1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ideas needed for keyword 'laptops' position 12 in Google

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Technoworld, Aug 12, 2006.

Hi

I have managed to get to position 12 in Google for the keyword 'laptops' and 'cheap laptops'
    but I just cannot get to page 1 for my domain www.technoworld.com.

Can anyone look at my site and give me a few tips as to why www.laptopshop.co.uk is always at the top position 1-3 for last 12 months.

I am not a seo pro so please help in any way

Thanks

:confused:

Technoworld, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  2. Mamaw

Mamaw Peon

Best Answers:
    well there are a lot of aspects to SEO, and the right ways and wrong ways to do it, if your looking to do this yourself google all you can on seo, but be very, very careful if not done right it can hurt.
    Nice site by the way , clean and loads fast

Mamaw, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  3. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd get a SEO review from one of the top dogs in the industry. If you're that close to page 1 and having problems, having a critique of what strategies you need to have done would probably be a good idea.

You should gladly pay for something like that. I don't think too many people here are going to give you the right information to get you that extra "humpf".

I'd do it, but it would take me a couple hours of time...and my time is worth a little more then "free". ;)

Voasi, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  4. seoquiz

seoquiz Peon

Best Answers:
    I've looked on Google UK and you are ranked 11 for 'laptops'.

I did a quick google backlink check on your site and found a good amount: 618

THEN I did a google backlink check on the #1 ranked site for 'laptops' (http://computing.kelkoo.co.uk/) : 155,000

#1 - 155,000
    #11 - 618

You need to work on improving your link popularity!

Don't get me wrong, links are not the only thing that search engines look at by any means but they do play a large part.

seoquiz, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  5. timothy104

timothy104 Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree, get some quality links with the anchor text laptop and you'll move up. Congrats on your success

timothy104, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  6. Technoworld

Technoworld Peon

Best Answers:
    How much would you charge - 2 hours work ?

Technoworld, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  7. Technoworld

Technoworld Peon

Best Answers:
    The other issue is laptops-used.co.uk only has 35 backinks and they are ranked in position 7-8 so that is why I am confused as to what I need to do.

Also I have keyword 'laptop deals' in position 5 but again not sure why when all my work was on 'cheap laptops'

8. alexisthemovie

alexisthemovie Peon

Best Answers:
    get some high pr links

alexisthemovie, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  9. Nindja

Nindja Peon

Best Answers:
    Hm N10 is www.discountlaptops.com but he have 6 google links and PR4, you have 1600 google links and PR 5 ...Maybe your site need links with high PR

Nindja, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  10. Technoworld

Technoworld Peon

Best Answers:
    Are there any tools to check how many links from each page rank level

11. Saiyanora

Saiyanora Peon

Best Answers:
    You should definetly have a look at this. 500 PR0 links aren't that good as 100 high PR links. Try something like SEO Elite, I know that averages your BL's PR. There's probably a free tool which does the same.

Saiyanora, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  12. leeds1

leeds1 Peon

Best Answers:
    also check:

- which KWs convert better - like the main KW may not convert as well as the 10th most popular, so do some "keyword research"

- check your links in MSN or Yahoo and not Google

- use something like SEO Elite to analyze each site

leeds1, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  13. danielbruzual

danielbruzual Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check the links and linking strategy of those who rank on top of you and copy it. Contact the sites that are linking to your competitors and try to get them to link to you.

danielbruzual, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  14. seoquiz

seoquiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Like other members have said, where the backlinks are coming from (i.e. high pagerank sites) and not just how many backlinks you have, makes a large impact, I'm sorry for not clarifying this earlier.

This is probably a result of other site's anchor text (the clickable text inside a link). This anchor text helps search engines determine the topic of a page. It is possible that webmasters have linked to you with the words 'laptop deals' as the anchor text and that is why you are ranking highly for that phrase.

seoquiz, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  15. smfseo

smfseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think all you need is a subdomain name it laptop or cheap laptop and throw in a wordpress blog (may be make two subdomains)
    start writing reviews on products which you sell may be pay some one to do that for you if you dont have enough time, link those reviews to the page where you selling it.
    after you are done with this ( i am talking atleast 200-250 posts on your blog) keep a watch on your traffic and wait for next google update and see your site shoot like a rocket right on to the first page and hopefully rank no1 will be all yours :)

some one correct me please if you think otherwise

smfseo, Aug 13, 2006 IP