1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

bounce rate

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by EliteFlyers_com, May 31, 2007.

ok sorry if this is a dumb question but im trying to understand what exactly a bounce rate is...
    its something about how long a visitor stays on your site, right?

can anyone explain it to me in laymans terms? :D
    thanks so much

EliteFlyers_com, May 31, 2007 IP
  2. Jamal@Clicksor

Jamal@Clicksor Guest

Best Answers:
    Its basically the time period a person is retained on a page before a new session begins. There is no established minimum or maximum. Those figures are developed over time by a website who notices the ranges on average a visitor is retained and exits a page or the website completely. Its a tool used to measure the stickyness of a specific web page within your website. With it you can do a lot of neat analysis to see how well you are able to keep visitors on a page and compare that with other pages within your website. Then possibly try implementing what works on one page to other pages within your website.

Jamal@Clicksor, May 31, 2007 IP
    EliteFlyers_com likes this.
  3. HotSauce

HotSauce Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a rate that tells you the percentage of enterences to your site that resulted in a exit without the visitor entering any other pages in your site.

So basically the percentage of people that entered your site and left without visiting any other pages within your site

HotSauce, May 31, 2007 IP
  4. bess

bess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes this bounce rate can be high, especially in cases where you have a lot of AdSense code in it, because by clicking an ad in AdSense, the visitors leave your site.

bess, May 31, 2007 IP
  5. EliteFlyers_com

EliteFlyers_com Active Member

Best Answers:
    yea i get it :D
    thanks you guys are amazing :)

EliteFlyers_com, May 31, 2007 IP
  6. hasen

hasen Peon

Best Answers:
    I think if people click on your adsense ads then that would not count as bounce rate since they did click on something. I think bounce rate is when they leave without clicking on anything.

hasen, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  7. jkapadia1983

jkapadia1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate (sometimes confused with exit rate) is a term used in web site traffic analysis. It essentially represents the percentage of initial visitors to a site who "bounce" away to a different site, rather than continue on to other pages within the same site.

The formula used to calculate bounce rate is: Bounce Rate = Total Number of Visits Viewing One Page / Total Number of Visits

Good a bounce rate under 20%, anything over 35% is cause for concern, 50% (above) is worrying.

jkapadia1983, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  8. coolseo31

coolseo31 Peon

Best Answers:
    If we have open multiple tabs and switch from the require website tab to other website. Then the bounce rate increase due to swaping from tabs.

coolseo31, Oct 3, 2009 IP
  9. nurit

nurit Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

As I share mine experience then "In one mine blog when i was blogger beginner,i put lots of widgets for different blogger friends."

Due to this mistake,Mine blog's bounce rate was very high.

nurit, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  10. David Jones

David Jones Peon

Best Answers:
    yaa.. thats correct...
    I agree with ur views..
    Bounce rate is the percentage of visits to a page without going deeper into it or it is the rate of visitors that enter and leave without clicking for another page...
    More the bounce rate means the visitor has spent very little time on that page and he has no interest on that site.

:cool:

David Jones, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  11. Titing Kabayo

Titing Kabayo Peon

Best Answers:
    To help you better understand... one of my articles in my former blog..
    http://www.myseoblog.net/2008/08/28/bounce-traffic-analysis-and-recommendations/

Sorry about the images...

Titing Kabayo, Oct 5, 2009 IP