1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking to get into DMOZ and I'm willing to pay for it.

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by ly2, Sep 17, 2009.

I don't feel like waiting and I'm willing to pay to get in. The first time will be a test and if it works we can do it regularly and of course on the DL.

Thanks in advance.
    Send me a PM if you wanna deal.

ly2, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  2. alsatech

alsatech Peon

Best Answers:
    You forgot to mention how much :)
    But then again, if you want editors start bidding for an opportunity, then I'm sure the price is just semantics and you may get the cheapest rate.

Hopefully you'll open doors for many others to follow your steps

:D

alsatech, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  3. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can bet your botom dollar that all the sites in your post are now banned on DMOZ.

And for anyone else the price might be high if you want to get in that much, believe offering to bribe an edior gets the site banned for ever.

And the price for an editor to pay is that if they are discovered listing a site after taking a bribe, they will be banned for ever too.

I thought everyone on here thought a listing was worthless, so why pay for what is free and why risk a honey trap and get banned?

And ly2 removing this site from your post does not protect it http://www.smart-traffic.co.uk/

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
    Anonymously, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  4. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:

DL I assume means Down Low?

I suspect your version of down low will include getting your sig links removed from the directory.

Try something like Scriptlance, or at the very least a search engine!

Then again... maybe the guy in the OP is doing the dirty job of getting competitor sites removed by putting them in his sig and asking this question? Certainly looks to be working ;)

Another possibility would be that those sig links are sold... must suck for the buyer, that's for sure... getting their links removed from a directory on account of editors without any proof the sites belong to the guy.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
    Qryztufre, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  5. sabian1982

sabian1982 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like Smart Traffic is already listed in Dmoz...

sabian1982, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  6. Kzajko

Kzajko Peon

Best Answers:
    You cant pay officially for being listed in DMOZ. There are many rumors that some of editors are corrupted and take money when offered. That is why google does not pay such big atention to that directory.

----------------------
    OFE Generali
    Fundusz OFE

Kzajko, Sep 18, 2009 IP