1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Landing Page Quality: Poor

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by chance2b007, Sep 20, 2009.

I am having a lot of problems getting my adwords ads to stay up. they run for about 20 minutes and then turn off with the following reason:
    Below first page bid
    Rarely shown due to low quality score

My keywords are not showing a problem and page load time is not a problem. I do not understand how to make my page better?

If there is a guru that can give me a quick analysis or help me I would appreciate it. I am even willing to pay for help. My ads have always converted really well and since Aug 23rd they no longer work.

Thanks for advice or help

chance2b007, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  2. santhana

santhana Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used to have this problem when I start my adword Cam. at the first time:
    I can't guarantee that it will work for you- I am not an expert, but this is how I test it and it works every time for me. Hope it helps.

Thing To Improve Your Quality Score:

1. Domain:
    *Buy and use any domain that related with your niche and also your main keyword should include in that domain.

Exam: If you promote Acne Treatment, you should buy Rapid Acne Cure or cure acne fast blah blah ( it will not just help your score, but encourage potential visitor to click on your ads also )

2. Don't Create 2 or 3 Niches on the same domains, you might put some niches in the same domain that are related to it, but it is best to have 1 on 1.

3. Beside Your Landing Page, you should have 4 or 5 posts of tips or articles about product you are promoting by put them as resource. You must have PRIVACY, CONTACT, SITEMAP too. Google won't give you credit if you don't have them and also prevent google slap in the future too.

4. Header and Description keyword tag of your blog or website

You must put your major keyword you will use in Adword in the header as well as description.

Example: If you are promoting Acne Cure:
    Example: Your Main Keywords Are: Acne cure, Acne cures, Acne Treatment, cure acne fast, Acne free in 3 days, blah blah

Header: Fast Acne Treatment|Ways and How Cure Acne In 3 Days|Natural Acne Cures
    Descrip: Just repeat the keyword you are targeted back here (Maybe you change the position a little bit, don't copy straight from header)

5. Don't for get to have your keywords in <h1> tag too

I am not an expert, and I loose a lot of money with Adword, but at least I know how to handle it better than before. Hope you like it:)

santhana, Sep 20, 2009 IP
    chance2b007 likes this.
  3. Iproperty

Iproperty Member

Best Answers:
    your quality score affects your bid. if quality score is high, you bid can be lower.

here's how to improve your quality score
    1) make sure your targeted keywords are in your title, description, and url
    2) targeted keywords in landing page
    3) make sure landing page is the right page product page instead of home page
    4) the sales copy should be attractive ie free shipping because high click thru rate increases your quality score

Iproperty, Sep 21, 2009 IP
    chance2b007 likes this.
  4. susanlyons

susanlyons Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like it's not targeted at all. Make sure your keyword appears in your ad and on your landing page. Ideally in your domain, too. So if I'm marketing a panic attack cure,
    my ad says: Panic Attack Cure? I've Reviewed the Leading Panic Attack Cures. See The Winner...
    my domain is paniccures.com
    my landing page has panic cures in headline, body copy and image tags

If my ad says Panic Attack Cure? I've Reviewed the Leading Panic Attack Cures. See The Winner...
    and my domain and landing page are all about anxiety cures it'll get slapped

susanlyons, Sep 22, 2009 IP
    chance2b007 likes this.
  5. chance2b007

chance2b007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks I appreciate the help. I will try tweeking a few things. I do have keywords on my page and in my ad and it is very relevant. I run many services on my site but it is all related to Web Marketing. If there is an expert that would help me with my page and an analysis I would be willing to take a quote if you PM me.
    Thanks!

chance2b007, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  6. kal-el120

kal-el120 Peon

Best Answers:
    dude it's simple:
    make sure your title contains ur keywords.
    make sure u use proper headers (h1/h2/h3 etc).
    make sure you use proper semantic html codes (preferbely u build ur site using css/divs and not using tables with endless <td> tags that just make ur code messier and "harder" for google to figure out whats relevant and whats not)
    make sure ur content contains ur keywords and use proper anchors for inlinks
    that should give u a decent starting quality score of 7 or so. if you start below 7, then ur adwords account history is prolly crappy... try opening a different a account and add keywords to the same domain see if you get different results.

Oh and a nice tip, is use google keyword research tools and direct it to your domain. see what keywords Google thinks your site is about.

kal-el120, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  7. chance2b007

chance2b007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I did all of the above thanks!
    I also opened a new account. It always starts at 5/10 and displays my ads. Then it goes to 1/10 and stops showing my ads.
    My click thru history has always been good as well as conversion so I don't know what has happened.

chance2b007, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  8. telmakete

telmakete Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    actually, google see many things to decide your ad position. so may be some other factor has improved your position.

telmakete, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  9. JHardy_WV

JHardy_WV Peon

Best Answers:
    the fact that you're going to 1/10 tells me that you're probably an affiliate, or sell ebooks or are an aggregator, or are tryingto make arbitrage work etc.

The long and the short of it is that you're probably not going to be able to make it work on adwords for yourself:

http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=66238

JHardy_WV, Sep 24, 2009 IP