1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank Journal 10 Months $60,000 All Free Traffic

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by petehols, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MedicAffiliate

MedicAffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    Most people realize that, and won't actually model themselves after this, but most of us enjoy feeling enthusiastic for pete, plus he (occasionally ;)) gives some real good advice about article marketing etc. The people who only read this thread and dream of getting 6k paychecks will still read and dream no matter who's journal or site this is. That's just human nature and they will defend their dream to death without proceeding an inch further, one just cannot do anything about that.

MedicAffiliate, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  2. Ashiro

Ashiro Peon

Best Answers:
    I've just re-read the first page or two.

I'm absolutely amazed Pete manages(ed) 3 articles per 3 products per day. 9 original articles per day!!

I struggle to do one. :(

Ashiro, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  3. SeattlePurple

SeattlePurple Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here Ashiro, I'd have to quit my job to work as much as he does online lol.

SeattlePurple, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  4. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. This is what I was trying to get across.

This thread should be a stepping stone - like "oh wow, you CAN make money with articles". You shouldn't try to copy what Pete does because it probably wont work. But you can use some of his ideas and techniques to come up with your own system.

That is what pisses me off - when people around here want other people to do the work/research for them. This thread has tons of useful information, but you need to add your own touch if you're going to succeed with article marketing.

dlm, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  5. Michelle.

Michelle. Peon

Best Answers:
    Pete hasn't actually given away that much info though. Sure there's been a lot of helpful posts, but as far as link building goes all I have taken from this thread is that he does blog postings/forum postings/book marking and article directory submissions.

I'm sure most people do what Pete's outlined anyway. I think we just see this thread as a source of inspiration because most of the journals here are half finished which is discouraging for newbies and as far as I see this is the only one that isn't.

I believe that is why the mods let this thread stay open?

anyway I think i've taken all I can from this and won't post in this thread anymore.

Michelle., Oct 4, 2009 IP
  6. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    AKA Spoon Feeding :)

factchecker, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  7. Nanashi

Nanashi Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, no offense to Pete but his methods aren't exactly revolutionary. From what I've seen (which isn't a whole lot) the basics of bum marketing haven't changed. It's just harder to rank web properties and find competitive keywords that will get buyers. Most people throw in the towel before getting as far as Pete, which is why he's inspirational.

Nanashi, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  8. tsmooth

tsmooth Peon

Best Answers:
    After 3 hours, I have read every post in this thread. Pete, you are a great example of consistency and discipline!! I read people bitch and moan about article marketing, give pseudo "expert" advice, and through all the insults and thread hi jacks, your dedication remains unbroken!! If people get anything out of this thread it should be that hard work and testing pays off!!
    Do you still have your 9 -5 or have you gone part time,due to the success you are having online??

tsmooth, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  9. madlabs

madlabs Peon

Best Answers:
    @ Nanashi: His ideas may not be revolutionary to you, but for someone like myself who has never made one cent off the internet (not even through ebay!) his journal is a god-send. I stumbled onto his journal by accident just looking for the basics for a noob such as myself. I read the whole thread and now have a decent vocabulary for internet marketing, seo, etc. I have enough jargon in my brain to start to comprehend other sources of information.

You're right though about most people throwing in the towel before they get half as far as he has. He's got the determination it takes to succeed. How many time in this journal has he actually said, "I'm going to do X", and then (sometimes that very day) he actually does it! Most people would say, "I'm going to do X". Then they would put the idea on the back burner, think about it...and often times talk themselves out of it.

He takes the risk of trying new things even though it might cut into the time of doing things that are guaranteed money makers. Many people would find a system that works for them and be reluctant to stray from it, missing many opportunities to make more money.

A month ago my attitude, upon finding a new system, would have been,"Research the living crap out of it and maybe one day implement it."
    Now my attitude is, "Learn the basics and go for it. Self-correct along the way." This may seem obvious to many. But I have read this concept many times and from many different sources, but never really comprehended/believed until I saw it in action.

madlabs, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  10. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    See - here is one of the more intelligent DP members I was talking about - they do exist after all :)

dlm, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  11. vip-ip

vip-ip Active Member

Best Answers:
    No article marketer has ever found a "100% proven formula" to making money. Why? Because of a simple fact: sociology changes. This is science combined with business: niches change, products change, people change. What you spent three hours on working today will be useless next month. If you have the patience to continuously put that kind of work into it, then you're cut out for article marketing. If you want a quick bullet way to making loads of cash easily, this is not for you.

Yes, it will get easier as you go along. As with any venture.

No, it will not make you free money.

There are many questions I want to ask Pete that I know he will not answer. How do I know? Because I wouldn't answer if I was him, either. What you see here is probably less than a FIFTH of what he actually does. This is a thread. A 58-page thread. Of which Pete has probably posted like 10% of the posts. That's all you see of a 9-month effort, folks. Keep diggin'.

vip-ip, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  12. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    @madlabs Have you made money yet after reading this post?

factchecker, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  13. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    There are several reasons that you're not making money online (and those that don't well know it)

99% of the online marketers fail but they haven't even done anything to fail, now how wrong is that?

I'll give you the straight forward answer -- as in real life there are people that "act" from the shadows and don't speak much, they just focus on their goals and the rest of 99% are just wondering how these "gurus" are able to cash so much money..

It's only because of their hard work, patience, failures and successes!

And here's the BONUS -- I am not selling anything here, nothing to sell but I'm giving you a BONUS to all of you that have been following this thread, and Pete you'll have to excuse me for this one, anyways I'm not attacking you in any way buddy ..it's just a pure opinion..

Here goes the question: How would you even know that Pete's making all the money and using all the techniques that he's talking about for several months now? And yeah.. How would you know they even work if you don't put them into practice yourself? And why would they work for you as well? Nothing online can be duplicated anyway especially in affiliate marketing where's a bunch of competition that's hard to get over..

To be honest I've noticed that Pete's making a killing with Plimus -- I have been in the online marketing field for two years now and I can well say that Plimus has the worst crappy product I've ever seen in any affiliate networks.

You never know what's inside until you open it.. You know that saying.. I've never even thought of starting a thread like Pete's and nothing to show off but I've made way more moneyz online than Pete. The methods he discussed about do work but some of them are obsolete. (Just pure opinion) It's all about trial and error..

And somebody mentioned something about articlesbase.com and how Pete's really able to cash so much money from their traffic. Article's base would never send you that much traffic to make $30K, only if you have ten thousand articles submitted or something of that sort. I don't say it's not a great article directory but it's nothing near ezinearticles.com. And that's simply because the articles there will never rank in google as well as EZA does..

Al.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2009
    evelinawilliams007, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  14. petehols

petehols Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @precious007 No offence taken and I do know that you are not attacking me. This is an open forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However I do have to disagree with you on your articlesbase point. I have seen huge amounts of traffic from articlesbase to the products. I am not saying this is what has made me my money so far. I am saying this has been a contributing factor. I have a number of articlesbase articles that are out performing and higher up the listings compared to ezine articles in the same niche. What you forget is that It doesn't matter what article directory you are using if you get enough quality links going back to that article it will out perform the others. I wish there was a way I could prove this to you as a lot of people have asked me this questions. It is all about how you promote your articles not how much traffic the article directories get!

About plimus. Yeah it is not the best looking website but there is 2 products on there that sell for me 1 of them sells consistently well because there is no other competition in that market and the other I get about 5 sales a week. Plimus does have good statistics package but yeah the website isn't all that great, however I would not give it up just because of that. I have been selling these 2 products since May and they have basically been on autopilot for me since then.

Thanks

Pete

petehols, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  15. madlabs

madlabs Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm giving myself a crash course in html and web design. I'm debating if I should make the landing page for the product (which I haven't decided on yet) before I set up my clickbank and/or plimus account. Still have these few things to do before I get started, along with some questions to ask. Either way, this ball will get rollin' before the week is out.

madlabs, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  16. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    @madlabs If the HTML is what's holding you back, you are better off buying a domain from godaddy for $2 and having it do a 301 auto direct. This way you can focus on your article writing.

I know you're not going to get as many sales this way, but at least you'll eventually get one.

I think it's more important to get one or two sales under your belt just to know that it is possible. Then, take the time to research.

I know this sounds backwards, but, people spend way too much time on their first product and get too obsessed with it.

The way I work it is by focusing on one or two products a week and then changing up.

Everybody has their own method. But research (at least not your definition of research) isn't going to get you anywhere.. sadly.

Research ONLY works when you KNOW what you're doing.

teapoint likes this.
  17. madlabs

madlabs Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, I have read this entire thread twice in the past few weeks and have taken notes. There's a few things I'm not sure about just yet. Here's some questions I have for Pete or anyone who knows the answers:

-When you research for keywords, I know you have a maximum number for volume and competition, but is there a minimum? Around what amount do you say,"There's no competition for this keyword because this keyword stinks."

-Do you ping and bookmark ALL your articles, not just the originals you put in article base? If so..

-How does Onlywire not get you banned? How do social bookmarking sites and google not see all this duplicate content as spam?

-Do you use different pen names for your duplicate articles sent to other directories? Do you have a rule of thumb for using different pen names?

-I'm not sure how things work in Australia, but in the US if certain conditions are met, we can register business as a corporation. Incorporating has numerous benefits such as liability sheltering and tax savings and exemption. Have you considered these options (if available)?

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to answer! :)

madlabs, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  18. madlabs

madlabs Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you elaborate exactly what you mean by this, please? Are you saying I should just a get a domain and set up a landing page that's just good enough to throw up links to direct to the publisher's landing page? This way I can focus on the articles and eventually learn html?

I know what you mean by researching after the fact though. It goes along with the "Go for it and self-correct as you go" philosophy.

madlabs, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  19. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    with a 301 redirect you don't need a landing page... Say you buy www.yourpage.info you set the redirect to go to www.youraffiliate.com/hop= or whatever...

This way.. when people type in www.yourpage.info they will automatically be taken to your affiliate link.

So.... no need for a landing page and it only cost you $2

or you can make a blogger page your landing page (doesn't work as well as it used to)

20. madlabs

madlabs Peon

Best Answers:
    Doh! Thanks, I guess I should have just read your latest blog entry first. :D

This would be good because when I finally did have a landing page made, I wouldn't have to change the links in my articles, just get rid of the 303 right?

Stupid question: why is it a bad idea to direct straight to the publisher's landing page from an article? Is it because social bookmarking sites and the like recognize the link as affiliate marketing and consider it spam? Never really understood this throughout the thread...:eek:

madlabs, Oct 5, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.