1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Affiliate programs and Taxes

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Poetrymom, Aug 13, 2006.

I was wondering, do affiliate programs ( In this case specifically Ifriends/Clickcash) report your earnings to the IRS ? Considering they have your social security number on file ? Thanks.

Poetrymom, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  2. bwb

bwb Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are a US citizen all money you make should be reported to the IRS.........

bwb, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  3. Poetrymom

Poetrymom Peon

Best Answers:
    Do I have to or will clickcash do it for me ?

Poetrymom, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  4. bwb

bwb Peon

Best Answers:
    You do it on yours, they might also send you a w2 or so on depending on your status, i'm not an accountant so might want to check with them for specifics but you are supposed to report it.

bwb, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  5. JP Sauve

JP Sauve Guest

Best Answers:
    I think the general rule is that foreign programs run outside of the USA do not have to report to the IRS. (MaxBounty for example does not report to the IRS.) American programs DO have to report.

Either way, I've heard the law is that YOU must report your earnings either way, regardless of where it comes from. I know that law applies to Canada, would be sure it applies to you folks as well.

JP Sauve, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  6. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Much better to pay up front than get hit with unpaid penalties and backed tax charges TRUST me pay your taxes its not worth the risk!

xboxundone, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  7. bwb

bwb Peon

Best Answers:
    I know that foreigners still have to fill out a W8 with the company they are doing business with in the US, but not sure why now?

bwb, Aug 14, 2006 IP