1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why did you start an online business?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ozzie2008, Oct 4, 2009.

I used to have multiple low pay and high stress casual jobs. That was enough of a motivation for me to try to do something online. So why did you start a website or an online business? Was it for fun or money??

Ozzie2008, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  2. Innocentboy

Innocentboy Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate to ask money from my parents right from my childhood (as they will ask the reason and will ask how I spent it lol). So I started to do online stuffs when I was doing my college. Later, this picked up my interest and I am fully on it now.

Innocentboy, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  3. CBI Web

CBI Web Member

Best Answers:
    Online business was a natural move for me. Since I was young I knew I never wanted to "work for the man"; 9-5 or 9-9 even! Being under someone's else's thumb wasn't my game, so self-employment was my destiny. I started mowing lawns and shoveling snow when I was 12. Through my teen years I taught myself piano and guitar, and at 18 I struck out on my own as a musician, and enjoyed many good years doing that.

I retired from professional music in December 1997, and tried things like Amway (huge mistake, btw). But in late 1998 I decided to try this "internet" thing everybody was talking about. Went to the library and logged on, and within a couple days saw the potential for making an income online. Five months later I bought my first computer, started learning HTML, and within a few weeks had my first website up; a personal website, and not all that impressive, but a website nonetheless! :D

All through that year I lived online, learning about web design and how to make money. More than ten years later, I've had many successes (and a LOT of failures), made some awesome money, and enjoyed the freedom of working my own hours in my own time. Things aren't as good as they once were, but good enough that I still don't need to live according to someone else's schedule.

CBI Web, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  4. mimisido

mimisido Peon

Best Answers:
    Online is what I know. Tried other things, but spent soooo much time in the online industry that it pays better than anything else right now.

mimisido, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  5. silkycolour

silkycolour Peon

Best Answers:
    I start online business because want to increase my monthly income..Now i working full time as technician and i'm doing online business as my part time job..:)

silkycolour, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  6. phyza

phyza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It was fun, money, fame, hard work and everything that motivated me to start an online business... I am an eastern girl and i don't like going out and doing jobs and i can't even work under anyone so that was the most important reason of choosing online business :) IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO BE YOUR OWN BOSS :D
    Thanks
    PHYza

phyza, Oct 4, 2009 IP
    lifeplayer likes this.
  7. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I dont actually going for "online business". I just an online freelancer to make some extra earning

lifeplayer, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  8. senaguru

senaguru Guest

Best Answers:
    To make money on online and feed my family.Day jobs are useless so i prefer to make money online.

senaguru, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  9. simran-the writer

simran-the writer Peon

Best Answers:
    to earn some extra cash for studies and for daisly pocket money

simran-the writer, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  10. zach21uk

zach21uk Peon

Best Answers:
    To do what i like and to earn more money then before (when i didnt have website, for exsample).

zach21uk, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  11. happy_dayz

happy_dayz Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually could not get hired by anyone! not even walmart (not kidding you). I had posted over 200 resumes, over a span of about 3 months with no luck. Then I finally got hired by someone, and they turned out to be a scam company!!! So then finally I got my foot in the door with the IM world, through a friend/mentor... so that's how I got into it!

Most people are coming out of a job and going into it...lol

happy_dayz, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  12. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I started it in January 2009 ! Just because I am a student and can't start any other business.

Its going nicely from that time. :D

- Digital -

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
    Digital_shubhi, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  13. webmaster.pt

webmaster.pt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I had an health issue and I started using the internet from 08:00 to 02:00. I guess it was a natural step to start winning money online. I was living in the internet. Why not work in the internet?

webmaster.pt, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  14. Seo Vigor

Seo Vigor Peon

Best Answers:
    it is nice to have an business .. but online is reputable that's it

Seo Vigor, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  15. John Collins

John Collins Peon

Best Answers:
    I started because I was the 24/7/365 caregiver for my mother and she had Alzheimer's disease. It's gets to the point where online is your only option. You have to keep one eye on people that have Alzheimer's disease all the time. You can grab 20 minutes now and then they need your attention again. Music is a good distraction and buys you some time online. What gave me the most time was our cats. One of the cats would get on her lap and she would be happy to sit there and pet the cat for maybe an hour or two. I am so thankful for those cats and the free moments they gave me.

John Collins, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  16. andybush

andybush Member

Best Answers:
    to keep it short less time - more income. And to be specific, any business gives you more freedom to organize your time, for ex. if you need more $$ you work hard and if you know that this month you can enjoy more time for entertainment you just do the job that is needed to keep your project alive :)

andybush, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  17. rhoula

rhoula Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I started an online business (45 websites) because I moved to the US 13 years ago, and started to think about going back to my country of birth. The only way I could do so is if I start making enough cash from my websites.
    I m doing ok at the moment and I m almost at the targeted income I had.

rhoula, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  18. DarkZombie

DarkZombie Peon

Best Answers:
    Because I really have nothing else to do, and an online business gives me something to do.

DarkZombie, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  19. keen4kash

keen4kash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Freedom to be my own boss and work when i want, income and love a challenge

keen4kash, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  20. Clarisse

Clarisse Peon

Best Answers:
    It's required for work and part of a hobby.

Clarisse, Oct 4, 2009 IP