1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Obama wins Nobel Prize for Peace

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by sachin410, Oct 9, 2009.

1. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    It's hard for me to say because us getting the olympics or our president getting the nobel peace prize means shit to me. In fact I'm looking forward to seeing hot Brazilian ass.

LogicFlux, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  2. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Same here, and nobody on the planet ever made that statement about Chicago.

robjones, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  3. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Newsflash:

Wimbledon just readjusted its results. Obama won Wimbledon.

Hey did you just hear about the new adjusted results from the 2008 Olympics. Obama won 63 Gold medals. BTW; its not that big of a deal but Obama is the World's greatest chess player.

Finally, Obama won the annual hot dog eating contest at Coney Island. By the time he polished off the last dog, all the other contestants were puking their guts out.

Obama topped it off with some Jello. There is always room for Jello.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
    earlpearl, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  4. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Really, I am married so I never noticed all the hot Brazilian ass.

browntwn, Oct 9, 2009 IP
    Mia likes this.
  5. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Since this is coming from you, should we consider this Mossad's official position on this question? ;)

gworld, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  6. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A left wing sham for sure that is a disgrace, the award is now devalued to such a level it will be hard for it to recover any prestige and genuine value

britishguy, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  7. alistair80

alistair80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey but if Chicago won the bid, I could get to see some exotic cuties à la gratuite by my backyard ;) Now this would require additional travel investment! As far as Mr President goes, most Chicagoans are by nature biased toward him, myself included!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
    alistair80, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  8. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, yeah, but y'all have always been known for sorta questionable judgment... I mean what with the Cubs and all, we just have to wonder. ;)

robjones, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  9. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, what Obama is CLEARLY making an effort to do is give the U.S. away, drive us further and further into economic debt, and force this ridiculous 'healthcare' garbage on us.
    World peace? Not at all. Efforts to do things globally? Definitely not.
    Of course, this "peace prize" is awarded to individuals for achievements, not attempts. There's a huge difference

Yadda yadda yadda, so we bought the BS from the man just like everyone else in this country did.

Or they're just ecstatic that GWB is out of office, so they gave it to the next man in!

A real leader? Really Because GWB wasn't? Clinton wasn't? Daddy Bush wasn't? GWB was more of a "leader" than you'll ever be. Obama? Not so much right now. Oh, he's made a TON of promises, and forced his garbage month after month down people's throats, but what has he actually accomplished through "leadership" since he's been in office that has been beneficial to his country?
    I'll give you that Obama is one HELL of a salesperson, but he certainly is NOT a real leader.

No, everything that is wrong with politics is both parties, not just one.
    NEITHER party wants to get the job done, they just want to drag feet. Let's take healthcare for example. NEITHER party wants to do the job RIGHT, they both just want their garbage on the bill and nothing more. BOTH parties are after saving their own asses, and nothing more. BOTH parties have drawn this out for years. BOTH parties have agendas.
    The solution? Get rid of all political parties, ban any member of any party from running again. You want to see a fairly run country? THAT is how you do it.

Yeah, I'll take my prize for curing cancer and aids now, thanks. I fully intend to do it!!!

twhiting9275, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  10. Dollar hunter

Dollar hunter Member

Best Answers:
    Obama really didnt does anything then y he deserves nobel,i think he had not done anything after getting the position.

Dollar hunter, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  11. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I agree with Obama about one thing. Kanye West is a Jackass. Thats about the only think Nobel worthy when it comes to Obama.

simplyg123, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  12. alistair80

alistair80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're right! The Cubs' fans are ...I have no words for them ;) Thats why I say Go Sox!

alistair80, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  13. Squealer

Squealer Peon

Best Answers:
    There injustice. Obama is not a superpower! He gave the Americans prize....

Squealer, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  14. twhiting9275

Best Answers:
    You can have it back, on one condition. You must take the recipient with it. We don't want his lies any more

15. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What a surprise statement from someone who has cornfield, Iowa as his location. :rolleyes:

gworld, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  16. twhiting9275

Best Answers:
    Now, now, don't make any assumptions based on one's location. I spent quite a few years travelling the country (Seattle, Maine, Alaska, PA, New York, Chicago, other parts of WA, on and on), and just happen to be here, in Iowa for the past few. Doesn't mean I'm "from Iowa", just that I'm currently here. I'm "from" wherever I want to be from. Where I'm "from" has nothing to do with my politics, or political views.

17. Ducati1198

Ducati1198 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very well said!...I find it a disgrace to the prize in general.

Ducati1198, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  18. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, what a surprise, gworld trying to find an angle to belittle another member with a different stance on a subject. The captain of forum sticks and stones throwing.

Reseg, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  19. MatrixGodFather

MatrixGodFather Peon

Best Answers:
    did he deserve it no it is his job to do that. Now if anyone i would of gave it to bill clinton reather than obama. he only won it because he is Black plain and simple. And he's only his first term. thats so sad that he would even take it.

MatrixGodFather, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  20. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    You know what's most amusing about the right wing's response to Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize? How they were saying that Chicago not winning the Olympics was the international community "rejecting Obama" (which is obviously ridiculous) ... and then a week later Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize! And of course they now have to say that the international community is just giving things to Obama because they love him so much (which may be true, but this is a very good thing, it's good to have a President the world loves.) HA! It's just too good. Right wingers are finding new ways to be ridiculous every single week.

BTW: To those who don't understand the Nobel Peace Prize and why it is given out, it may be confusing as to why Obama won the price. But I think two things must be considered:

#1 Obama has actually accomplished a great deal already (besides preventing McCain/Palin from getting in the White House which is a great feat all on it's own.)

#2 The Nobel Prize has often been given out for "aspirational reasons." What the international community is basically saying is: "We are with you, Barack Obama and the United States." It's amazing how the right wingers are trying to twist the world so strongly being on our side (for a change) as somehow being a bad thing. We now have a President that the world loves. And we're supposed to feel bad about that? No. I feel proud.

Also: Hitler complained about the Nobel Peace Prize being used for political purposes too. Hmm... Maybe it's the right wing that's like Hitler? :)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
    Zibblu, Oct 11, 2009 IP