1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I've just picked up on a wicked sales trick, I'll tag it the "Sleight of Rapidshare".

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Smitten, Sep 29, 2009.

I just happened to notice a clever little sales trick, and I felt like sharing for the enjoymet of all marketists lurking around. Check this out:

While browsing my articlesbase account I noticed this link on Article Marketing. As you can see, the link directs towards a sales page for an ebook called the Entrepeneur's guide to Article Marketing; “Discover Innovative Methods to Turn Article Marketing Into a Roaring Success, Step-by-Step, from the Founders of One of the Internet's Most Successful Article Directories.”

Hot damn, I think - that's just what I could use right now (as you might have noticed from my "is content still KING thread" I've started dabbling with article marketing quite recently, and I'm having not so bright results so far). So as I scroll down to the bottom of the sales page - half hoping I might be about to get treated with an useful freebie, I spot the graphic at the bottom sporting a bunch of credit card logos. Damn. "Maybe it's not too expensive"... but it was, a whooping $67. Way too much for my budget. But I really wanted to check out that e-book.

> evil grin <

Enter google query ' "Entrepeneur's guide to Article Marketing" + rapidshare'. Yeah, I know this was quite the sleezy move I did back there and I'm not proud of it. But check out the interesting part; my query returned two websites, and one of them sure looked like a hit:

Entrepreneurs Guide To Article Marketing. (download torrent) - Download the torrent here, or from our rapidshare links. .... The Entrepreneur's Guide to Article Marketing is the result of thousands of hours of writing, ...
    www.quasidoma.com/22866/

Now, just click that link to catch a glimpse of the devious little trick I've learned today. I'm telling you, I was so genuinely impressed with this move, that I handed over my e-mail, and as truth of the matter when I get a little less poor maybe I'll even buy that $67 ebook!

I've heard of people who go for "long tail keyword" + "reviews" or "scams" combo. But I'd never really seen anyone go for the "long tail keyword" + "rapidshare" combo and it looks like a wonderful idea. I take my grey-hued hat off to whoever came up with this idea; We're dealing with people of wicked smarts here, and I just hope they don't punish me from putting this "Sleight of Rapidshare" trick out in the open. But we all know stealing a litlle glass from a thick fountain is hardly of much offense, right?

Cheers,
    P.

Smitten, Sep 29, 2009 IP
    evolveforever likes this.
  2. trafficke

trafficke Guest

Best Answers:
    I know about this already. I would suggest putting quotes like this.
    "book" + rapidshare

trafficke, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  3. PiNKAPPLES

PiNKAPPLES Peon

Best Answers:
    basic psychology will tell you it's junk traffic.

They've seen the product, desired the product but didn't want to buy it therefore they're looking for it for free... they'll keep looking to find it for free and cycle through different mediums (i.e. ed2k, torrent, rapidshare, mediafire, megaupload, etc) or their desire will diminish...

you can throw them to the website 1,000 times... if they have the money and there's a money back guarantee and they STILL look for the product for free then they're obviously not willing to pay (since there's no risk buying the damn thing). And if they don't have the money... well, what's the point in targeting them?

PiNKAPPLES, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  4. rtp06

rtp06 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with this statement. Not that it isn't a good idea to cover all grounds, but odds are if the customer reads through your sales page and is interested in the product enough, he/she will buy it.

If they go looking for a torrent or rapidshare version, then they are most likely just not willing to pay money.... so will never result in a sale for you, so this traffic is a lost cause.

Just my opinion on the rapidshare / torrent back up idea.

When it comes to creating articles and pages to be indexed for your product plus "review" and "scam." I do believe in this case your efforts would be worth it. If someone searches with these terms, they are usually highly considering purchasing your product and they need just a little extra nudge to help them make their choice. AKA a sale for you.

rtp06, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  5. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're a bum marketer learning the ropes, it's still free traffic. If you have an offer that is relevant (i.e. a reg cleaner, pc tools, software of various kinds) it can convert rather well ;)

It's not the most targeted campaign, but it does work. I've had my aff's do this on everything from simple ebook offers to software, to my GRTP video offer, most have converted and it took the aff. prob less than a half hour to do so I wouldn't disregard it - but I WOULD get the vendors permission. Some do not like seeing their product and 'free download' on RS or other share sites without their knowledge.

N.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
    NCMedia, Sep 29, 2009 IP