1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google caffeine to roll live on September 21?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Barre Tire, Sep 16, 2009.

1. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    i can see strong (but not complete) alignment on some of the test phrases Im watching today.

looks like were a step closer.

SEOibiza, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  2. SeedingTorrents

SeedingTorrents Active Member

Best Answers:
    SeedingTorrents, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  3. john1021

john1021 Member

Best Answers:
    LOL.

Just by that statement, I can tell that you make no money online or very little. Please don't come back and say "No you're wrong, I make a lot of money online". Everyone says they do, but they don't.

If you were making a lot of money online, you wouldn't be worried about updates that have nothing to do with rankings.

This is major update for indexing. It has nothing to do with the ranking of webpages.

Did you watch the video on webpronews interviewing Matt Cutts about Google Caffeine? It's right here

http://videos.webpronews.com/2009/08/11/breaking-news-matt-cutts-explains-caffeine-update/

He clearly states that the Google Caffeine update is not supposed to change the rankings. They are updating the speed that pages are indexed and changing the infrastructure.

With any update of a search engine, rankings are going to jump around. Nothing is perfect. However, you shouldn't be worried about update tweaks like this. You should be worried about building backlinks.

The only time an update matters is when google says "Links don't count towards voting anymore, and it will not help your rankings at all".

john1021, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  4. Jollyboy

Jollyboy Guest

Best Answers:
    Self promotion? I tried out going to their beta site. Well surely some areas of search has underwent some major changes. I would say that you needn't worry about when it would be live. just worry about how you are going to beat other webmasters, when they are busy worrying about their positions

Jollyboy, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  5. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:

Wow your quick aren't you. I guess you haven't followed any of my posts explaining exactly what you said.. Go ahead look at the Google Caffeine posts and see for yourself. I have said all long that Caffeine is an infastructure update and not designed to be an algo update therefore not doing much to serps. HOWEVER unless you are coml;etely out of touch you will notice that there is quite a difference between the Caffeine Test Data center and the live search. Now this could be one of two things, either caffeine is altering the serps tremendously or that ther serps you are seeing on the data center is a sepertae algo update.

I myself believe as many other seasoned SEO's believe that the infastructure is already live and has been for awhile. The next phase is a possible rollout of an algo update.

As far as my earnings .. None of your business. I will say I do just fine, Not bragging but I have been doing this a long time and have no worries about earnings. This board is for updates and to help younger seo's learn. It is not a place to bash people.Next time maybe you should do some research before you attack someone. I will gladly pm you our web stats if you still have doughts.

Barre Tire, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  6. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You cannot say that is completely true
    As i can see major changes in rankings for few of my sites in new google vs old google

COBSolutions, Sep 18, 2009 IP
    Barre Tire likes this.
  7. SeoVeteran33

SeoVeteran33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This update does change the rankings. Check comparecaffeine.com and see for yourself. Therefore, some of us have a legitimate reason to worry (or in my case a legitimate reason to be excited).

Ok. But the rankings are changing according to caffeine. So....

I don't care what he says. Actions speak louder than words. The SERPS in the caffeine sandbox are different. It's that simple. I don't see huge changes but they are different.

SeoVeteran33, Sep 18, 2009 IP
    Barre Tire likes this.
  8. MUSTANSIR LAKDA

MUSTANSIR LAKDA Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there!
    I have recently joined this amazing forum, and have noticed so much controversy on "Google Caffeine". I entirely agree with Facerec (Grunt) that till Google makes an official announcement about it, let us not get confused!! Thanks!

MUSTANSIR LAKDA, Sep 18, 2009 IP