1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What type of web designer should I use for my site idea?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Rhythm25, Sep 24, 2009.

My site will have a homepage containing an embedded video with some content explaining the services the website will give. There will be tabs at the top of the page stating things such as "contact us" etc. They will be able to click on one of those tabs which will take them to a new page with a giant US map. When they get to the map, they will be able to click on their home state and it will load a new page with tables ranking certain information pertaining to their state.

For now, I will want to generate traffic and see how much adsense revenue I will be getting. Eventually, I will charge a slight subscription fee and require a username/password to view the tables.

What type of web designer should I be looking for? Will this be a simple HTML website? Or will it be more complicated than that. As you can see I'm inexperienced with the whole web design thing. I appreciate the responses.

Rhythm25, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  2. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    Pretty sure you can do all that with wordpress. Just install it and find a free template then you wont have to hire anyone.

aaron_nimocks, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  3. Dee2007

Dee2007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree give it ago yourself first, you can always hire someone later if you feel you need to.

Dee2007, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  4. Rhythm25

Rhythm25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress does all that? does it code it and everything for you as well? And can you SEO optimize the site easily with it? I thought it was only for blogs and that sort of thing... hmm I'll check it out

Rhythm25, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  5. wysiwyg4

wysiwyg4 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can think of a website as being static
    whereas a blog is quite dynamic - you can create pages like you want
    that will stay more or less static and post everyday if you want.

wysiwyg4, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  6. fdelixx

fdelixx Peon

Best Answers:
    u need to mlm site or web 2.0 site.

fdelixx, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  7. xenobiologist

xenobiologist Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think standard HTML is going to work for you on this site. You have to keep in might that you're going to have ppl sign up and pay for a subscription later. I would suggest trying to get by with wordpress and if that doesn't pan out try a CMS solution like Joomla; unless you want the designer/developer to design the whole site for you by hand using whatever they use to design dynamic content solutions.

xenobiologist, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  8. dhruwindcharla

dhruwindcharla Active Member

Best Answers:
    you will need a person who knows html, css, java, and all designing stuff (DTP)

Wordpress wont work well with your site as you need that map thing...and as you said, you need a site and not a blog

dhruwindcharla, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  9. Gungz

Gungz Peon

Best Answers:
    Please find a web designer who excels at CSS, HTML, and he must be capable of using technology neede for building the maps.

Gungz, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  10. Valiant

Valiant Peon

Best Answers:
    This .

Valiant, Oct 9, 2009 IP