1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Questions on hiring bloggers

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ksb2050, Sep 28, 2009.

I'm thinking about hiring bloggers in the future to continue on my anime news site, to keep it fresh, updated, and to make it an accurrate source. Right now I'm in the plotting phases but I've come across a problem that only members of DP would know:

What do bloggers get paid on average on a per article basis?

With the answer to this I can work out some things. FYI: This is all plotting, currently I'm hiring no one. ;)

ksb2050, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  2. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    Prices for blog posts range from $5/post to $100+/post. It all depends on the writer's experience and the amount of research required for your posts.

latoya, Sep 29, 2009 IP
    ksb2050 likes this.
  3. ksb2050

ksb2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So there's no average per say?

My site's an anime news site, so I have a list of resources I already use to collect stories. I'm thinking about having a few bloggers to aid me with putting out the news, and to remain on the forums to help other users.

I guess I may have to trial and error paying people. In any case I have time to spare until I start this.

thanks latoya :)

ksb2050, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  4. Volume10

Volume10 Peon

Best Answers:
    we use 5 writers regularly and we pay between 1.5-3 cents/word. They all can write on pretty much anything that can be researched online.

Volume10, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  5. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Depend on the quality. You can get writer from DP from 0.5 cents to 3 cents per words. Count the cost depend on the post quantity you need and you can get idea of the cost estimation

lifeplayer, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  6. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    The going rate for content is $0.01 per word. If you need the article submitted, pictures added to each blog post, or any additional work, look at adding on about a $1.00+ per article.

Also, this price can go up quickly depending on your requirements. For example, if you request specific topics that need tons of research, then you're probably looking at a lot more. Let me know if you need a regular blogger, my wife does this as a service for several people here on DP. She's good too! :)

PHPGator, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  7. Matt Willard

Matt Willard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just be sure to pay your super anime nerds more ;)

Matt Willard, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  8. bizhoop

bizhoop Peon

Best Answers:
    There's not much bloggers/writers on this niche that are willing to become guest blogger though unlike finance related niche, some bloggers/witers would even beg you to submit articles for free on your blog but with link back to their site.

For my dating blog I'm paying $4/post 450 - 600 words, including bookmarking to 20 different BM sites. Any rate below this with same scope I advice you to grab it and had whoever offering this service sign a lock-in contract :)

bizhoop, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  9. lfreem2

lfreem2 Peon

Best Answers:
    When I started it was $10 bucks per post. As I gained experience I would get $50 per post (average 500 words). It goes up from there. If the blogger has to do research, that's where the higher prices come in...

lfreem2, Oct 1, 2009 IP