1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How did my site vanish on this keyword over night

Discussion in 'Google' started by kelvintrinity, Sep 26, 2009.

Hello everyone,

please help me this is very surprising and annoying to m. i am a webmaster and right now i am working on www.kantorsfurniture.com. this site was on first page on "ashley home furniture" and few other keywords but over night this site is not found in top 20pages of google. how did it just vanish i am perplexed. and so is my client surprised and angry on me. please help me if anyone knows the solution or why did this happen let me know. thanks in advance

regards

kelvin

kelvintrinity, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  2. manpasand

manpasand Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you check your site problem via Google Webmaster tools?

What changes you have done in recent past?

manpasand, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  3. kelvintrinity

kelvintrinity Peon

Best Answers:
    i checked in webmaster tools everything seems ok over there, n to top it the keywords positioning is showing on 1st page but in the actual front page it cant be seen. and i have not done any recent change but any promoting my site steadily

4. harizd

harizd Peon

Best Answers:
    If your site has moved from 1st position to 6th or somewhere in the 2nd page, Google is probably dancing. But in your case, it looks like you have been hit by a ban hammer. There can be a lot of reasons for this but here is a list of most common mistakes:

1. Too many backlinks too fast.
    2. Copied content or copyrighted content.
    3. You did something blackhat and Google spotted you right.

If you dint do any of the above, you should be able to find out from your webmasters tool.

harizd, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  5. lavanyaja

lavanyaja Peon

Best Answers:
    lavanyaja, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  6. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Title tag spam - Youve stuffed the title tag with repeated keywords

Comment spamming -

Over optimization

Link spamming

Bye bye rankings.

Sem-Advance, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  7. kelvintrinity

kelvintrinity Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks folks for all your help i got the problem it seems i had copied content but now i need a solution over it. if i remove the content and put a original content will my site come back on top??? please help

8. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    I hate to say this but thats not why the site lost rankings. The site barely has any content and content does not matter much for rankings.

9. Jollyboy

Jollyboy Guest

Best Answers:
    I would have to disagree with that. Content is the MOST IMPORTANT factor in ranking. I would say get some fresh original contents. if you have been penalized then it would take some time to get back. File a re inclusion request stating what measures you have done to correct your mistake.

Jollyboy, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  10. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Okay well you might want to disagree with someone who has no clue about SEO. Considering Ihave done SEO for clients worldwide for the last 5 years and I have 1,000s of keywords ranking in the top 3 on all 3 search engines I am almost 100% sure I know what I am writing about.

I can show you 100s of sites with no content that rank very well for competitive keywords.

Type in credit card in the google search box, the number 1 result is Visa.com which has no content what so ever.

Next go visit the site in question, and you will notice a lack of content as well.

Now you have learned something new......;)

11. kelvintrinity

kelvintrinity Peon

Best Answers:
    wht does re inclusion mean???

12. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    When a site is banned (which your clients site is not) usually for serious blackhat tactics, webmasters need to go through Google Webmaster Tools and ask to have the site re-included,

One thing with forums is most of the information you read is wrong, such as the info by jollyboy, and it is often hard to determine who knows the true answers.

13. gordon08

gordon08 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your site isn't banned. When I did a search on google for kantorsfurniture.com, it comes on top. SERPs constantly change and there is nothing for you to worry about. You just have to be patient and keep on building links.

gordon08, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  14. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Its also important to read carefully the OP before posting

[
    He wants his site found for the keywords and not the domain name.

:)

15. Paul8368

Paul8368 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rankings change just keep working on it using white hat SEO techniques and it will come back in time.

Sort out the meta tags though I agree with Sem-Advance you have repeated the same keyword too many times.

Your meta description is too long and although the keywords are relevant I don't recommend putting keywords in which are not on the page the meta tag relates to.

I do like the way you have put your top search terms in the blue banner at the top though, I use the same strategy myself and it does seem to work. The hard part is making sure it doesn't detract from the content and you have achieved that well.

Paul

Paul

Paul8368, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  16. kelvintrinity

kelvintrinity Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks sem u seem to know quite a lot. can u please give me tips and suggestions on wht i should do. to improvise my stupidity and also like u said my site has no content so any tip for dat too, thanks

17. Jollyboy

Jollyboy Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree when you say content dosent matter. But that's not for small webmasters. Those are for corporate sites.

Type in "click here" and you get adobes sites. Why? Inbound links. its natural that visa.com is linked to by the anchor text credit cards or something related.

It really boils down to the niche. Since he is asking, I assume that he is no fortune 500 company owner. So he will need content to rank.

18. Anil Pandey

Anil Pandey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Amazing, but very true. The astonishing thing is that this is not related to some forgotten keyword but to a keyword which has 812,000,000 results. And the highest CPC comes from credit cards, loans, forex, health etc. Its quite obvious that this is true.

However, Jollyboy is not entirely off the mark because it is generally believed that content is king and the site which is more tightly focused on the content, unique content at that, along with related domain has a better chance of coming up in the SERPs. Other factors like backlinks from related sites also help.

Anil Pandey

Anil Pandey, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  19. Jollyboy

Jollyboy Guest

Best Answers:
    It's industry specific. Dont you remember the Google bombing a few years ago??? backlinks and content plays a role. In certain cases like "credit cards", "loans" etc it will be better for sites which provide services to come up. The same is the case with "SEO" or "Forex trading". but however if I was looking for terms like "How to get a credit card" or "How to trade forex" then you can see content sites come up. That means content sites have better chances at ranking for long tail or 2nd tier keywords.

20. aamigallery

aamigallery Guest

Best Answers:
    Maybe you have been using some blackhat techniques on your site. This is the only reason that your site has been de-indexed instantly.

aamigallery, Sep 29, 2009 IP