1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Fantastic if the BST Section had a Blackhat section and a Whitehat section.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by CU_Designs, Oct 1, 2009.

I get tired of weeding through threads looking for legit ways to make money online with the many people on here selling blackhat methods. Is it possible to have a section for all things blackhat and then a separate section for all things whitehat for making money online?

CU_Designs, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  2. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ^^ That's not feasible. But probably we can have prefixes.

Helvetii, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  3. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    to me, Blackhat suggests shady and underhanded methods which, IMO, should be disallowed. so don't expect it.

sawz, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  4. sweetlouise

sweetlouise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    black hat sould not be being promoted in any way, by giving black hat its own section. basically shows digitalpoint as a supporter of black hat tactics and would damage what reputation it has

sweetlouise, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  5. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I completely agree with that. But since it seems it is allowed would be nice to separate that from the whitehat things. But thought I'd offer a suggestion since that's what this section is for. Whether they implement it or not is another thing. :confused:

I agree. So they simply need to put it in the rules that blackhat is not allowed. When they will do that? Who knows.

That's a good idea if DP is going to continue to allow blackhat to be promoted on here. But would be better 100x better if they just did away with the whole idea of allowing blackhat to be promoted on here.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  6. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    BlackHat cannot be banned as its just a another way of earning money and besides its difficult to decide what is blackhat and what is whitehat.

Helvetii, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  7. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    of course it can. if digitalpoint decides to ban it here, then its banned.

sawz, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  8. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It can be difficult to define therefore hard to police, banning it wouldn’t be a loss as far as I’m concerned. Giving it its own section would be a bad move.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  9. CU_Designs

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't really want blackhat to have its own section. I would prefer it be banned completely but I didn't see that happening so therefore didn't suggest it in my first post. After all since they've allowed it for years, why would they change it now? Know what I mean? So for the simple fact that they have not put it in the rules suggests that they support it. It's not like it's hidden. Blackhat methods are all over the BST section and then some. So at this point it doesn't matter if they have a section just for blackhat, they already allow the promotion of it. They amend their rules but have yet to ban blackhat. I've been a member since 2006 and blackhat is STILL permitted here but they have no problems banning affiliate links in post among other things that aren't illegal. Weird if you ask me. A lot of blackhat methods are illegal but they don't ban that. Nevertheless, my suggestion of this was if they are going to continue to allow blackhat to be promoted here as they have done for the passed years, then give it its own section apart from whitehat. Or don't give it a section and finally ban it. Or don't give it a section and don't ban it and just give Whitehat it's own section.

I'm all for banning blackhat. But if they don't want that, then at least give Whitehat its own section. PLEASE!

theapparatus likes this.
  10. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    Gotta agree but I think doing so would just create more work for the moderators here. I've seen a number of marketing efforts here that as a hosting provider would consider to be blackhat (and some google'ing supports me on those) but yet are being marketed here as whitehat.

theapparatus, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  11. CU_Designs

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Maybe this rule should include the word 'blackhat' in it. Yes???

Yea it'll be work for the moderators. And well that's their duty: to moderate. hehe. That's their sole purpose of being regarding forums. Heck, if they can't handle it, then hire me as a moderator. I personally don't think that DP owners care about their reputation. And I couldn't careless, either. Why should I? They don't. But I do care about being able to easily access whitehat methods whenever I do choose to visit DP. It's whatever. I just want Whitehat to have its own section. I really couldn't careless what they do with the blackhat stuff so long as Whitehat has its own. Just thought I'd suggest it. I'm done talking about it.

12. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I meant that it cannot be banned as there's only a very fine line between blackhat and white hat. If moderators are going to try and Distinguishing between blackhat and whitehat, they might as well start settling private disputes as well......
    The seller is not going to disclose the the method in the thread, so how would the moderators know the color of the hat?

Helvetii, Oct 1, 2009 IP