1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

our new clickbank site, looking for affiliates

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by top10stock, Aug 23, 2009.

The website is http://www.the1000club.com/ and it provides stock pick
    service.

We got 18 sales since June, one of them from affiliate link. Traffic shows 1700 unique visitors in July.

We personally think the conversion is ok. We are looking for affliates to promote our service. If you are interested, just let us know and we will answer affiliate questions here. thank you.

top10stock, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  2. PiNKAPPLES

PiNKAPPLES Peon

Best Answers:
    page is way too unfocused... adsense on a sales page? wtf? twitter side bar is nothing but distracting and the copy well, sucks (because it doesn't exist mostly). fix that stuff and conversions will increase and it will at least lay a foundation.

PiNKAPPLES, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  3. top10stock

top10stock Peon

Best Answers:
    We have updated the LP page. Removed Adsense, Added exit splash. Countdown clock, More conversion now. Looking for affiliates. If you are interested and have any questions, please let me know. Thank you

top10stock, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  4. Dyersco

Dyersco Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes certainly shows some improvements now - looking better already:)

Dyersco, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  5. top10stock

top10stock Peon

Best Answers:
    Just reading that landing page is used for collecting email. Decide to write a landing page and use mailchimp, autoresponder to finish sales. Any recommendations? Wondering which one is better?

1. Put landing page in http://www.the1000club.com/ and sales page in http://www.the1000club.com/salespage.php
    2. Put sales page at http://www.the1000club.com/ and landing page at http://www.the1000club.com/landingpage.php

Any ideas? Thank you

top10stock, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  6. vitalous

vitalous Guest

Best Answers:
    To my understanding, a 'squeeze' page is for collecting email addresses.
    Why do you need a landing page if YOU have the main site?
    Once a potential customer is viewing your site, they've already 'landed.'

John

vitalous, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  7. top10stock

top10stock Peon

Best Answers:
    I am wondering if the sales page has too much information, and the email form is at the bottom of the page, and the subscriber is not too much. So I want the visitor to put their email address first, which is a simple form, then after they subscribe, redirect them to the sales page. What do you think?

top10stock, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  8. samsherrok

samsherrok Peon

Best Answers:
    hummm how are you permoting your website?

samsherrok, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  9. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    In all honesty, I wasn't really a potential affiliate, because it's just "not my niche", I'm afraid.

That said, I'm an online trader myself, so I had a look at your sales page out of interest, and hope you won't mind a few observations even though I freely admit I wasn't a potential affiliate anyway.

When I started off reading your page, I really liked it. I thought it was unusual, and different, and well written. And I was really quite surprised, because I expect sales page for this type of product to be kind of "same old, same old", you know? But I liked the unusual style, the distinctive layout, and so on.

Unfortunately, though, as I got nearer the end, I went off it very rapidly indeed! Here are the things which (in my own opinion, as someone probably not relevant to you, I understand, though my guess is actually that many serious professional affiliates would feel the same!) you need to change ...

1. You need to run the spell-check! (You have things like "ot" instead of "of", and "availble" instead of "available", which is just careless and unprofessional, but any spell-check will pick them all up in 30 seconds)

2. You need to take away the "34 spaces available". It looks scammy. Nobody believes stuff like that for a moment - it's just "1950's used car salesman" type of sales-talk and your page deserves better

3. You need to take away the "after 20 minutes the price will go up to $99". That's just so ludicrous I wondered at first if it was a joke!! I can't see the page converting with that on it, because nobody will take it seriously at all. That one sentence may be losing you a big number of customers (and the "ticking time-clock", obviously)

4. You have a vendor's opt-in and are collecting email addresses. That's up to you, of course, but none of the professional affiliates I know will promote a product with a vendor's opt-in at all, and I certainly wouldn't dream of it

5. The "exit pop-up" is also revolting, and you'll benefit enormously (in terms of both affiliate interest and customers) by getting rid of that. Many, many, many people who might have come back will just never come back once they've seen that

I think they're all actually relatively quick, easy things to put right, and doing so might really transform your fortunes. But with the opt-in, and with this "the price will go up to $99 in 20 minutes" line, I'd say it has very, very little hope. Someone who wrote this has seriously misunderstood and misapplied the copywriting concepts of "scarcity" and "urgency"!!! :eek:

alexa_s, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  10. top10stock

top10stock Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, Alexa,

Your comment is so helpful. I read a few topics you write and all are very insight.

Something like "34 spaces left", "20 minutes" stuff, exit popup are all borrowed from other clickbank vendors. I just saw so many and think it might be useful though have some skeptics. Just wondering how it works for other vendors.

For opt-in email form, I read you mentioned in the board that serious affiliate will not consider. But I do not have one affiliates yet. And I do not think visitor will buy for the first time. So I need to collect email to use auto responder to follow and to attract them, I also have to offer them some free picks. What better alternative can I do? I do want super affiliates.

And also, who is the super affiliates? why super affiliates do so well?

Sorry for so many questions. Thanks for your great posts

top10stock, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  11. top10stock

top10stock Peon

Best Answers:
    Checked typo, removed pop exit, count down and "34 space" stuff.

We have one affiliate promote our service now. That's great. And I think he got one sales within 3 hours( I haven't check clickbank, just receive transaction notification). It is so great.

Thanks for all your help. I think I need to focus on how to improve the conversion. What do you think the opt-in at the bottom of the page? Just wondering that may not a good place. How about move to the top of the page or use some floating window ( I saw many floating window on clickbank vendor site, just do not know if it works well). Thank you

top10stock, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  12. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand.

Everyone copies these things from "other vendors". Everyone copies them because one vendor, a long time ago, in a far and distant land, once employed a proper copywriter who explained to them that their product, on their website, needed "scarcity" and "urgency" to sell. And ever since then everyone has tried to copy the ideas, and now they can't get any affiliates because nobody will take their sales page seriously! (I'm grotesquely exaggerating, to try to make my point - please don't imagine I mean it rudely!).

I see the problem, but I don't know the answer, I'm afraid.

You're in a very competitive and difficult niche, and you need really professional copy, I think.

But, seriously, it will help you to interest potential affiliates if you take that stuff away. If you have no affiliates right now, you have nothing to lose by trying it, perhaps? ;)

alexa_s, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  13. top10stock

top10stock Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, Alexa,

I decide to follow your advice, I allow affiliates to turn off the opt-in box if they wish. They just use the link like http://xxx.hop.clickbank.net/?opt1=N
    , then the opt-in box can turn off. And if the affiliate think opt-in follow up can boost conversion, they can let it default on. I know the concern that affiliate do not want stolen sales, I am honest and won't do anything harmful
    to affiliates. By the way, I got two affiliates and each got one sales.

top10stock, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  14. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just make sure to split-test it.

You need to do this stuff yourself. Split test different variations to see what works best.
    Split test a page with the opt-in and without an opt-in, go with whatever works better.

Ripped, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  15. top10stock

top10stock Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, Ripped,

You mean it is possible that I can get more sales by not using opt-in email?

I just think that if a user cannot opt-in for the free one, they might jump into the paid one. Anyway, I already setup the split and I will see the result. Thanks for the split idea.

top10stock, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  16. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on various factors, your sales page, your opt-in content.. etc.

An Opt-in might or might not improve conversion rates, test the page with and without an opt-in and go with whatever converts better.

Ripped, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  17. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll attract more affiliates this way (and more professional affiliates, too) if they know that. When they're looking through the CB marketplace at products, and see your sales-page for the first time, will they see an opt-in? ;)

alexa_s, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  18. top10stock

top10stock Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, Alexa,

You are so great. These little tips do help and it can build something. I can do that, check if it is from clickbank traffic. If it is, then turn off the opt-in

top10stock, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  19. top10stock

top10stock Peon

Best Answers:
    I improved the sales page. Also I create two landing page
    We beat Timothy Sykes
    and Jonathan Lebed Exposed

Not sure how affiliates can use these two landing page. If affiliates can landing on that page, that will be great.

top10stock, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  20. top10stock

top10stock Peon

Best Answers:
    top10stock, Oct 11, 2009 IP