1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blow for Dawinism and Evolution

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Valley, Oct 3, 2009.

We were mostly taught and still are taught Darwinism>
    Apes evolved into humans.
    I nbetween apes and humans there are creatures that gradually evolved into man as we know it, and there has been the search for many years for fossils of the missing link.

A fossil has been found that again undermines this and gives further evidence that man as we know it did not evolve from apes but rather appeared suddenly. Man is far older than you think and co existed with primitive apes rather than decending from them

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/10/02/2702728.htm

Does this rapid creation mean that God exists?
    Or does the rapid creation of Man mean that our race has been genetically manipulated millions of years ago?

Valley, Oct 3, 2009 IP
  2. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    Homo sapiens are apes, and we share a common ancestor with other modern apes; the article suggests that this common ancestor may have strode like a modern human, and therefore it is rather the modern apes that evolved into knuckle-walking species.
    The article says nothing about Homo sapiens appearing suddenly.

ReadyToGo, Oct 3, 2009 IP
  3. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    Give it a week.

Valley, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  4. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh look, another antievolutionist who doesn't know the first thing about evolution.

Explain to us precisely why this find is a blow for evolution.

stOx, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  5. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll wait for somone I enjoy debating with if its al the same.

Valley, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  6. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You mean someone who isn't going to instantly destroy every falshood, lie and misconception you post? good idea. cowardice is probably the best debating tactic to adopt when you are wrong.

stOx, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  7. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    No I just dont like you.

Valley, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  8. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No it's because you are frightened of me. If your reason for chickening out is because you don't like me youd surely love beating me in a debate on evolution. But as you have chickened out it's evident that you don't want to tell us how this is a blow for evolution because you know what i will do to your flacid little argument.

Grow a pair and tell us preciesly how this is a blow for evolution.

it takes a particularly spineless coward to start the thread, make the statment and then chicken out of discussing it.

stOx, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  9. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    read the article again

and again..

and again ...please ...I insist.

there is nothing in the article that suggests "man appeared suddenly".

it is only saying that maybe man and apes EVOLVED from the same common ancestor.

sachin410, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  10. Masterful

Masterful Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Valley, I will repeat what I said in the last thread that you opened about this same topic:

You are completely, totally and utterly clueless.

Masterful, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  11. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Facepalm time?

Seriously, give it a rest. There is a common ancestor between Chimps and Humans, just as there is between Gorillas and Chimps etcetera. The real question for us is finding a fossil - which may never happen but can be close - that is the originator of the two lines. This fossil is not 6 million years old, which is the suspected (through genetic evidence) of the divergence, although there was a convergence after this (meaning one of the two splinter groups got frisky with another). Unless it has Homo in the name, it is not near a modern human relative, but a predecessor to Homo and possibly Pan.

Unfortunately it seems Homo sapiens ignoramus is prevalent today, while Homo sapiens sapiens is dying out, and Homo sapiens universalis is long dead or perhaps extremely rare. Trust me, you won't get the joke and sarcasm unless you know what the hell I am talking about.

Jackuul, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  12. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    the "missing link" could be earlier than thought

eric8476, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  13. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Valley.
    Here is what the scientists actually found. Do you see a human? :)
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...missing-link-chimps-ardipithecus-ramidus.html
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...n-skeleton-ardi-missing-link-chimps-pictures/

A list of truths for your consideration.
    1) Evolution is just a theory. It is not based on what our ancestors taught us, but rather on the best sense we can make out of EVIDENCE and OBSERVATION. For basic logic, even if in the unlikely case that evolution is total BS, this does not increase the probability that man "appeared out of the sudden", as indirectly suggested in your opening post through ad ignorantiam.
    2) On 22 of October 1996, Pope John Paul II declared that the vatican and the catholic church accept Evolution.
    3) According to the theory of evolution man and apes evolved from the same ancestor. Under no circumstances does evolution suggest that man evolved directly from the apes as you know them today. Do you understand the huge difference between this two seemingly equivalent statements? what they found was not "human", but one of its ancestors. The same creature that own relatives, modern apes, evolved from. Humans as we know them today appeared not before 200,000 years ago or so (don't remember the exact number..).

And the most important fact for your consideration:
    5) According to countless polls, the ratio of scientists who consider evolution to be true ranges from 95% in the worst case to 99.9% in the best case (depending on country, year, which discipline of scientists, etc').

If I were you, I would have been very careful before claiming to be more knowledgeable than the vast overwhelming majority of the free world's scientists and even of the pope and the church...

Saying that a theory whose foundations you do not understand but only a "superficial" gimmick of it is a false theory, is not something a person who wants to be taken seriously.
    To fix this, I suggest you simply take 20-40 minutes of your precious time and have a read!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_common_descent
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support_for_evolution
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

You know, this is what wikipedia is for, for you to read and increase your knowledge. This is not a very easy text but you have to give it a try.

ChaosTrivia, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  14. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    RE: "Blow for Dawinism and Evolution"
    Ohhhh.... I thought this thread was a fundraiser. Oh well, my wife would get pissed if I paid for one of those anyway.

robjones, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  15. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    May be apes, chimps and gorillas, monkeys etc. evolved into humans. Or, as has been stated in the article, man appeared in the middle of nowhere, created from external sources and not via a process of evolution from chimps and monkeys. But whatever be the case, the design of the human life form has been very well thought out, and that too without tools like Smartdraw, autocad, UML or any other design or modelling language. Just a simple blob of cells multiplies itself in all the right places. Too bad there is no other artificially created form that can do the same thing (grow by itself) without having a source of biological energy to do that.

Traffic-Bug, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  16. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It may help you in the future if you learn how to read before you post your comments on a news article. Then you wont come off sounding like an ignorant fool.

browntwn, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  17. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I thought he was offering blow for Darwinism and Evolution... you know... the white gold, powder, pixie dust, etc.

But then I was disappointed. I would have sold it and bought more websites.

Jackuul, Oct 12, 2009 IP