1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I very important question about commission Junction

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Shailendra Mishra, Sep 22, 2009.

Hello Members,
    I want to clear a doubt about commission junction. I read somewhere that all clicks ( and sales made from those clicks ) which are made from out of the homepage specified will not be eligible for commission. I am not sure that It was exactly this, but something similar to this.
    Please tell me the solution in the following points.

1. May I advertise the products in an unspecified ( means not added to my websites section of CJ ) blog/website of CJ ? Will I get commission ?

2. May I advertise my products in Forums and other social networking places?

3. May Send emails to my opt-in members to get CJ sales ?

4. May I use PPC ?

5. May I use other CHEAPER methods. like free traffic schemes ?

I know some parts of this question are irritating, but please answer your opinion honestly.

Shailendra Mishra, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  2. anhbloginc

anhbloginc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. May I advertise the products in an unspecified ( means not added to my websites section of CJ ) blog/website of CJ ? Will I get commission ?

In some case, CJ accept this method , without website, you can promote product via Email Marketing. But not almost Advertiser offer this way, and almost of advertiser will manual to approve when you try to apply their program. Then you should/needed to have at least one website.

2. May I advertise my products in Forums and other social networking places?

This is not allowed in CJ. I think . But if you ads product in forum , link in forum is your website link . It's ok

3. May Send emails to my opt-in members to get CJ sales ?

Email Marketing ? Yes. It's ok in some case and if advertiser allowed

4. May I use PPC ?

PPC is not allowed in CJ

5. May I use other CHEAPER methods. like free traffic schemes ?

Some case, you need to explain to CJ how you promote , method promote , traffic source ... I have no answer for this question

anhbloginc, Sep 22, 2009 IP
    Shailendra Mishra likes this.
  3. Shailendra Mishra

Shailendra Mishra Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for long explanation.. At least I get it in short that "It depends on the particular advertiser"

Shailendra Mishra, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  4. Shailendra Mishra

Shailendra Mishra Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to hear views from other persons. Specially in case of Email and PPC marketing.

Shailendra Mishra, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  5. Dreamerr

Dreamerr Peon

Best Answers:
    Your questions all depend on the individual merchant's TOS, there are no answers for CJ as a whole.
    The info anhbloginc gave you may or may not be true for any single merchant.
    Many allow PPC but with certain conditions (eg. not bidding on the merchants name as a keyword)
    You need to read the TOS to find out.

Dreamerr, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  6. Rich_H

Rich_H Peon

Best Answers:
    For email, you need to have that checked as one of the promotional methods for any site(s) you have listed where you'll use email marketing.

The setting is at Account > Web site Settings > Account Settings

You should contact the advertiser to get permission for email.

For PPC, that will be spelled out on the advertiser details page at the bottom. They'll usually have the prohibited words that they don't want you to use as keywords or in the ad copy or display url.

If they allow PPC, there will also be a link to get the text link they want you to use for SEM, it will be listed as "Keyword Link", and will have any additional terms or prohibited keywords listed when you click it.

If you are going to advertise on a site that you don't own and direct link to the advertiser from that site, like facebook or myspace, you need to either add facebook/myspace as one of your sites or list your site(s) as incentivised/special and specify that you will be direct linking from third-party sites.

Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to direct link from any site that you don't own, like forums or social sites. Just create your own LPs and direct all traffic there, then send your visitors to your CJ offers.

Rich_H, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  7. Submariner

Submariner Peon

Best Answers:
    Would this be Account > Web Site Settings > Incentive/Special Program > Edit ???

What should I put there if I want to drive traffic to a CJ offer from Facebook?

(Facebook is particularly good for dating, and CJ has a lot of dating merchants)

Submariner, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  8. SEOwriterplus

SEOwriterplus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm. And I thought that PPC was actually the main way people were expected to promote! I guess I was wrong.

And no, I haven't used it (yet), so no problem here.

In fact, I'm just starting with CJ, so this is very interesting to me. And I had been wondering about those cryptic rules, so I really appreciate the info too.

SEOwriterplus, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  9. basketballboy

basketballboy Member

Best Answers:
    No third party sites. CJ has a very good support team, you can contact them about any specific questions you have.

basketballboy, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  10. Submariner

Submariner Peon

Best Answers:
    Not neccessarily, apparently you can advertise CJ on facebook if you make it known in the incentive-special program box, but I'm trying to confirm first if anyone here does that.

Submariner, Oct 12, 2009 IP