1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

paypal -$3000 negative balance! help!

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by dorm, Sep 25, 2009.

Hello,
    4 months ago I trusted someone who I shouldn't ever trusted and then he scammed me like 3000 dollars but I don't have any clear evidence to proove it because it was my mistake. I just trusted him. Anyways since july 2009 my account has had negative balance - $3000. They started mailing me but I ignored. After they sent the last e-mail I got in contact with them and we made a payment arrangement with them. I was kinda scared..
    But now my friends tell me not to pay. They say paypal can't do anything. And of course I don't want to pay because I haven't got any of $3000.
    In last e-mail I ensured them to pay the first part of the negative balance due end of october. Now I am confused because everone says not to pay. I live in Turkey and my name and contact information in paypal account, is true. They don't have my credit card and I closed my bank account. What will happen in next couple months you think? They can even take me to court in Turkey?
    I need your advices. What should I do?

Thanks a lot

dorm, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  2. jagged

jagged Peon

Best Answers:
    Well what actually happened and have you tried explaining this to paypal when it actually happened. Also if you were scammed then i would contact the police because as of right now your responsible for $3000.

jagged, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  3. timeless1983

timeless1983 Guest

Best Answers:
    They will send to collections, that's it. Some scammer ripped me over $390. When PayPal tried to recover they managed to get 0.05 cents so I told my credit card and they took the money from PayPal so my account went negative. They sent it to collections and nothing more. Its been years now, I just refuse to use PayPal. So much for their guarantee...

They can take the hit, I'm a uni student living off $12 bucks an hour on my own with no parents to run to. Every penny counts.

Besides, all of eBay and PayPal's ads are always promising safe shopping, blah blah, then when something happens you're SOL.

timeless1983, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  4. dorm

dorm Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hopefully nothinh will happen.
    Is there anyone who had a situation like this, like a negative balance with big amount of money

dorm, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  5. EnvoHost

EnvoHost Guest

Best Answers:
    Dont pay it. Tell Paypal to shove there collection notices.

EnvoHost, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  6. domain seller

domain seller Peon

Best Answers:
    Better visit paypal office and explain everything...

paypal is eveywhere!!

domain seller, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  7. keen4kash

keen4kash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whoa that is one of the bigger amounts of i heard of interms of neg balance

not a real expert in this area sorry

Maybe research more before you decide - if they have your real id info and they do forward the case to a collection agency then i guess they will hound you with mail and phone calls at your registered address until you respond. Depending on rules in your country they could try to get the funds by seizing assets or taking you to court with legal action but im not sure if paypal would take it that far for $3000 as to them it may not be that bigger amount.

Contact legal assistance or ask experts in paypal matters?

I guess if you did not use paypal again ever then you may not have to pay - but it would hard if you plan to earn money online in the future not to use paypal, so then you would have try to create accounts in fake names and set up diff banks acs etc.

good luck - hope u find a good solution

keen4kash, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  8. hardjoko

hardjoko Active Member

Best Answers:
    How come your balance becomes negative? How can you spend money you do not own? How can paypal allow this to happen?

Also Ever try paypal dispute?

hardjoko, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  9. kevinbanet

kevinbanet Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing to worry. I have $1800 in negative balance from last one year in one account and $500 in another. So a total of $2300 in negative balance. I too have correct address and phone number. They sent mail for few months and now they had stopped sending because they know they can't recover money as I don't live in US and US laws do not apply to my home country. Simply ignore the mails, or better set filter in your mail account so that you don't have any headache when you see those money demanding email.

kevinbanet, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  10. prettybomb2008

prettybomb2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am interested with this one too since I have no encountered negative balance in my paypal which I am really praying that I cant experience this one . Anyway I would like to asked if they really cant file a case to you if your not going to pay them?

prettybomb2008, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  11. hardjoko

hardjoko Active Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal must be aware that they often cannot collect negative balance. So they should make it impossible and reject payment that exceed your balance.

I can't see why they don't do that?

hardjoko, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  12. dorm

dorm Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this valuable information guys. I decided not to pay it :) Will there be any problem in the future when I go to USA?

dorm, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  13. darkmessiah

darkmessiah Peon

Best Answers:
    For those that don't understand how you get a negative balance, it's simple.

You sell something, and get paid. Things seem ok for a day or two, you transfer balance to your bank account.

Days later, there is a chargeback of some sort (fraud). Paypal reverses your payment and now you are negative.

darkmessiah, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  14. sezerdege

sezerdege Member

Best Answers:
    simple, do not go to the U.S. :)

sezerdege, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  15. dorm

dorm Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have already been there so that's not a problem:D

dorm, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  16. hardjoko

hardjoko Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh. Is that the only way?

In that case the guy that fraud you should go to jail. Tell paypal that you will help him in that case. $3k is a lot of money.

hardjoko, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  17. TonyRo

TonyRo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, sorry for digging this thread but I want to know if finally they really can't do anything ? I am in a similar situation. Now I have hundreds US dollars of negative balance in AlertPay not Paypal. And like dorm I don't live in US either. Will AlertPay use any law enforcement agency to cover the negative balance ?

TonyRo, May 13, 2011 IP
  18. News Updates

News Updates Member

Best Answers:
    just run away :D

listen friend turkey neither comes in US nor in EU,, just f*ck the paypal :D
    they will never come to you. tell them that your bank and credit card are already closed because you became insolvent after that accident (the scam) even court cant do anything with insolvents :D

News Updates, May 13, 2011 IP
  19. zzbot

zzbot Peon

Best Answers:
    They'll just send to collections which is all they can do. If you don't need to worry about your credit score then ignore those bastards. They're completely retarded.

(My case: I opened a dispute and the other side admitted in dispute that they did not deliver item yet they still ruled in their favor... talk about can't read... And even when I called them the dumb lady on the phone still didn't do anything after I pointed out the obvious)

zzbot, May 13, 2011 IP
  20. TonyRo

TonyRo Peon

Best Answers:
    My home country does not have "credit score" conception. But I just have ~1300 USD in negative, not much enough for them to me to court right ?

TonyRo, May 13, 2011 IP