1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Employees Are In My Referrer Logs!

Discussion in 'SEO' started by qardinal, Sep 29, 2009.

First of all, sorry if this is posted in the wrong category, I am just totally confused by all of the rules and so forth about where people are supposed to post.

Anyways, I checked my stats a few minutes ago and there have been about 15 visits from Google in the past hour! And I'm not talking about the bot, I'm talking about people who work for Google viewing my blogs. The IP check shows that they are actually searching google.com for my site in Google by putting the URL into Google.com (EG: www.example.com), and they are coming from several locations including Mountain View, California and Quinter, Kansas.

The sites in question are a few spammy Blogspot sites I have that are a few years old. What's interesting is that after having not updated these blogs for over a year, today I decided to go through and change each post individually to optimize the links, about 25 posts per blog, ten blogs total.

Anyways it's all a little freaky to me, considering they're actually using google.com to search my blogs instead of just visiting there personally, and they're coming from several spots across the country, and there's at least 5 unique IP addresses which means at least 5 different people from Google are doing these searches!

It's very bizarre.

Edit: the deluge of Google visits just stopped. While they were visiting, my search engine hits dropped dramatically. When they stopped visiting, my search engine hits flew right back up.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
    qardinal, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  2. techbongo

techbongo Active Member

Best Answers:
    If the user agent is not GoogleBot, then what makes you sure that the surfers were from Google? There is no other clue (as of my concern) available to trace the visit logs of Google employees. What is the application, you're using, to log visits?

techbongo, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  3. Deus Ex

Deus Ex Peon

Best Answers:
    You can trace it by backward analyzing IPs -- use scripts such as visitorville for cool results

Deus Ex, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  4. techbongo

techbongo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe that you trace that surfers were Google Employees from IP backward analysis. This is ridiculous. The script is making you fool. Think again, I have my script (probably on my server) with which I can trace if Google employees are searching Google for my site (like mysite.com), is it anyhow possible? Stop believing what you're script is saying. There are number of scripts whose outlook is more important than its functionality.

techbongo, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  5. qardinal

qardinal Peon

Best Answers:
    lol man do you have a lot to learn. i use extreme tracking which details the internet speed of the user, the location of the user, and the internet provider. extreme tracking says that their internet speed is t1 corporate, some are coming from mountain view california which is where Google headquarters are located, and the provider is Google which means they are coming from Google.

i mean seriously, you got to start doing a little research before responding.

qardinal, Oct 1, 2009 IP