1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whats a good Bounce rate?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Czzarre, Mar 22, 2008.

1. downloadthenet

downloadthenet Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad someone asked this question. I'm usually at 45 to 50 which apparently isn't as bad as I thought. I would say below 40% is quite good.

d_vsuresh, which one is 60%?

downloadthenet, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  2. johnbs

johnbs Peon

Best Answers:
    Apart from site, most of my keywords have zero and 100% bounce rate, which one is good.
    ----------------

johnbs, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  3. marsel

marsel Guest

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on how targeted your traffic is, if your traffic is very targeted then between 20%-50% is a good place to be but if your traffic is not very targeted to your products or services then you bounce rate will be higher because your visitors are not finding what they are looking for.

marsel, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  4. weilies

weilies Peon

Best Answers:
    Sry, may i know wht's the bounce rate stand for? I saw it in g. analyst, but hv no idea on it

weilies, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  5. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's the percentage of visitors who view only one page and then leave without viewing additional pages.

Lpspider, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  6. dspohn23

dspohn23 Peon

Best Answers:
    My bounce rate is around 40% when traffic comes in on one of my targeted keywords. Long tail keywords often bring me traffic that has around 90% bounce rate. I wish I could receive more targeted traffic....

dspohn23, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  7. Hafsoh

Hafsoh Banned

Best Answers:
    Below 30% is good.

Hafsoh, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  8. jkapadia1983

jkapadia1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate (sometimes confused with exit rate) is a term used in web site traffic analysis. It essentially represents the percentage of initial visitors to a site who "bounce" away to a different site, rather than continue on to other pages within the same site.

The formula used to calculate bounce rate is: Bounce Rate = Total Number of Visits Viewing One Page / Total Number of Visits

Good a bounce rate under 20%, anything over 35% is cause for concern, 50% (above) is worrying.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
    jkapadia1983, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  9. Candise

Candise Peon

Best Answers:
    The “bounce rate”, according to Google Analytics, is “the percentage of single-page visits (i.e. visits in which the person left your site from the entrance page). Bounce Rate is a measure of visit quality and a high Bounce Rate generally indicates that site entrance (landing) pages aren’t relevant to your visitors. You can minimize Bounce Rates by tailoring landing pages to each keyword and ad that you run. Landing pages should provide the information and services that were promised in the ad copy.”

The question that needs to be asked is not what’s the average bounce rate across all websites, or even all websites in my industry, but what’s the bounce rate for my website, is it good or bad, and what, if anything, should I do about it?

Bounce rate is an inherently subjective measure of performance. That is, you shouldn’t really compare your bounce rate to that of other websites other than for entertainment purposes. The reason being there are simply too many variables affecting the bounce rate, and what applies to one website, even if it’s a direct competitor, may not apply to your website.

Candise, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  10. ericajoieake

ericajoieake Guest

Best Answers:
    for me it depends on keywords and niche, if you're providing and good, fresh and informative content and of course proper using of your main keywords bounce rate can easily minimize.

ericajoieake, Oct 1, 2009 IP