1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Too competative?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by tguillea, Sep 26, 2009.

I have my eye on a keyword that has around 14,000 monthly searches and 61,000 allintitle competitors.

I've allocated around 20 hours of time for me and my partner to spend on going for this keyword or another if this is too competitive. What do you think?

tguillea, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  2. mickyweju

mickyweju Peon

Best Answers:
    I will say this is too competive but on the contrary you can still digg it the more to get to its long tail, if you are using a very god keyword research tool, this should not be a problem.

mickyweju, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  3. tguillea

tguillea Active Member

Best Answers:
    What if we can get 20-30 backlinks from PR 6 - 8 sites with the anchor text of this as well as several articles with amazing content?

I mean, someone has to be number 1 for any given search, even if it takes a year of on and off work I'd be willing to do it to get to the top page.

For any given keyword, what would you consider the max competition to be to rank for it?

tguillea, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  4. nowimhere

nowimhere Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say thats actually a good keyword.

If you could go broad with it, then you can find even better keywords!

nowimhere, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  5. bryanon

bryanon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my book, the total number of competitors for a keyword is much less important than the quality of sites that are on page #1. If you see a lot of PR4+ sites with tens of thousands of backlinks sunbathing on the first page then clearly it means that it will be quite an effort to beat them and score the top spot. However, if the majority of sites on the first page are new sites with low PR, small amount of backlinks and not very relevant content it's likely to be easy to move past them even if the number of total competitors is enormous.

bryanon, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  6. tguillea

tguillea Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking about that the other day as well bryanon... interesting approach.

Thanks for the input

tguillea, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  7. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    What's the keyword? I can tell you in about 30 seconds if it's worth targeting or not. (And provide alternative suggestions.)

Dan Schulz, Oct 4, 2009 IP