1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am in trouble please help

Discussion in 'SEO' started by justchill, Aug 13, 2006.

Hi,
    I had taken a project for seo & link building for a web design site.
    I had submitted this site to all the major search engines and more than 100 directories with high PR ranking.
    Even after 12 days of submitting when i try to search for this site on all the major search engines, only the main page of the site is given as the result. when i try to find web pages linking that site the result is zero.
    I am very much amazed about this....
    Can any one please tell me what can be the reason for this
    I have done couple of projects before but never has it happened earlier.
    Now the project provider is asking me the reasons for the same . he has threatened me that he would be giving me negative feedback as it has costed him money from the site where he has given the project. I have not yet taken any advance or payment from him.
    Please tell me what shall I do.

justchill, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  2. thelouisvilleseo

thelouisvilleseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hire a real SEO consultant that knows what they're doing.

Give them my number: 502-403-8542 www.robdocherty.com

www.thelouisvilleseo.com as well; Just don't waste more of their time, or yours because you aren't delivering results.

I'm being honest.

thelouisvilleseo, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  3. BILZ

BILZ Peon

Best Answers:
    It might be a good idea to have a plan before your start selling services. If you are going to provide a link buidling service you should first know how to build links. You give all of us a bad name when you try to sell a service which you obviously cant provide.

Submitting to 50 directories is not gonna do much for ya. Try submitting to several hundred web directories. Start exchaning links with relevant website with good PR. Purchase some links. Write some articles with links in the them and submit to article directory sites.

BILZ, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  4. Scarface.

Scarface. Peon

Best Answers:
    give it time, 12 days, it tool google 20 to fully read through my site, google usaully just indexes your first page and later goes through your whole site, so do what your doing, and what BILZ said and you'll be fine.

Scarface., Aug 13, 2006 IP
  5. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:

12 days is far to early to see a given result. SEO takes time and will not work overnight.

Follow what BILZ is saying about building links and read as much as possible on this forum.

cormac, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  6. AnaB

AnaB Peon

Best Answers:
    did you submit a sitemap to google?
    Do link guilding by submitting to various directories
    write articles
    blog comments
    reciprocal links
    buy links from relevant sites.

And give it sometime..12 days is nothing..results take a while to kick in.

AnaB, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  7. justchill

justchill Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem is that client doenot want any link exchanges. he wants to get non reciprocal links only.
    Total no of directories i have submitted till today are 88
    Its not that i have not done seo work befor, but this time its first as a freelancer . I am very much confused what should i do next?
    ask the client to getr another seo or ask him to wait another 3-4 days.
    I have spent more than 10 days after this single project manually submitting to all the directories and till date the result is zer.
    the site is regarding web design and web development.
    When I asked the client to check whether google bots or any other bots are crawling his site , he doesnt have any idea.
    He doesnt even know how to find out the statics of the web page

Can any one tell normally in howmany days directories will add the site in their database?

justchill, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  8. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Directory submitting is an ongoing process, you need to submit to as many as you can find and it in a daily basis. You said you have submitted to 88 directories but I bet only a handful have actually accepted your link.

No point in asking your client to wait 3-4 days as he isnt going to see change, maybe asking 3-4 months would be more viable.

If you dont have access to his websites that its pointless working on this, you need to know what works and want doesnt.

Have you done all the SEO basics as in page titles, H1 tags and friendly urls?

cormac, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  9. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    They just need to realize it can take months to get indexed sometimes. You dont have any control over it but you can speed up the process by adding more links.

So submit to more directories or do some link exchanges or write some articles.

aaron_nimocks, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  10. Scarface.

Scarface. Peon

Best Answers:
    very true, just give it time and do what your doing, makesure you submit to directories, and exchange with related sites. you'll be fine.

Scarface., Aug 14, 2006 IP
  11. MatthewN

MatthewN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you make him a promise of quick results? Hopefully not.

MatthewN, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  12. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly how much are you charging your client, and how much budget do you have to play with? Just submitting to a bunch of directories isn't going to do much.

Secondly what kind of time frame are you working to? Depending on the site and the keywords this could well take anywhere between 2 and 12+ months. If it's a new site then it'll probably be sandboxed so you won't be seeing any good Google rankings for at least 6 months.

You need a solid plan of link buying from relevant sites, article submissions, link bait if possible and to be contacting the sites in the SERPS you are targeting to get links specifically from them.

I can see why some of the guys here are a little p*ssed you took this job in the first place, bad SEO's give all of us a bad name. It's really not as simple as submitting to directories.

MattUK, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  13. LoriVa

LoriVa Peon

Best Answers:
    When they are asking you to find only non-reciprocated links, unless they are willing to pay for these submissions, you are fighting an uphill battle on a cliff face. Most directories that "offer" free submissions and no link trade don't actually accept such links--they just keep those statements on their website so they can qualify as free submission direcories.

I would say cut your losses and drop this project and learn from the experience. It's a useless waste of your time to try to find free non-reciprocal links.

Also Google only "reports" new links every couple of months, so check Yahoo which lists them sooner.And I have seen them take 6 months to accept a link on free submissions. And also make sure those links are passing PR--too many directories pass no PR or have 302 redirects or put the links in frames, or add rel=nofollow to the links, etc. ad nauseaum.

LoriVa, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  14. Scarface.

Scarface. Peon

Best Answers:
    you can try google:

"keyword""submit link" also, that might work.

just brain storming

15. BILZ

BILZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok just stop. I am getting angry now. you obviously have no clue what you are doing. Even after i told you your next steps (see above) you continue to complain that you are lost. Anyone who has a basic understanding of SEO knows what you should be doing right now.

At this point, you need to be honest with your client. Tell them you dont know your ass from a hole in the ground - if you want to keep them as a client, tell them you will continue working on the site for next to nothing - this would be a great learning experience for you and maybe, just maybe, you wont get their site banned.

Or get another SEO company to do the work for you.

BILZ, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  16. Scarface.

Scarface. Peon

Best Answers:
    i've never seen a site rank in google in 2 weeks, so good luck, i dont think its posibble with good link exchange.

17. -Abhishek-

-Abhishek- Regaining my Momentum!

Best Answers:
    First off this was as idiotic as it could be on your part for accepting a project then you claim you have done SEO work in the past. wth ? Are we having jokes amongst us now.

You said you did directory submission ? Is that all ? Other members wrote down solutions for you, still you seem *LOST* Isn't it ?

First thing first, get down to some serious reading and understand what SEO is all about. Regarding a 12 day indexing, if you're lucky it does get indexed, if you're not then it may take upto two months. So stop panicking and ask your client to do the same.

Go to him and confess that you are not aware of anything about SEO, coz if you get him banned, he can sue you. Since I believe there was no legal contract between you two and since you are working on the site, anything that happens to it is your responsibility.

So get out of this mess before you delve deeper into it, and henceforth stay confined to Directory Submission services and not move on to bigger SEO unless you're prepared.

Btw, thelouisvilleseo.... STOP SPAMMING

Abhishek

-Abhishek-, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  18. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    Indexing does not happen overnight as many have pointed out.

MSN is likely the best place to check to on how the indexing is coming along as well as the linkbuilding... Yahoo site explorer is also helpful in this regard.

Google is a different matter entirely, if they show only the main page as indexed then googlebot has visited the site and will check back at a different time.

Now it will depend on several factors on how quick you can get into the google index, although it can also be time consuming or expensive - so really it should be noted how realistic the client is (considering it is a HIGHLY competitive website that he is wanting SEO done for)... this can lead to a longer stay in the google 'sandbox'.

Directory submissions alone will not get Google to fully index a site, it needs relevant incoming links to different parts of the site. This can be achieved via articles, buying text links and blogging about it to name some methods.

I believe the client is unrealistic in his expectations and as this is your first SEO as a freelancer, you may well have taken on a job that experienced SEO people would have passed over (given the nature of the business at hand, a newly registered domain?, whole new website? no reciprocal linking and basically the client not knowing how to check if the googlebot has visited... all not good.

If you had to ask the client to check if the googlebot had accessed the site, I take it that you would not have access to the content to perform SEO, but rather were recruited to plan out a linkbuilding strategy... and the client expects that it would instantly mean his site gets fully indexed and ranking highly on his preferred search terms... quite unrealistic.

Ganceann, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  19. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think in general terms you should seriously take note of the excellent positive comments made in this thread.

And of course what you may construe as negative comments need to be also taken on board

But remember that when you participate in DP you are in a professional environment

As such please do not get into areas of business without the skill sets and the expertise

Most important do not action events that will make the work space for the experts more difficult than it is already

I think that it is better you get back to learning and keep gaining experience and expertise

No offence to you but my advise would be, to be patient and do not offer services that you cannot deliver up on, until such time as you are able to deliver the service to a fixed cost,timeline and 100% functionality

britishguy, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  20. BILZ

BILZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I second that...

BILZ, Aug 14, 2006 IP
    -Abhishek- likes this.