1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have just realised why i stopped browsing the Google section of this Forum

Discussion in 'Google' started by sweetlouise, Sep 28, 2009.

Because all you guys do is talk about the same crap.

Talk about boring, i have just looked through ten pages of posts and there must have been about 15 unique topics.

WTF - does nobody use the search function.

im going back to the BST :p

sweetlouise, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  2. getting

getting Peon

Best Answers:
    agreed. talking about pagerank = pointless. who cares about it.

getting, Sep 28, 2009 IP
    sweetlouise likes this.
  3. Patricianian

Patricianian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Come on man, this is the Google section and is all about Google that's why a lot of people comes here for information..

Even though, I agree about using the SEARCH Functionality before hitting the 'NEW Thread' button.. but you knows how are newbies.. I used to be a newbie once :)

However, as I've got to know you're running an SEO Company in the UK.. so i guess you're one of the people who should hang around in such section.

After all it's your call, and the moderators should take care of banning :)

Patricianian, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  4. sweetlouise

sweetlouise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    to be honest i dont take in half the crap i read on here. i prefer to do my own thing rather than copy someone else's tactics. and you can bet your last buck i wont be making threads on here telling people the next best thing in SEO.

the last time i posted in google section was months ago, for the same reason - its full of $hit in here. lots of people who think they know seo, but in actual fact they know jack. If they did then they would not be asking the same dumb ass questions and they would be making money from their niche

i have been called arrogant, yeah your probably right. but its made my fortune because i take crap from nobody

the times that i do offer advice, mostly its taken and people agree. after all seo is just common sense, not brain surgery. then you get the odd one or 2 that throw it in your face. for that reason i tend to not bother helping

today im just bored and fancied a look around the forums to see if much had changed...... evidently they have not

5. motherknucker

motherknucker Guest

Best Answers:
    I really hate those threads asking question about how to get my site index, how to get pr ...

A sticky thread should be made for the obvious questions

motherknucker, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  6. Steupz

Steupz Peon

Best Answers:
    Bye!
    You will be missed.

Steupz, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  7. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I for one am fascinated to know when each and every registered poster thinks toolbar PageRank might possibly be about to update. </sarcasm> ;)

magda, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  8. Ralph23

Ralph23 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the amount of people asking how to get their site indexed is lol-worthy.

Ralph23, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  9. PetFriend

PetFriend Member

Best Answers:
    People should really do a search to see if there question has been asked before. It can get a bit boring replying to same question over and over again.

PetFriend, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  10. enhu

enhu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just don't read over and over about those threads that you've seen a million times here like you're expecting something else. when i see one i just go somewhere else after all the internet is a big place.

enhu, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  11. 32paul52

32paul52 Peon

Best Answers:
    Most forums are like that- full of opinions - thats you get from free advice! LOL what you paid for it! Best to take action and document what works anyway..........

32paul52, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  12. SOULZRIPPER

SOULZRIPPER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I know it's annoying but you know everyday there 1000's of noobs sprawling on the internet.
    Admit it you and I were too. We all been. It's just that we need to adapt to certain things.

But noob thread do piss me off once in a while, like the thread would be ultra nooby :p

SOULZRIPPER, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  13. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    There was a time when there were a lot of veteran SEOs here and the conversation was interesting and quite professional. Today, everyone calls himself an SEO professional then runs to this board and asks "why my site not index?". These people are fooling no one but themselves. They contribute for the post count, not to give back to a community that has given to them. But, it seems that is how the world is today. Where have the true professionals gone?

/*tom*/

longcall911, Sep 28, 2009 IP
    tattoos and sweetlouise like this.
  14. sweetlouise

Best Answers:
    PREACH

Amen to that - Repped

15. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    BST? :rolleyes:

Seriously though,
    there are still a lot of knowledgeable people that frequent DP. But a lot of the time their contributions and knowledge seems to get drowned/lost in the sea of "I agree" "me too" "+1 post count" type answers.

Fortunately, the crap is easy to spot, which makes sorting the BS from the quality, relatively quick and simple.

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  16. mluther

mluther Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing is people do not use search function. There is enough number of posts that cover top to bottom of SEO. People can open thread to address any new updates or discuss any new issues.

BTW we all know this and I feel even this thread is unnecessary... lol... :)

mluther, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  17. sweetlouise

Best Answers:
    took the words out of my mouth, i used to add loads of info to this forum, but it seems a waste of time. the general census on here is if i have got a bag of shit for $5 someone has always got one for $10 - and for this reason i tend to stay in the BST and make money instead

sweetlouise, Sep 29, 2009 IP