1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AntiCellulite.com - Is it worth $10,000?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by d3wlin, Sep 18, 2009.

Hi there!

I have a cellulite-related domain name AntiCellulite.com (Anti Cellulite). I do believe it's a real treasure.

First of all, what is cellulite?
    "Cellulite describes a condition that is claimed to occur in most women, where the skin of the lower limbs, abdomen, and pelvic region becomes dimpled after puberty." - Wikipedia.

Photo of cellulite.
    [​IMG]

Here are some quotation from NYTimes.com,
    "In 2008, 40 percent more anti-cellulite creams were introduced than the previous year, said Taya Tomasello, a senior beauty analyst at Mintel, a market research firm."
    and
    "The market for anti-cellulite devices in the United States was more than $47 million in 2008, said Amy Krohn, a spokeswoman for the Millennium Research Group. It is projected to grow to $62 million by 2013.".

I find that women are crazy about this cellulite thing ready to spend a lot of money to reduce its appearance. There is a huge search volume for keyword "anti cellulite" according to Google, approx. 135,000 in August alone and 110,000 on average per month. Also searches for "anti cellulite" increases year-by-year.

So, whether this domain is worth $10,000? I appreciate your thoughts.

d3wlin, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It's not a $10k domain, I think you'd be lucky to get $1k for it. Does it get type-in traffic?

dcristo, Sep 18, 2009 IP
    d3wlin likes this.
  3. d3wlin

d3wlin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks dcristo, but I believe it is worth $10k, considering everything mentioned in the first post. Also this name receives some type-in traffic.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
    d3wlin, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  4. nitrogen77

nitrogen77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Based on Estibot my domain name WhatIsCancer(dot)Com is worth $75.000 .... do I think is worth that? No...
    you need to be realistic, your domain name is only worth what people are willing to pay

nitrogen77, Sep 23, 2009 IP
    d3wlin likes this.
  5. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The search for the exact term is moderately competitive 2,400 local 14,800 global. My guess is that $1k would be a good price to get,perhaps a little more to the right buyer, but certainly not anywhere close to $10k. The only way to know is to put it up for sale and see what someone is willing to pay for it.

mjewel, Sep 25, 2009 IP
    d3wlin likes this.
  6. hostingdirect24

hostingdirect24 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is worth 10k when somebody is willing to pay 10k not when you insist in it. People are trying to give you there opinion and say maybe 1k but when nobody wants to give you even that you'll have to take it just the same.
    If you were lucky and somebody offered you 100k would you still insist on 10k value? Just to give you some additional thought.

hostingdirect24, Sep 25, 2009 IP
    d3wlin likes this.
  7. RBN

RBN Peon

Best Answers:
    1k but you could get lucky if tvoffer decides to name one of their products like that :p

RBN, Sep 25, 2009 IP
    d3wlin likes this.
  8. Lukas

Lukas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    look at the competition. Your site may not overcome them on page 1 for even your domain name term.
    value is based also on the kw incoming traffic. If you have non-buyer or non-action traffic kws yeah it could be worth $1k or less. OTOH, if you do have those works and rankings; good luck selling it at a premium in a depressed economy.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
    Lukas, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  9. sunny61162

sunny61162 Peon

Best Answers:
    hey,look at the your site come soon as first page on google, but i can also say that,your domain name is only worth what people are willing to pay

sunny61162, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  10. d3wlin

d3wlin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for entries everyone!

Few months ago I had an offer of $2,600 via Sedo. Also from time to time I receive interest via email, not exactly offers, but asking if I'm willing to sell the name.

From my experiences, cellulite is something still not everyone is aware of.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
    d3wlin, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  11. drahmedgalal

drahmedgalal Peon

Best Answers:
    you will get paid well for this domain. but be patient. in cosmetic field every things go in waves today every one is interested in subject, tomorrow is the wave of another product. so wait for your wave and sell then

drahmedgalal, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  12. drahmedgalal

drahmedgalal Peon

Best Answers:
    plus i saw many users here estimate a domains at reg fees to be sold in auctions after that and worth some money.
    so i think the best solution go to bido start an auction with bido price 10,000 $ ...if someone gives you a bid of 5.000$ so i think it may worth 10.000 for the end user.

drahmedgalal, Feb 7, 2010 IP