1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just bought over $300 of junk ebooks on adsense and seo

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by justsomepoordude, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justsomepoordude

justsomepoordude Peon

Best Answers:

Don't take it out on me. If I buy some adsense secrets and it turns out to be garbage, I expect my money back! The seller also offered to refund if not satisfied no questions asked, so what's the problem here?

I just bought seo elite, and I don't plan on returning it seeing as many others have good results with it. Are you guys happy now...

justsomepoordude, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  2. MediaHustler

MediaHustler Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But you said after you read the books you are planning on getting your money back no matter how good the books are.

I hope you don't get 1 penny back!

MediaHustler, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  3. justsomepoordude

justsomepoordude Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't put words into my mouth man. I said I'll read them and return them, obviously if they're that good and actually helped, I wouldn't return them. Simple enough? The seller also offered 100% no risk money back guaranteed NO QUESTIONS ASKED, so why are you so pissed at what the seller offered me?

And just bought another book on SEO. If it's crap can I return it? Do I have your permission....

4. MediaHustler

MediaHustler Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't put words into your mouth, you said them.

MediaHustler, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  5. justsomepoordude

justsomepoordude Peon

Best Answers:

okay I said them, do I have your permission to return them if they're crap...please give me permission..geez:rolleyes:

6. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you planned on returning them or not, it's still a pretty useless post. Why would I care if you've bought ebooks or not?
    I just bought a lovely chicken and bacon baguette for lunch, but I'm not about to start a thread about it.

MattUK, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  7. justsomepoordude

justsomepoordude Peon

Best Answers:

Well usually when someone posts they bought some adsense ebook, other users would be asking if it's worth it or not, I was planning on giving feedback on the ebooks, but I guess I need permission to do that too...:rolleyes:

Yes, if you don't care, everyone in the world doesn't care also. :rolleyes:

8. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You didn't exactly get that across in your post did you?

MattUK, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  9. Danny

Danny Active Member

Best Answers:
    mate it is your intention to commit a form of fraud. you said and made the point that you would return them whether they were crap or not/ perhaps next tume avoid mentioning that

Danny, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  10. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should write about your experience with Ebooks so others will learn from your mistakes if any.

infonote, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  11. justsomepoordude

justsomepoordude Peon

Best Answers:

When did I say I would return them whether they were crap or not. I didn't delete any messages so let's see the post!:mad:

12. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    T0PS3O, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  13. justsomepoordude

justsomepoordude Peon

Best Answers:

Bad experience from the adsense ebooks, the seo ebooks are quite nice. :)

Well someone asked and I reported something already so far, is it still a pointless thread? My thinking is the seller have a money back guaranteed, I'll read them and return them if they're crap. Must I get your permission to return stuff?:eek:

One more thing, if the seller mentioned read it and return it if you want no questions asked, do I still need your permission to return the damn ebooks....I am off to check on my servers, not wasting more time discussing this crap with you.

14. carecal

carecal Peon

Best Answers:
    Pathetic. Enough said.

carecal, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  15. EricBlackwell

EricBlackwell Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, so here's 5 minutes of my life I will never get back...

The point that everyone's making to you is NOT that you need their permission to send anything back. They are merely saying that a) the highest and best use of our time is when someone comes to the furom with ACTIONABLE INOFRMATION or an honest question that leads to that type of INFO and b) that ordering e-books (or any other intellectual property) with the EXPRESS intent of sending it back is at BEST bad Karma.

I have not been around this forum all that long, but forums tend to be self regulated and they seek their own standards. What the kind folks here in "DigitalPoint'sville" are indicating to you is that wasting our time on 40 threads in 4 days with no ACTIONABLE INFORMATION isn't cool or appreciated.

They aren't being unkind...they are just trying to keep the "streets" or our fair forum the useful place that it has been for so many. (IMHO)

Best;

Eric

EricBlackwell, Aug 14, 2006 IP
    T0PS3O, yfs1 and sarahk like this.
  16. justsomepoordude

justsomepoordude Peon

Best Answers:

ok ok stop giving me red rep!!! I already explained through several posts that the seller offered money back guaranteed no questions asked, reading and returning it whether it was crap or not was never my intent, some posters read it differently. I already said "since it have a money back guaranteed, I'll read it and return it" obviously if it worked I wouldn't return it, some people think everyone is out to rip someone else off. THIS IS MORE PATHETIC! :mad:

17. JasMate

JasMate Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi dude :)
    I think what people are trying to say to you here is that no one really cares if you purchased an ebook, ebooks, hardcover books or anything else for that matter. You see starting a thread saying "I bought an ebook today" is a waste of forum space because if everyone just blurted out Threads like "just farted and it stinks" or "I just saw a fly should I kill it?" or "I just found watched a TV show!!" the boards would be full of meaningless rubbish that does not educate anyone.

To prove my point please tell how THIS thread has helped anyone, either an seo guru or just your average joe, please let me know how has this thread improved the Digital Point forums??

Everyone that has replyed to this thread will agree with me that it does not add quality to the forums posting threads like this. You say that you posted it so people would ask about the books? Most people that use these forums have most likely read the books that you bought. If you are unsure about whether or not your book has been reviewed here you should search the title of the book, if there are no threads on the title and you think that you can contribute then do so by all means!

What I am trying to say is this - no you don't need permission to post threads like this but you do need to get some comon sense in regards to how you conduct yourself on these forums. This thread has taken peoples time to read and they have not learned anything or gained any insight as a result of this somewhat meaningless thread.

It would good if you could do more reading and less posting (35.71 posts per day) so you can get an idea of what questions to ask and how to present VALUED information that will help others.

In addition people don't want to hear that you openly rip off other people. It does not add to your reputation, I personally can not stand it when others get ripped off so blaitantly.

Now look carefully and read slowly, this is your contribution to these forums in starting a thread + the first 3 posts:

Now looking at the above and think about what you have said, ask yourself did I help anyone? was I informative? Did I add to the quality of these boards? When picked up in the search engines will people want to join DP after reading my thread??

JasMate, Aug 14, 2006 IP
    T0PS3O and MattUK like this.
  18. justsomepoordude

justsomepoordude Peon

Best Answers:

These posters expect me to finish reading and testing in a matter of hours, good luck with that. When did I say I was ripping whoever off, some of these posters have amazing imaginations..

19. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Bottom Line: When you call the books junk, crap and whatever else before you have even opened them up, what kind of reaction do you expect?

If you bought the books knowing they are crap (which you stated) that means you intended to return them all before you even made the purchase.

Its these type of people that make it difficult for honest people just trying to sell a product. Returns cost money to the seller so just because they have a policy in place, it doesn't mean you are free to abuse it.

Finally, if you are worried about red rep (as you stated), you may want to just walk away from this thread and move on because your replies aren't doing you any favors.

If you really want to share an eBook with the DP community, read it, then if it is excellent say so. Then people might be interested.

yfs1, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  20. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    How do you know their junk before reading them? Granted most are, but still :) Sounds like you just want something for nothing.

dcristo, Aug 14, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.