1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

backlinks and site age

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by enhu, Sep 27, 2009.

if backlinks, content, keywords and age are factors or if it really are factors to get on top of the keyword. then what if my site is just new yet can have lots of backlinks in a short time [got from not paid service backlinks]
    can i be on top and put my competitors behind me? :D

enhu, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  2. Molly

Molly Peon

Best Answers:
    That woudl usually look dodgy. Your chances of getting good rankinh quickly are small.

Molly, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  3. vithca

vithca Guest

Best Answers:
    Too many links too fast won't work, especially if they are considered low value links by Google. I'm afraid it will take time unless you are targetting non-cometitive keywords.

vithca, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  4. enhu

enhu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so its possible., great. approximately a months?

enhu, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  5. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Something I don't understand is: "Too many links too fast won't work" - why is that?

Is it because Google thinks that they can't be genuine links - only paid links?

boblord666, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  6. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    You are trying to rush things. If you have only just registered the domain name it just wont happen. If you have a ten year old domain name that has had its G context set then it can happen in 4 weeks roughly. I dont even bother with sites until they are 18 months old. Sure a bit of content and a bit of link building and articles every few months. No real work.
    You need to be registring the domainnames now for 2012, and knocking up a few page site and adding a handful of links to set the context.
    Rush it and SEO is very hard.

Valley, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  7. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Peon

Best Answers:
    Good backlinks helps increase pagerank. Age helps your site to be treated like a mature site and not placed in the sandbox. The sandbox is a way of making sure new sites don't outrank the old and reputable sites. The chances of you gaining a high ranking for a popular niche is quite low.

Brandon_R, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  8. thesilly1

thesilly1 Peon

Best Answers:
    All of what people have said above is true. However, don't get discouraged. Your site can still rank for certain keywords quickly especially for your long-tail terms (3-4 words in a search). But if you do try to rush it then you'll get penalized and it's even more work to get out...

To me part of the fun is watching the analytics grow over the long term and seeing that steady increase in traffic! :)

thesilly1, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  9. meetali

meetali Active Member

Best Answers:
    Doing Backlink you will get PR and Good Traffic but it will take time...If you are doing more and more work to increase traffic that plz dont do that more work at a time then google thinks that you are spammer that's Y. So do quality work not quantity. Ok

meetali, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  10. mokmok69

mokmok69 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually it has a factor but still it depend on how you optimize your site.

mokmok69, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  11. HomeComputerGames

HomeComputerGames Peon

Best Answers:
    It does depend upon the niche.
    If the site is targeting Adult Products or Make Money then you may have a bit of a wait.
    If you are targeting elephant pooper scoopers then sure, you can rank well very quickly.

Good Luck!

HomeComputerGames, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  12. sanco

sanco Peon

Best Answers:
    Doing Backlink you will get Good Traffic but it will take time

sanco, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  13. ShopZipCode

ShopZipCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Usually one keyword has numbers of competitors. It is best if you target your keyword well, through this your keyword will be more competitive and will get your site ranked.

ShopZipCode, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  14. Gemma Shaw

Gemma Shaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if your new to the market i would reckon if you have peformed the onpage to its best reach and if you can peform link building process with your targeted keywords as Anchor Text with niche sites that have good PR. I would say it would be possible. Usually getting niche links with high PR sites are not easy. Probably if your targeting keyword is very competitive, to have a good SERP it will not be that so easy.

Regards
    Gemma

Gemma Shaw, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  15. irenef25

irenef25 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Too much backlinks in short time won't cause you any problems, your ranking in Google will depend on the sources from where links to your site are pointing. The sources of your backlinks should be good and their PR must be higher than yours. As well as it also depends on your site content. Your content should be fresh, unique and related to the theme and topic of your site.

irenef25, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  16. enhu

enhu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so if my baclkinks sources are from low pr sites, i wont help in anyway?:D

enhu, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  17. motherknucker

motherknucker Guest

Best Answers:
    Site age does not matter that much, Google themselves said site age has minimal effect on rankings

motherknucker, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  18. ibz

ibz Peon

Best Answers:
    "Too much backlinks in short time won't cause you any problems" - umm yes it will. It will cause suspicion with the big G, too many links in a short space of time to a new site might get you flagged. It's better to be safe then sorry.

"The sources of your backlinks should be good and their PR must be higher than yours." - Doesn't have to be Higher, although sometime's Higher is better, if my site was PR6 and someone from a PR5 offered me a link i'd take it.

ibz, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  19. Earnest01

Earnest01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Site age does not have any effect on rankings apart from the fact that older sites have had more time to establish themselves linkwise.

Too many links in a short time is not good since it alerts google that these links must have been acquired artificially and most likely by means of spam. Relevant links take time. However, one has to remember that an additional link will be incorporated in the data affecting serps the moment it appears on a page. If this is a rarely crawled page, it will be long before it becomes visible.

Earnest01, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  20. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    more older your site age and backlink, more advantage u r site get

newlogo, Sep 29, 2009 IP