1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Homepage not appearing in search when i type in website name

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by missionimpossible, Sep 25, 2009.

I have a problem when i type in the website name it doesnt appear as number one. For example lets say the site is www.examplesite.com when i type in examplesite the site doesnt appear as number 1, it did for months now it doesnt. But if i type in the whole domain www.example.com it appears. Is this a common problem that will go away after awhile? or am i getting penalized?

missionimpossible, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  2. jason12390

jason12390 Peon

Best Answers:
    if you were being penalized you site wouldn't show up at all in the SERPs

the sites that are ranking for your name "examplesite" are they similar in nature and or are they using those keywords.

You could of also been thrown in the sandbox

jason12390, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  3. Klutze

Klutze Peon

Best Answers:
    Chances are there are other people out there targeting the same keywords that happen to be your website's name. Keep up the link building and you'll see it bounce back in no time.

Klutze, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  4. atniz

atniz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you site name is some highly competitive "keyword".

I suggest you to do continue adding more backlinks to your site using anchored keyword same as your website address and you will see it's ranking in google soon.

atniz, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  5. SiteTracker

SiteTracker Guest

Best Answers:
    One other effective way is to make optimum utilization of H1 tags and the keyword in the URL and ofcourse as others mentioned do some directory submission to get backlinks.

SiteTracker, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  6. harizd

harizd Peon

Best Answers:
    If "examplesite" is a highly competitive keyword, your site may not appear if you Google "examplesite" unless you build enough backlinks to out beat your competition.

harizd, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  7. Jollyboy

Jollyboy Guest

Best Answers:
    To check if you have been penalized use your home page title tag with quotes as search string. if your site does not appear in the first page, man you have something to worry about

Jollyboy, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  8. missionimpossible

missionimpossible Peon

Best Answers:
    the keyword is not competitive at all. Its a brand name I created. When i do my title tag in quotes it appears as number one. but if i just type in my site name its no where to be found. I can only find subpages of my site when typing in my site name.

missionimpossible, Sep 27, 2009 IP