1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you have any sites that managed to "beat" nextag or amazon?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by spycraft, Oct 8, 2009.

Hey all,

My question here is very simple.

I have been working on many sites for the last few months with much success.

I have a few that are on the first page. Some that are in the top 3...

The question is... Can we beat nextag or amazon results? I have noticed that some of my sites that I have put the most work on, lie just under those 2. I have 2 examples where this happened. For my other sites, it takes about a month to hit one of the top 3 spots once I am 4th or 5th, but for those 2 where I have nextag above me - it seems almost impossible. I have a site that's 4th after 2 nextag and 1 amazon result and it has been sitting there for 4 months. 4 months that I have been adding links on it and it's still there.

Any tips?

Thanks!

spycraft, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  2. ushkdavid

ushkdavid Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't managed to beat them yet, but then I'm still fairly new at this. When choosing keywords I mostly try to steer clear of ones with those sites or wikipedia high in the serps.

ushkdavid, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  3. rjd1265

rjd1265 Active Member

Best Answers:
    most of the times guys, you can beat them pretty easy as they may not have good content or backlinks.

I did beat amazon for a keyword..I was #8 on first page and they were #9. I gave that site up as i just did not enjoy working on it as i had no interest so it made it a drag for me...not worth the few bucks i was making.

Now having troubles with my new sites :(

rjd1265, Oct 8, 2009 IP