword. I'll include the exact keyword in the title and body. That makes 1,000 articles total. I'm not sure if 1000 will bring me $100 per day, as I've never done this before. I'll need some opinions on this.
    6. I'll attempt to write up to 20 articles per day.
    7. I'll submit all articles to Ezinearticles. I've read around that EZA is going slow, so I will spend these first few days gathering keywords and writing articles while waiting for my initial articles to pass through the gauntlet.
    8. I'll backlink blogger posts to my articles to increase organic traffic. If you all recommend squidoo lenses instead, please tell me, as I don't know the difference in SERPS value.
    9. I'll track Blogger traffic with Statcounter

As for Social Networks, I'll be using Facebook.

1. I'll build 5 to 10 mass add groups. Those I've seen are the fastest growing groups.
    2. I started my first group on September 1. Growing slowly... lots of lessons learned on that one. It's at 6471 as of now.
    3. I started one last night with a better incentive. It's at 469 as of now.
    4. Completely legal techniques... I use only my normal profile. No fake profiles.
    5. I have 6 fan pages. I'm not doing anything with those yet. They're between 200 and 500 each. Suggestions welcome.
    6. I'll put my hoplink into the front parts as traffic increases.

Other monetization:
    1. People will be able to buy Amazon.com products through my blog posts in addition to it being linked to my articles.
    2. I'll have Adsense in my blogger posts.

I'll attempt to post at least once per day. So if you see me slacking, light a fire under my behind!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
    MyHub, Oct 10, 2009 IP
    webbom likes this.
  2. jshosho

jshosho Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds very cool! Keep updating us. It seems like you got a pretty good plan going. 1000 articles is good but just think if you wrote 2 articles for every keyword. that's 2000 articles and possibley doubling your success. Just something to think about. Hey good luck again:)

jshosho, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  3. pedigreechump6

pedigreechump6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck with this, sounds like you are pretty clued up about what is required. As a side note, would you mind sharing with us how you have built up the facebook groups so quickly, specifically the one you launched last night - what sort of incentive are we talking about?

pedigreechump6, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  4. awesometbn

awesometbn Peon

Best Answers:
    Curious to hear your results. Remember you also have the option to outsource a few of these steps. You can opt to substitute the work you would've done, so you can work on something else. Or you can multiply your efforts by paying someone to do additional work that you are doing for each step in the process. If you don't have a lot of money, think about cheap labor and the cost-benefit of getting stuff done quickly. Good luck.

awesometbn, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  5. MyHub

MyHub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here's my results from yesterday for Amazon, Clickbank and Adsense. I know it's not much, but they're results nonetheless, and it forces me to do better.

[​IMG]

MyHub, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  6. MyHub

MyHub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ pedigree
    I simply tell folks that I will feature them on the group page if they invite their friends. Hope that helps. It seems to be working well thus far, as now the group is at 503.

@awesome
    I like the idea of outsourcing my article writing. But I don't know who to go to. I'm also on a tight budget. I actually don't have any money at the moment. I'll have to find some people who will work for me for free.

MyHub, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  7. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your adsense screenshot shows Google Affiliate Network. How did you get this?
    Are there any special requirements? Mine, doesn't have one.

Also, how many total sites do you have?

nihangshah, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  8. ratin90

ratin90 Active Member

Best Answers:
    okay Here is my suggestion is try to make your page bigger than your group as when a group reach 5K you can't send all of them message,but with page,just a single post and everyone will know :) so try to big your page as much as you can :)

ratin90, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  9. MyHub

MyHub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @nihangsash
    I google searched "google affiliate" and found this site ==> google.com/ads/affiliatenetwork/. If I remember correctly, you have to have an adsense account as well as a website. I used an e-commerce website I made through Yahoo! Merchant Services a long time ago. They probably figured i was legitimate because Yahoo! automatically submits your website to Google Base.

I don't use any "sites". Right now I just link my Facebook fan pages and groups to my Blogger pages and Clickbank Hoplinks. I have 5 Blogger pages.

@ratin
    Yeah I found out about the 5000 message limit on Facebook groups. I've been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out how to get folks to invite their friends **without** me sending them messages. That way, the group grows on autopilot without losing steam. Fan Pages are great... but they have a drawback:

1. When you "update" your fans, your "updates" go into the inbox, but not the "messages" folder. They go into the "updates" folder. Hardly anyone looks in updates folder. So that decreases your conversions. On the upside, if your Fan Page is over 1 Million, your response will be greater than that of sending a message to a Facebook group of 5000.

I will try to grow my pages fast, but folks need different motivations for joining fan pages than groups. I'll have to figure out what those motivations are.

MyHub, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  10. MyHub

MyHub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey everyone, just a quick update...

I selected 2 niches. I chose 2 products for each. All 4 products are recurring billing. I chose products with high future $ and moderate gravity. I examined the pitch pages myself, clicked through to the order forms, and made sure the whole process was smooth with minimal steps. I didn't actually buy the products.

I will now use Google Keyword Tool to select 500 keywords for each niche. (1000 total)

Facebook Mass Add group at 555. When it reaches 10,000 I'll put up the Clickbank Hoplink. You may ask "why not sooner?". Answer: Critical mass. The velocity of folks coming into the group can decrease if I put a sales link up... especially if the group is as small and young as it is now... and I can't afford that. But at 10,000 or more, the train should be moving full speed ahead, and any decrease in the rate of members inviting their friends should be offset by their own friends inviting THEIR friends. The group should be growing well on autopilot then, and it will be safe for me to put up my hoplink.

MyHub, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  11. ratin90

ratin90 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^ No dear,don't send update,just post on wall,and it will be shown in every members home profile page :)

ratin90, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  12. MyHub

MyHub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ratin
    Yes that is a very good idea. Now the question is... how to get more fans fast

MyHub, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  13. ratin90

ratin90 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^ it is really difficult,but one thing you can do, you can go through groups and pages which are related to your niche and can add people from the groups/pages ,and after adding them send them invite to join,I think in this way you can do some work

ratin90, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  14. MyHub

MyHub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Guys, Facebook Mass Add group now at 676. Now gaining 1 member every 30 seconds.

I'd like to note that this number is not the most important thing right now. The important thing now is that folks are posting invitation proof... and a healthy portion of them is doing just that.

@ratin
    That's a good way, but painfully slow at best. It may be much faster to get in touch with 50 to 100 people who already have friends lists of 4000 or more, then have them invite their friends to my fan page. That way we can get the ball rolling for the fan page and viral growth will take over.

MyHub, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  15. ratin90

ratin90 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^ thats a great idea,but you will then may be have to invest something too,but it will be great.
    also one more thing,you can use facebook voucher,it can be a great use,you can easily buy 100$ voucher for 2-4$ from here and can use,and i think you can target people's too through the ads :)

ratin90, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  16. MyHub

MyHub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ratin
    I already used my $100 Visa Advertising credit. Where else do I buy vouchers at? I searched for advertising credit high and low, and all the ones I found - the passwords don't work anymore. Please tell me which passwords work. Thanks for the suggestions.

MyHub, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  17. ratin90

ratin90 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^ I saw many people selling facebook vouchers here,you can search here,I think it will help you :)

ratin90, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  18. MyHub

MyHub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ratin
    It sounds nice, but I think each password only works once. The only way to make multiple passwords is to have multiple credit cards. If anyone can prove me wrong on this, please do. If anyone has successfully bought and used a Facebook Advertising Credit password please tell me, as I am doubtful it can be done. I need proof or testimonials please.

MyHub, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  19. Arse Gravy

Arse Gravy Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you also knocking this out on a blog?

Arse Gravy, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  20. MyHub

MyHub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @arse
    Not at this time.

Google Keyword Tool has been down all day today, so I am behind schedule. Right now I am gathering keywords from the affiliate tools pages. I will input those into Google Keyword Tool to get my 1000 long tail keywords.

Mass Add group at 901

Guys, I got itchy fingers and decided to put my hoplink in the Facebook group. I'll keep you updated on click-throughs.

MyHub, Oct 10, 2009 IP