1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter follower decreases

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by theseomonk, Oct 8, 2009.

Dear All,
    i want know that my twitter follower decreases day by day? i proper update my profile and i don't know why follower leave my profile
    my profile is
    Thanks!!!

theseomonk, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  2. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    There are many reasons why the number of your twitter followers can drop...

1) You're following too many people w/o completed profiles (look at all those default images for who you;re following)
    2) Your tweets are too short
    3) Your tweets don't add value
    4) You don't engage with your audience
    5) Your followers were spammers

Personally I think # of twitter followers is about quality and not quantity :)

Lever, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  3. tobykw13

tobykw13 Peon

Best Answers:
    Lever couldnt have said it better :)

tobykw13, Oct 8, 2009 IP
    Lever likes this.
  4. catrosinfo

catrosinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    Lever's answer was straight forward and true. I have written an article about increasing your twitter followers natural way. YOu got to read it. The number one rule in building community is to engage in people. Follow them first, before expecting them to follow you. If you don't follow them and post garbage tweets, they will leave you.

Read my article Simple Strategy to Increase Twitter Followers Naturally and Fast, you'll find easy, and excellent ways to implement to increase your twitter account dramatically. I was able to increase mine with an average of 60 a day.

catrosinfo, Oct 8, 2009 IP
    Lever likes this.
  5. facebookapp

facebookapp Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometime it happens people follow you because then want you to follow them. If they are following you so you have to follow them other wise they will delete you from followings.

facebookapp, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  6. gordon08

gordon08 Peon

Best Answers:
    These 2 reasons are the most likely.

gordon08, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  7. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of spammers on twitter. They follow you for a day or two, and hope that you will follow them in return. Then if you do follow them, in a day or two they stop following you. They move on and repeat this over and over again. Could also be some spammer that got banned or terminated. There are a lot of adult related users that seem to follow everyone for a few days.

gameutopia, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  8. theseomonk

theseomonk Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for suggestion i satisfied with your reply!!!

theseomonk, Oct 8, 2009 IP
    Lever likes this.
  9. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some people loss genuine followers too because their activities are one-way attention and not focused to similar interest people.

bobchrist, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  10. lena1985

lena1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I support this point so much. If the quality is low, they will profit you nothing. Maybe the followers who follow you are all spammers. In my opinion, sharing something valuable or provide help can help get more followers.

lena1985, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  11. isuccess

isuccess Peon

Best Answers:
    Automation is OK if you only need numbers, i.e., 1% acting on whatever it is you are trying to do. But quality is better if you have the time to build it up one Twitter member at a time. Unfortunately, Twitter is set up to cater to famous people. It's human nature for people to follow celebrities and others who are well-known in their fields. People want to associate with others who are "doing" something they perceive as "great" or "influential" That leaves the rest of us ordinary people with a few options. So a) become influential in some fashion, b) make news, preferrably national news, c) use automation d) be happy to have a few followers who even read your tweets. Social Networks are tricky. If you're losing followers, just replace them but don't expect them to be anxiously waiting for any sales pitches. Content is king. Few can argue against good content but many will against spam. There is nothing wrong with using automation. It's safe to assume that lots of people on Twitter that have lots of followers have used automation.

isuccess, Oct 17, 2009 IP