1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do I find Sales CopyWriting Work and Clients That Need Sales Copy?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by omshanti, Oct 6, 2009.

I have a terrific knack for writing sales copy.

I could dream of marketing campaigns while I was in college. Marketing came naturally to me.

Interacting to people. Understanding psychology. Understanding how to convince people instantly. Understanding what makes them tick to a certain product and what doesn't. I could do everything effortlessly. I was a sales person since I was a KID.

I could go ahead and connect with a bunch of people in a matter of minutes while most people struggled to even introduce themselves to the other person.

I could make friends with anyone and even today I can do just that without much effort.

I am a sales person. I know to persuade people and can make a presentation that they start trusting what I tell them to do. I often win people's trust than not.

My strength is writing & marketing.

I did get an opportunity to write sales copy once.

It was an affiliate landing page for "Day Trading Robots".

It converted 2.5%.

I want to write sales copy for clients. I want to be a top-notch sales copywriter. I want to focus solely on writing sales copy, affiliate landing pages & sales letters.

I know ways I can get gigs. I know some forums on the internet which specifically offer sales copywriting gigs. DP forums is one of them.

I am looking for ways to approach clients asking them for an opportunity to write sales copy for them.

I am passionate about writing sales copy.

I can do a great job at it. I am sure of it and I can guarantee perfect copy.

I do have a blog. I wrote sales copy for my blog. However, it does not sound amazing without testimonials.

I am going to re-write it. Completely. I just did not have the time to manage the work for my clients and at the same time work for myself.

I want to be a top-notch sales copywriter. I admire Bob Bly very much.

I have written one affiliate landing page till now as mentioned above and I am really happy that it converted 2.5%.

How do I approach clients for sales copy work without having a portfolio with testimonials? Please advise.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
    omshanti, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  2. Sneakyheathen

Sneakyheathen Active Member

Best Answers:
    That one guy you worked with? Ask him for a testimonial if you still have his email/#/whatever. Otherwise, get people who know you (online contacts, friends) to write a "character testimonial" which basically just says how great you are. :cool:

You can also compile your own conversion rates from personal projects and use those as samples for your portfolio. Honestly there are tons of ways to generate examples. :)

As far as finding client's goes, just make a thread titled "Sales Copy Writer Available" and go for it. Contact people who want to sell things on Ebay and work with them, or work with people who are trying to sell their own products.
    Go to them before they come to you.

Sneakyheathen, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  3. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, you have been around here for, what--at least 6 months. I know that I personally have discussed this issue with you and that you were involved in the 'Cheap' thread in which many of us weighed in with ideas to help everyone find gigs.

So I'm going to ask you at this point to stop focusing this problem outward and start taking responsibility for it. Let's talk about what you have done to find copywriting clients. Then, we can discuss your methods, their responses and ways to improve.

There are times when we are victims of circumstance. Most often we are not--we are victims of ourselves.We all want to help you, and there are so many ideas in the various threads here that I personally think you don't really need anymore ideas. You need a swift kick in the rump.

Ultimately, this is about sales and marketing, which you practically say you can do in your sleep. If that is the case you'd better start treating your business the same way you would a client's business and sell and market it. You aren't a sales person who should work for others if you can't work for yourself.

Y.L. Prinzel, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  4. tipsdesignblog.com

tipsdesignblog.com Peon

Best Answers:
    ohh good info , thank!:D

tipsdesignblog.com, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  5. omshanti

omshanti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The point is I don't have access to the B2B Market in the US or the EU.

I want to write a sales letter for someone to prove my mettle.

I can prove it. I just want to find a way to "JUST GET STARTED" with being a sales copywriter.

I dislike being made to feel low by anyone else paying me something that is exactly like underpaying me.

I want to be great copywriter.

omshanti, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  6. dbishop103

dbishop103 Member

Best Answers:
    Try offering a sample sales letter in exchange for a referral from a well-known client. Seek out someone in your target market and tell them you'll write them a sales letter if they'll give you a testimonial for your site/blog.

Start a blog and post sample sales copy. You don't have to do a full-fledged sales letter, but offer helpful information showing off your talents.

And without sounding critical, change your focus from "I" to "YOU" - your client. The approach means a lot. If you have the talent you say you do - and I'm not saying for a second you don't! - then let others see it and the clients will come. But you have to do something to start with.

When I started writing for online clients I worked free at times for the promotion and the credit I received. And it didn't take long at all to build my reputation. But it did take a lot of work. Something to think about... :)

dbishop103, Oct 8, 2009 IP
    omshanti likes this.
  7. omshanti

omshanti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Darlene,

You literally second my thoughts on that one.

I was just thinking of the same.

BTW, I literally agree what you've said and I thank you for your post.

I'm delighted to get a confirmation from you.

Thanks a ton. I'll befriend you.

omshanti, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  8. dbishop103

dbishop103 Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you know they say... Great minds think alike!

dbishop103, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  9. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    He has a great mind?

:rolleyes: Yeah, you gotta love posters who won't even bother to get off their ass. They just start threads, one after another.

PhilipR, Oct 14, 2009 IP