1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Affiliate Recruitment Strategies

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Seannal, Aug 3, 2006.

Hello everyone,

I've been selling a bodybuilding e-book on clickbank for about a year now and am really pleased with the results... Most of my efforts are now being put into finding new affiliates to promote the book. I've had about 100 unique clickbank affiliates sell at least 1 copy so far, but I really want to focus on expanding that to generate a serious online presence and really get things going.

These are the affiliate recruitment methods I've used so far...

1) Manually searching for relevant websites and contacting the owners directly.

2) Article marketing/Using brandable free reports

3) Submitting to about 40 or 50 different affiliate directories

4) Contacting other vendors to run promotions

Anyone have any good ideas beyond this?

Thanks,

Sean

Seannal, Aug 3, 2006 IP
  2. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    My advice is finding out what your competitors do...

Are they close competitors? ... any strategies they are using that you aren't?

You do have a website yourself or is it just a clickbank thing?

With your own website then any linkbuilding would help increase your chances of being found by the search engines - and producing more related content pages would help broaden the keywords that people find your site with.

Ganceann, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  3. IcePoster

IcePoster Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi, Seannal

You could also announce it at affiliate forums.

Most affilite forums have a separate section where people come to see and compare new programs. It works because only people who are looking a program to join go there. Update the post regulary so that it ware ahead of others.

Good Luck!

IcePoster, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  4. herbalclicks

herbalclicks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Sean,

I too am undergoing the process of recruiting affiliates for my program. My product converts great and has a high payout but that does not seem to be enough to get people on board. I am considering buying advertising on webmaster boards like this one.

So far, the most effective tool I have used is finding related sites and contacting the webmasters. Here is my process:

1st: Whois the domain and call the them on the phone.
    2nd: Email them and touch on your voice conversation.
    3rd Call them again in 2 weeks to update them on your program. (ie. conversions, new features, etc)

Good Luck!!!

herbalclicks, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  5. IcePoster

IcePoster Guest

Best Answers:
    Isn't it a bid annoying to force the program on webmasters by emailing, calling and calling again... As for me it is enough for me when someone just offers me something once to know if I am interested or not... And if i am interested, nothing will make me forget about it. Updating would just annoy me. But that's only my opinion.

Sincerely,

Ann

IcePoster, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  6. Efx102

Efx102 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Sean,

I've recently started an affiliate program and will start actively recruiting affiliates soon. Which of these methods have given you the best return on your time?

Have you tried doing JVs where you give the owner of the website a better deal than your standard affiliate commission for a limited time to contact their subscriber list?

Best,
    Rodger

Efx102, Aug 11, 2006 IP
  7. herbalclicks

herbalclicks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Ann,

It may be a bit annoying to keep contacting some affiliates, but if you are truly offering a winning affiliate program that makes webmasters money then that will soon be forgotten. Also, as an affiliate manager, I think its your duty to exhaust all possible leads to build your network. Once you get a few good affiliates on board then word of mouth usually takes over.

herbalclicks, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  8. IcePoster

IcePoster Guest

Best Answers:
    And that's what I agree with! The most important is trust and repution.
    So you should be very patient as both these are earned and you need much time and work to succeed at last.

So the best advice here is: do not to fall into despair and be patient.

IcePoster, Aug 16, 2006 IP