1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do I do?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Skid, Sep 25, 2009.

I was wondering what exactly is copywrighting? How would I go about doing it and what would be the smart way and profitable way to do it? Please lead me to any links that might be out there or help me with your own thoughts or suggestions!

Skid, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  2. HomeComputerGames

HomeComputerGames Peon

Best Answers:
    HomeComputerGames, Sep 25, 2009 IP
    Y.L. Prinzel likes this.
  3. Skid

Skid Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, is there anyone else that will/can help?

Skid, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  4. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    Skid. Copywriting is an art which takes many many years to learn and a lot of talent.
    Copywriting is persuasive writing.........

To be successful at it you have to have a mastery of the language.

Which means, unfortunataly, unless you can talk and write like a native speaker, don't bother learning how to be a copywriter.

factchecker, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  5. Skid

Skid Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean like a native speaker? I am in the us and I think my use of the english language is good.

Skid, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  6. frankgotgame818

frankgotgame818 Peon

Best Answers:
    What well known copywriters are you aware of? Clayton Makepeace, John Carlton and others are excellent copywriters. Reading their ads over and over to discover what makes that sales letter sell product is a great way to start.

Your writing has to - "Show, don't tell", means don't announce directly what some thing or place is like and how it should make a person feel. Instead, describe it so richly that your reader experiences it for himself.

Your goal, depending on the purpose, is for the reader to take an action that you want them to take. Subscribe to your newsletter, ask for more information or buy your product.

Understanding what the market you're writing for wants is crucial to your success in writing for that market.

Do a bit of searching for the copywriting books and you'll find plenty to start learning from.

In regard to the native language speaker, different parts of USA have words and phrases that tell others exactly where they're from. If you are writing for a local market that becomes important because using language they can identify with builds trust.

Just my $0.02,

Frank C

frankgotgame818, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  7. purposeinc

purposeinc Peon

Best Answers:
    you may want to write in your native langauge. All the great things happening in English, are coming to the other languages as well eventually. Anyone can learn english with enough practice and study. I did. :)

purposeinc, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  8. Sneakyheathen

Sneakyheathen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Guys, he says he is a native speaker. It's probably not right to assume someone is from another country if they aren't particularly articulate...

Skid, I have to be honest with you, your grammar is a little weak. Now, you're nowhere near the worst I've seen, but you could do with a little bit of tidying up in sentence structure.

Do you want to do "copy" writing, which involves mostly advertising (sales pages, advertisements), or do you want to write "content" meaning press releases, blog posts, content, and editing?

Knowing what kind of work you want to do and what kind of clients you want to work with is essential.

As far as becoming a copywriter is concerned:

http://www.writerseven.com/category/how-to-become-a-freelance-writer/

Right now I would focus on building up your fundamentals. Get out there and READ BOOKS (normal books. fantasy, sci-fi, romance, magazines, whatever floats your boat) and practice writing everyday. That is the fastest way to improve. ;)

Sneakyheathen, Oct 10, 2009 IP
    DocuMaker likes this.
  9. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    Which he does not have. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't have even given him that link.

PhilipR, Oct 14, 2009 IP