1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there really a way for people to make non-scam money online?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tiermanm, Sep 21, 2009.

Hey everyone,
    I see all over the web about ppl making money online. Well I've come to the conclusion the only way ppl are making money is by selling what I consider scams on how to make money on the internet.

My question is: Is there such a way to make money online besides being a large corporation? Without trying to sell somebody else an "Idea on how to make money Online"??

Any ideas/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated, even if you would rather PM me the answer to keep it quiet.

Thanks
    Mark

tiermanm, Sep 21, 2009 IP
  2. elbeer

elbeer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I make quite a bit through facebook applications. I have some rpg games which earn around $150 per week all legal and above board.

How do they make this money?

1. Firstly you need to get lots of users playing the game - user the invite system and a little viral techniques
    2. Create a product within the game that the user would pay to use. e.g a war game if the user is put on the hitlist and if another user kills them - they lose all their points or virtual money and guns etc If the user has spent 6 months or even a few weeks building up their points or money then they will want to protect these items. Hence now you have a product which the user wants . e.g. Pay to remove yourself from the Hitlist.
    3. Now you have a virtual product you need to make money from it. This can be done a few ways either directly from paypal e.g. pay $5 to remove yourself from hitlist or buy using FAVOR points a favor point can be earned from completing a survey via some offer system e.g. offerpal or cpalead. All of which earn you money LEGALLY
    4. You can also earn money from advertising space on your game using google adsense, affiliate adverts etc.

I hope this helps

elbeer, Sep 21, 2009 IP
  3. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    I do webhosting and have for over 10 years. I started small, worked with my clients and made sure I did the best that I could do. I also monitored what was occurring with the softwares my clients used so when they had a question, I either knew the answer or knew how to find it. Many hosts just pass their clients on to the software support forums and expect them to find their own answer.

My clients (ie "soccermoms") would rather pay me 8 bucks a month than to face the Gallery or WordPress support forums. They don't worry about getting hacked as we do their upgrades as well.

Now if I could just get the legal issues with my ex resolved....

theapparatus, Sep 21, 2009 IP
  4. elonblock

elonblock Peon

Best Answers:
    Mark,

It's been my experience that getting clarity on what really excites you or something that you are really passionate about is the key to any type of marketing. Whether it be online or offline.

A good place to start is what do you enjoy doing in your free time? What type of hobbies do you enjoy? What type of things are you really good at and enjoy doing? I don't mean to be vague or cryptic. It's just that no one can answer these questions but you. Because we are all different. This is why Baskin Robbins makes 31 plus different flavors of ice cream.

We tried to do so many different programs that we were not a good match for that I lost count. So while the program sounded good on paper, as an example I had no interest in building multiple social media sites and therefore it was a drag and we never made any money.

It was through the answers to these types of questions that my partner and I were finally able to find something which we could actually be in profit with.

elonblock, Sep 21, 2009 IP
  5. BW1

BW1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could also make videos and submit them to sites where you get paid each time your video is displayed. There is loads of sites that have competitions etc. for it.

Provide a service, like doing some aspect of web design - banners etc.

Run a website - too much room for scope here

BW1, Sep 21, 2009 IP
  6. Beanz

Beanz Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you really asking this question, or are you just trying to prove a point?
    There are louds of ways to make "clean" money online, and your question is way to vague, but i'll give you a few examples.

Grandpa selling "How to play harmonica lessons".
    Singlemom blogging about her daily life as a single parent.
    A dad selling his hobby stock pictures.

Stop using the "everyone that are successfull are scammers" as an excuse because you haven't learned how to make money on your own.

Beanz, Sep 21, 2009 IP
  7. Steve Powers

Steve Powers Peon

Best Answers:
    I really don't know why you drew a conclusion like this.I think there're different ways for people to make money
    on the internet.Maybe you can't simply call it scam.Internet business is various including sales、technical support、
    customer service or other things.Maybe you can first choose your direction and then work hard for it.Try to do
    something good to your customer.Only then can you succeed finally.

Steve Powers, Sep 21, 2009 IP
  8. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes in fact i'm doing it last time.
    There are many way you can do earn online.
    For example you can be dropshipper.
    Or go to freelance site to do some project.

mentos, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  9. keen4kash

keen4kash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, its possible but it requires hard work and time and effort

You need to try the search function in this forum

Im getting sick of the amount of duplicate threads that get started by newbs who want everyone to tell them earning secrets instead of researching, trial and error like everyone has to do.........

Start reading and learning

keen4kash, Sep 22, 2009 IP
    theapparatus likes this.
  10. Hipto

Hipto Peon

Best Answers:
    You guys gave quite good points but think this guy aren;t reading lol

Hipto, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  11. cscholberg

cscholberg Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, there is. I made money on cashcrate.com getting paid to take surveys, which really just means getting paid to go through ads. It's a lot of work and not much money, though.

cscholberg, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  12. elbeer

elbeer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Many people are turning to facebook apps. But there are alot who make in excess of $20k per month with movie sites.

elbeer, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  13. sureshprasad

sureshprasad Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes,But u have to work hard for earn online money.

sureshprasad, Dec 9, 2009 IP