1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Got a 1k List... But Limited Niche... How Do I Use It?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by elcabron, Sep 29, 2009.

Okay so this is like painting yourself into a corner. You know how everybody says to follow niches... Well I did... but...

Here's my dilemma in a nutshell and I'd appreciate any help you can give me:

Built a list of 1k for a niche - classical guitar - but the problem is I don't really have much to market to them. I mean, regular electric guitar stuff is useless and I can't come up with ways to monetize this one. Any thoughts on how to use such a list???

Thanks in advance.

elcabron, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  2. malice95

malice95 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sheet Music
    CD or DVD Guitar Lessons
    Nice picks

Mike

malice95, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  3. misteroso

misteroso Member

Best Answers:
    You can buy a product dealing with classical guitar with PLR, MRR or Resell Rights and then sell it to your list. Check out the various offers in the freebies and content section here at DP and you will find huge amount selling this sort of things. Alternatively, you can create your own product but it will definitely take a lot of your time. One way of shortening this would be to get a bunch of articles dealing with classical guitar and compile them into an ecourse or ebook which you can then offer to your list. It might be a good idea to rewrite them but if you're really in a hurry just put the bios of the actual authors so you don't run into any copyright problems.

misteroso, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  4. misteroso

misteroso Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to add that you can also become an affiliate of an existing product. Check out the various companies offering products for your target niche. Visist clickbank, paydotcom, commission junction, etc. and pick an affiliate program that fits your market. And don't forget the most important thing, use google to find products and product ideas. Good luck!

misteroso, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  5. elcabron

elcabron Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, thanks very much for all the input... My list is VERY picky... it MUST be about "classical guitar" or there's no response. Sheet music kind of works, but the commissions on it are abysmal. There aren't very many products designed for classical guitar.... Which is funny because for just plain guitar there are TONS :) ... Talk about irony

I've got CJ and tried to market instruments.. but seeing as in the classical scene a guitarist gets his guitar and pretty much sticks with it for a lifetime... and when they're on my list they probably have one. Also, being acoustic, you really don't need much else.... for example on electric guitar you need cables, picks, amps, etc... the list is endless... With acoustic instruments it's not like that... unfortunately.

Anyhow... lesson well learned... sometimes being TOO specific in your list doesn't pay. :(

elcabron, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  6. ezine ads

ezine ads Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope you don't mind, but you should ask yourself such question BEFORE building such list. Otherwise, if you don't have any clear marketing plan, you find yourself in a not so nice position: you wasted the time for nothing.

No offence, nobody's perfect and we all learn till the end of our life :)

ezine ads, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  7. HelpingNewbies

HelpingNewbies Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey man...why don't you create a product for this niche?

HelpingNewbies, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  8. thesilly1

thesilly1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't give up just yet but you'll have to start thinking a bit. I'm no classical guitar expert so I can't really help... but a great tip is to think outside of the box. What OTHER product would these classical guitar people want?

You could always send some cool guitar suggestions from amazon ... or something like that. ?!?!

thesilly1, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  9. elcabron

elcabron Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey HelpingNewbies... Yes I'm in the process of doing that right now :) ... Lol, started this with the thought of selling sheet music etc and the fact that I love this stuff.... but now I have to create products :)

Ezine - Yes, it was my FIRST list.... I've learned my lesson though.

elcabron, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  10. elcabron

elcabron Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you... I'm trying to do that... but as you probably know Amazon has been lowering their commissions constantly... It's almost nil from what I last heard... But I'm trying to work it all ways.

I've signed up for a CJ account. But to be honest CJ seems like a waste of time for my situation. No results in weeks and weeks of marketing.

Now I'm trying Helping's advice, coming up with a product...

elcabron, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  11. HelpingNewbies

HelpingNewbies Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool man for your first product price it at $7...no one refunds it hardly plus it removes a buying barrier.

THen you can always scale it up and put it on clickbank for more!

HelpingNewbies, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  12. tuksdrr

tuksdrr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, it is very difficult to monetise such a list and make a significant return. It's quite important to doa lot of research prior to picking a niche to build a business & list for. Here are a few things you may look into before picking your next niche business:

1. How Much Is The Industry Worth On An Annual Basis.
    2. How Many People Are Within The Niche? Ideally bigger is better - but you can't always go by this rule as some big niches (eg recipes, jokes) are still useless.
    3. Are People Spending Money, ONLINE, For The Niche?
    4. Is The Industry Affiliate Friendly? Some niches are pretty poor at offering the affiliate a proper commission.
    5. Availability of big ticket products and commissions of 40%+
    6. Availability of pay per lead and CPA affiliate schemes
    7. Availability of residual income

If you can find a niche that ticks all these boxes, a 1k list will give you a nice return - but, you should also be looking to increase that to 10k and even 100k over time.

tuksdrr, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  13. elcabron

elcabron Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, true... I know now. I've saved-up the check list. I won't make the same mistake twice. My thing was to try and "save" this list now... it would be a shame to just let it sit.

elcabron, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  14. elcabron

elcabron Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have to try and do something. The funny thing is that it grows daily. :) I'll try what you've said... Thanks :)

elcabron, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  15. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of classical music CDs out there.....

cosmonaut, Oct 4, 2009 IP