1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Plz Review my first ClickBank LP

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by red-sky, Sep 26, 2009.

Hi,

This is my first ClickBank landing page and was hoping I could receive some feedback on it.

http://www.revealsixpackabs.info

I have learned a few things already with Adwords & CB LPs and what seems to be allowed though I can't figure this out:

I tried redirecting my URL to the affiliate page - not allowed
    Masking URL - not allowed

So I decided to do a 'Call to action' page, an by this I wanted to keep the LP as simple, short and to the point of grabbing the users attention and promoting the product.

Though with Adwords I am still getting Disapproved with 'Inaccurate display URL'? Not to mention there has been a drop in the quality score? I am assuming the quality score problem is in relation to the amount of content on the LP, but how do you keep the potential buyer from having to read reams of content on:

Your LP -> Sales Page -> Order Page

And still maintain a high quality score? I was hoping the detailed sales page would do the selling and I could concentrate on building interest in the product.

All feedback, suggestions and tips to improve are greatly appreciated, feel free to give lots of tough criticism as long as it's right ...best way to learn IMO.

Thanks

red-sky, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  2. pbrouse

pbrouse Peon

Best Answers:
    did you check your LP with the googlekeyword tool to see what google thinks your website's keywords are?

pbrouse, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  3. red-sky

red-sky Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I gave that a check and Google seems to recognize the keywords I am using in my campaign compared to their relevance check...

Anyway this is more about feedback on the landing page as well. Do you have any feedback on that as this is my first time trying this?

Thanks

red-sky, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  4. Chri5123

Chri5123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I quite like it - it looks fresh!

Although you should maybe get a graphical headline on there and also fill it out a bit with content.

Don't assume that visitors on the site will take your word for it as to why that site sells the best guide.

Maybe do a case study and tell them your own results or fluff it out a bit with content?

Chris

Chri5123, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  5. pbrouse

pbrouse Peon

Best Answers:
    my feedback is that it looks good. I think you need to have a privacy statement in your footer along with a contact us page.

what display URL are you using?

pbrouse, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  6. akitmane

akitmane Peon

Best Answers:
    nice landing page page, but you should to add some thing lke a video marketing, because it's short!!!

akitmane, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  7. notxursuperman

notxursuperman Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a question... are these your images on the site? I've seriously already seen these photos exactly to a T like this on other AB workout guides.

notxursuperman, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  8. mcapodici

mcapodici Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice landing page BUT...

Test on as many browser as poss, it's not looking so pretty on IE7. Looking fine on Firefox 3.5 though.

I recommend testing on:

IE 5.5/6/7/8, FF 3/3.5, Chrome and Safari (MAC)

If possible. A pain in the ass but hey at least you have only one page!

mcapodici, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  9. notxursuperman

notxursuperman Peon

Best Answers:
    Please disregard my post, completely misread/failed to correctly read your post. I for some reason thought you were creating a new product and it looked awfully familiar. Looks great.

How many keywords are you using for your campaign? I always start with a handful of the most targeted words I can possibly choose from and slowly build. My theory is that google slaps you for throwing keywords against the wall to see what sticks.

notxursuperman, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  10. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Grahpics and the layout is good, but I would probably add some more content, but right now it just screams "GO CLICK HERE FAST NOW"

bl4ckmaN^, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  11. PiNKAPPLES

PiNKAPPLES Peon

Best Answers:
    fine... I'll be the one that shows some tough love...

This is acceptable if you're trying to test something new (i.e. you already have a successful campaign...). since that doesn't appear to be the case...

Are you trying to make money or reinvent the wheel?

How many people do you know of that are making money with that kind of landing page? My guess is zero...

Go on Google, search "Truth About Abs", go the sites advertising with Adwords and see what they're doing... keep Googling "Truth About Abs" and watch which websites and ads keep running (you can sign up to services that do the monitoring for you)...

the ones that run the longest = highly likely to be profitable... all you need to do is model your landing page after theirs (do not copy, don't be a douchebag) but create two versions to split test... take the winner of the split test and then split test it with a modified version... and keep doing that...

here's a hint: flatabsreviews.com has been running on buyer keywords for the truth about abs for over a year... use that landing page concept as the foundation (but build your own, don't copy it) and work from there...

Hope that helped...

PiNKAPPLES, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  12. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Why, then, have you done a hypey, obviously incentivized, selling-type page yourself, rather than a "pre-selling page"?! Sorry, I wish you well with it but I just don't begin see the logic or purpose of this at all.

Also, why have you gone to the trouble of creating your own landing-page if you're neither building a list (no opt-in) nor even concealing your hoplink?!

Absolutely baffled ... :confused:

alexa_s, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  13. raykey

raykey Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm.... better if your domain [dot]com

raykey, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  14. awl03c

awl03c Member

Best Answers:
    The page looks good but it isn't really persuasive and it doesnt contain any content that a search engine can find.

awl03c, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  15. Skagenweb

Skagenweb Guest

Best Answers:
    Nice. Page. Needs more content though. Try a different product.

Skagenweb, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  16. Faclez

Faclez Peon

Best Answers:
    Content - Content - Content

Faclez, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  17. red-sky

red-sky Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys for all of the feedback, I am still very new to this so everything you say is really appreciated.

The reason I decided to create a LP is because Adwords wouldn't allow me to mask or redirect the URL for my campaign. I am guessing that I haven't created much of a preselling page then, will need to carry out some more research into this to try and nail it.

By opt-in do you mean gathering email addresses? Clearly I am a noob as I can't see where I could benefit from it, literally lol, do you mean get their email address and then direct them to the sales page?

And also concealing hoplink!? Glad you brought to attention as that's a really good idea, will find out how it's done, thanks!

I really appreciate all the feedback guys and I am going to take it on board, if you guys have any sources to good articles on creating pre-selling pages etc, anything related to starting out with clickbank I would really appreciate a some linkies :)

Cheers!

red-sky, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  18. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    You're very brave indeed, to be using Adwords when you're just starting out with Clickbank. I appreciate that you're new and am in no way trying to be critical or rude! But if you don't know what a pre-selling page is and what a landing page is for, are you sure you should be using Adwords? :eek:

Adwords typically has a long, slow, expensive learning-curve. Just saying.

A landing-page serves three purposes:-

1. It enables you to collect the email address of the customer ("the money is in the list")

2. It enables you to pre-sell with product with objective-sounding, impartial information (or a "review-site") to put people in a buying mood so that by the time they click on one of your many links and get to the vendor's sales-page, they're already thinking about buying it

3. It serves as a link between Adwords and/or author's resource-boxes in articles, or whatever, and the vendor's page and is a way to conceal affiliate-links.

What is isn't (or shouldn't be) is "another selling page". If you're promoting a product for which you think the vendor's sales page is so bad that you need to put up your own sales page as well (as you have done), then choosing another product instead is a better solution.

This page you have now won't increase your number of sales compared with what would happen if you just bought a dot-info domain-name at Godaddy for $0.99 and forwarded it with masking to your hoplink. It might even reduce them a little. What would increase them very significantly would be having a real "pre-sell page" in which, without trying to sell or "persuade" you either tell your own story about the product and the problem it solved for you, or your review it objectively (but discreetly pointing out all the advantages together with one or two very minor disadvantages which won't actually put anyone off), in other words don't sound as if you're selling it.

Most potential customers, even after all this, don't buy on their first visit to the sales-page. If you can get their email address on your landing page, you can chase them up by sending informative, interesting emails through an autoresponder, with occasional emails including your affiliate link, and you'll get a lot more sales that way. And build your own list. And maybe be able to sell other stuff to them in future. But this is a different ball-game.

The product that you're promoting has a vendor's opt-in on the sales-site. I'm casting no aspersions at all about any individuals, and I know nothing about this specific product at all, but I wouldn't dream, myself (and neither would many professional affiliates), of being an affiliate for a product with a vendor's opt-in on the sales page, because the reality is that you're totally dependent on the vendor's honesty to get paid the commissions on your customers. Some vendors collect your potential customers email addresses and put them on a mailing list and send them email which contains their hoplinks (or their wife's). Clickbank allows this, too. Try getting paid on those! I'm not accusing all vendors of dishonesty, obviously. But why take a chance on it at all? There are plenty of other products without a vendor's opt-in on the sales page. Why not sell those instead and not have to worry about this common problem? ;)

You can "opt in" yourself, of course, and check the vendor's follow-up emails yourself, but you have to do it for 60 days (that's the duration of a CB cookie) and even then you don't know that other people are necessarily getting the same links that you saw. And you don't know when it might change. And you don't need to take any of these chances.

Siutations like this, with the vendor collecting email addresses, are called "leaky sales pages". "Leaks" are potential ways that the affiliate may not get paid.

Honest CB vendors know full well that paying 75% commission actually costs them, overall, between 50% and 55% of their takings because CB's affiliate tracking isn't completely reliable at the best of times (some people remove cookies, some anti-spyware programs that people use interfere with them, and so on). Dishonest vendors, of course, can save even more money than that by having their own opt-in for their own list on the sales page and depriving some of their affiliates of some of their commissions. Who needs these additional problems? So, some will disagree (and some vendors will "disagree" very vociferously, of course!!!) but for myself and many others making a living this way, these products are a huge no-no. So much so that there are now commercial services available that send out lists of "CB products with non-leaky sales pages" to warn affiliates and keep them informed. ;)

Please note, again, I'm not impugning the honesty of this particular product's vendor, and I have no idea who he is anyway. I'm talking in generalisations only and mentioning that, for myself, I wouldn't touch it simply because it has a vendor's opt-in and that's a problem I can live without.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
    alexa_s, Sep 27, 2009 IP
    santi70 likes this.
  19. red-sky

red-sky Peon

Best Answers:
    This post is fantastic alexa, thank you so much for this, I +rep'd you for this!

red-sky, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  20. santi70

santi70 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is not much to ad to Alexa's post. she covers most of it including the point that there is no money in for you if you are promoting someone else's opt -in page. As far as getting poor quality score from Google that is more straightforward. Google doesn't see anything of quality on your site in fact a single page doesn't really qualify in Googles's eyes as a site. You absolutely need more than 1 page. In order to use PPC with Google you need more than 1 page. Create what is called a mini-site. You absolutely need a page with your privacy policy on it, plus you need a contact/ about us page as well.These all need to be linked to the home page. Then at least get one good article written about the product, send it to EZA and get that to link back to your site. Then get your site to link to another couple of sites preferably on something related to your product. Then maybe Google might take you seriously. Personally I would dump that offer and look for something else, I think you are on to a hiding to nothing with that. Also when done right long copy sells.

santi70, Sep 27, 2009 IP