1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Custom PHP Programming - $20/HR

Discussion in 'Programming' started by ajscottsr, Aug 11, 2006.

I am available for small projects not to exceed 2 - 3 hours per day, 2 - 3 days per week total.

My experience includes the following: I have 2 years of experience with a PERL programming firm (primarily doing installations, support and customizations) along with light MySQL and Linux system administration. Since then I have worked almost exclusively in PHP.

Unfortunately, most of the notable projects I've worked on, particularly the ones for larger or recognizable companies and websites were done under contract and/or non-disclosure agreement so I cannot dislcose those.

When you request work, I will provide a very detailed description of the work to be provided and the deadline under which I am willing to complete the work by BEFORE I begin. I require pre-payment (paypal) on small jobs (3 hours or less) and will allow partial payments as work is completed and approved by you in larger jobs with a demo being provided on my server each step of the way. The final script will be delivered after full payment is made.

As I take work at DP, I will ask the purchaser to leave feedback in this thread. A link or description of the work is completely optional and I will not disclose the details of your project if you prefer that I do not.

I can provide programming (building a script from ground up), tweaks, modifications, troubleshooting (debugging), installations and more.

My current rate is $20/hr. I don't claim to be the cheapest, but am confident you'll be satisfied with my work.

Please PM me if you have questions or if you would like me to quote your project.

ajscottsr, Aug 11, 2006 IP
  2. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    First project was accepted yesterday by a member here at DP. It was a 2 hour project and promised for 12:00 PM CST today. I completed the project overnight and delivered the demo 11 hours early. The completed scripts were delivered at 8:00 AM CST today and I have asked that person to leave feedback in this thread.

3. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just FYI, I still have a couple of hours available on Saturday that are not yet booked. PM me if you are interested. It may take me a few hours to respond as I will be in and out for the next 3 or so hours.

4. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am working on an addition to the above referenced project to be delivered no later than 6 PM CST today. I am available for an additional 2 - 3 hours of programming (max) today. Conctact me via PM if you are interested.

ajscottsr, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  5. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Responded to PM received regarding request for modifications of an existing script. I need more info before I can quote it accurately. I am still accepting inquiries. If I get booked today, I'll have some time available tomorrow as well. I'm pushing for really fast turn around on any requests I receive.

6. timw

timw Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please could your employer step forward, provide feedback and confirm this.

Thanks.

timw, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  7. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm doing the modification that was asked for now. That person indicated they would leave feedback when it was done.

8. timw

timw Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I didn't know you'd still be working on modifications after the script has been delivered! :O

timw, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  9. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Tim:

See above:

The person asked for an addition from the original specs. It was minor and so I did it without charging additional. I promised it for 6 PM CST today. I just finished and delivered it at 1:30 PM CST, about 4 1/2 hours ahead of schedule. I've asked that person to leave feedback, however they are not listed as online right now so I don't know how long it will be.

I'm communicating with someone else about a possible project and if that doesn't out or the specs aren't settled I'll have a few more hours available today for work. If not, I have time available tomorrow. I'll send you a PM separately shortly.

10. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well I took the leap and hired Anthony to do a job for me.

As you all know its always risky when getting someone to do a job over the internet but there is no risk here.

Everything was completely laid out on what I was going to receive, how long it would take, and the price it would cost. Everything he said was right on and he did a very good job.

Since I am programming stupid I asked for the code be extensively commented so I know whats going on and I can alter it for other projects I will need the code for. Thats was perfect and I almost feel I know PHP/MYSQL now. :)

Anyways I have hired maybe 20 people so far to do jobs for me and Anthony tops them all. The communication, quality, and price cant be topped and I highly recommend him to everyone.

Just dont overload him with jobs incase I need him to do a quick job for me again. :)

Also here is what I had done. Just a SEO friendly script that is heavily commented to pull data from a database and display it. But what you cant see is how easy he made it for me when I use the code for another DB.

http://www.dbseller.com/babynames/

aaron_nimocks, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  11. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks Aaron.

I have accepted another small project and provided a deadline of 12:00 AM CST (midnight tonight) Sunday, August 13, 2006. I may have enough time to take on one other very small project for today and if not, I have about 2 hours available tomorrow.

12. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have submitted the small project I took today for approval at 11:15 PM today, about 45 minutes ahead of the promised deadline. I am awaiting approval from that client and will request feedback here once it's approved.

13. dav1e215

dav1e215 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    PM'ed Anthony today for modifications to an existing turnkey site, he got one part of it done today in a very timely matter which i am very satisfied with.

Now for the 2nd part, since the site that is being modified is a turnkey, I asked if he can modify it a litttle to give it a little bit of a unique look to it. He will give me some samples to look at tomorrow, cant wait to see! :)

dav1e215, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  14. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please PM me if you are interested in building a PHP site exactly the same to a very succesful site we have had on line over 6 years which is in .asp ASP Site

Thanks

britishguy, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  15. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    PM Sent, thanks!

ajscottsr, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  16. soultime

soultime Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That sounds awesome

I always need programmers with fair prices.

(Made note of your username):)

soultime, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  17. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks soultime.

I think I'm pretty much booked for today already. Dav1e has 1 - 2 additional small projects (we broke his original request into several smaller projects) that will probably take my time today. I will have about 2 hours available tomorrow. If you need work, PM me, I may not respond until late tonight or early tomorrow AM because of my schedule today.

Thanks!

18. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I've accepted a small 1 hour job to be completed by 10 AM CST Monday, August 14, 2006. Once it's completed, I will ask the purchaser to leave feedback here. I may still have an hour or two available on Monday if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

19. ajscottsr

ajscottsr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    In an effort to be completely transparent at least until my reputation really gets built up, here are the status on the 2 projects referred to above:

On this part, the original discussion was just to "modify layout" and was very ambiguous. I asked him not to pay me in advance and I would provide a couple of samples 1st and if he wanted any, he could pay. I did disclose in the original discussion that I'm a programmer/coder by nature and trade and not a designer.

What I delivered was probably a little different then what was originally planned. As I looked over the site, I had a lot of ideas that I believe would improve the site. Some of them change the site functionally and by its very nature require some layout changes. Since there is no prepayment and the request was very vague, I figured it would be most appropriate (and most beneficial to the client) to take this approach.

Essentially the proposal suggested that if he really wanted a look and feel change that he hire a designer who would probably serve him far better than I can. I then laid out about 5 - 6 core suggestions that I believed would improve his site. Improve it as in making it more friendly to users, drawing people in to more page views and to stay longer, some of it was functional, and some of it by nature would change at least to some degree the look and feel and flow of things.

I didn't charge anything for my time to review and suggestions provided. At least 1 of them is something that doesn't need anything on my part to do (he can freely make that change if he wants without hiring me). The rest of them I put all of the cards on the table. He could hire me to do them or hire someone else or reject or whatever. I provided explanations for why I felt each change would be an improvement to his site. I asked him to let me know what part or parts he was interested in before I spent time quoting what it would take for me to do them and I offered an alternate solution that might take a little longer to develop and had other potential drawbacks but would offer him a lot more for a much lower cost of entry.

I'm waiting to hear back on this. The proposals were delievered on time, but the possibility remains that this is not what was expected by the client. If this person really wants HTML samples just for look and feel, I will provide as offered but given the vague nature of the request and the fact that I did not accept prepayment on this portion (because in part of how vague it was), I thought it would be reasonable to take this approach and the client owes me nothing for the proposal (it took a fair bit of time to look over the site, think about and write up ideas and they are his to keep whether he hires me or not).

The demo is done and delivered at 9:45 AM CST today. The client suggested he would not be available to review it today and so it will not be until tomorrow before I hear back on this one.

I do not have any more time available today. I will have a couple of hours available tomorrow. Please PM me if you are interested in any projects! Thanks!

ajscottsr, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  20. loopy62

loopy62 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sent you a PM

loopy62, Aug 14, 2006 IP