1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google is not penalizing duplicate content(do we believe this)

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by karateguy, Sep 17, 2009.

karateguy, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  2. abibakar

abibakar Member

Best Answers:
    My experience says its true..:)

abibakar, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  3. Prince_Porter

Prince_Porter Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely a reliable source, I believe it and always have.

Prince_Porter, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  4. Bigblogacademy

Bigblogacademy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks buddy for creating this thread where I get the link from Google webmaster central about Google does not penalize duplicate content. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hSoXutuj0g

Till date, I believed on the myth of Google penalty for duplicate content and just before posting here, I have answered somewhere else that Google penalize duplicate content.

So thnx once again for link and help exploring the truth. :)

Bigblogacademy, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  5. ChrisAplin

ChrisAplin Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's what you need to know about dupe content.

In general Google will not PENALIZE you, however, Google will not usually rank multiple articles with the exact same content.

So it's fine for link building, but otherwise good to avoid.

First comes first in the dupe content game.

ChrisAplin, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  6. downloadvyp

downloadvyp Peon

Best Answers:
    that's good news .and i saw that. websites that posted articels after first website that had that content,ranking better then the first one

downloadvyp, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  7. adacprogramming

adacprogramming Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe this to be true, except for the First Come First Serve part. I believe the winner is the strongest page or the strongest site as far as serps go.

adacprogramming, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  8. fgllc

fgllc Peon

Best Answers:
    Dupe content isn't a lie but it also isn't what people think it is. The same article on several sites is called SYNDICATION. Are sites being penalized for having their articles syndicated to other sites? No.

It sometimes won't get indexed, but unless you are obviously spamming you are good to go. Duplicate content means that you can't post the same article on the same website multiple times. That's it.

If you do what's good for your visitors, Google will recognize you.

fgllc, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  9. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think I'm not reading the same article... or rather, I know I am, it's got the same title... but I do think the article's title is a bit misleading...

Duplicate Content:

DUPLICATE CONTENT that IS penalized!

• example2.com/index
    When example2's content is duplicated from example1... the only exeption I could possibly see from that is a direct clone site based on the .com/.net/.info/.whatever domains

Its still a good article, and is worthy checking out, and more importantly it's worthy of following the given advice.

The article does mention multiple domains though...
    There are concerns here. You have to consider your reputation being distributed across multiple domains, and Google will only show what it perceives to be the best page for a particular query.

So heh... I guess, if you are going to be the one owning example2.com, then it's your job to be better then example.com in the eyes of google if you want the SERP

Qryztufre, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  10. tonyran

tonyran Peon

Best Answers:
    That suck balls, if this is true, the thieves who stole your content can now outrank you. Strange they don't talk about creation or at list indexed date at all.

tonyran, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  11. trosquin

trosquin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah you will not get a penalty.....if that was the case than any site the shares a new article from the AP or other source would get hit!

You just do not get any credit for duplicate content....it is ignored by Google......

Therefore is you have a content scrapping site you will not show in search results because you site is full of duplicate stuff....Google will show the sites that originated the content.

You WILL GET PENALIZED for building links too fast!

trosquin, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  12. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:

If you look at DMOZ, the KING of Duplicate Content, then you should notice that Alexa & Google directories often beat it out... so if that is a good example, *shrug*

Look around DP as well, you'll see threads started about "my content is being stolen" which sometimes indicate that the thief is out ranking.

Another example found here at DP is that you'll often see people's articles posted to article sites outranking their original blog/sites.

Qryztufre, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  13. brainet

brainet Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think google not penalizing it, it certainly have a good logarithmic about duplicate content

brainet, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  14. SpySearch

SpySearch Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe it for one moment.
    On our site we even took steps by removing all tags and archives.
    Why take the risk for the sake of having more pages on your site.

I have began to think that tags are only for those who cannot optimise their web pages properly and need to add a more keywords and links using this method therefore creating duplicate content/pages.

Why bother. Do it right the first time round and your site will go a long way further.

SpySearch, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  15. tornado!

tornado! Active Member

Best Answers:
    Duplicate content does not result in a penalty, but if the duplicated page ranks 900 for all keywords then it certainly is useless for organic search traffic.

Think about all the press releases and syndication. If Google were to penalize because of duplicate content, many of the top news sites would be hurting. And Google won't do that - Google will just rank the original and push the duplicates to the back of the index (or not index them at all).

tornado!, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  16. HalJordan

HalJordan Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course Google doesn't penalise duplicate content. But that doesn't mean you have a green light to copy content. What Google does do is recognise where there is duplicate content, choose one version (and only one version) over the other, which means only one version will rank.

HalJordan, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  17. Jontish

Jontish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is a nice improvement from Google. :)
    Thanks for informing us!

Jontish, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  18. tonyran

tonyran Peon

Best Answers:
    You are correct but, with that logic, you can use PLR articles, SEO the crap out of it, and you can even be an authority site on the subject?

Thers contradiction here, how can google not penalizing duplicate content if it values fresh content?

me thinks that google guy is just creating splash hoping to be the next Matt

tonyran, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  19. karateguy

karateguy Peon

Best Answers:
    everything just seems so objective.. I just do whatever I need to do, and let google handle their business

karateguy, Sep 19, 2009 IP
  20. sydzapp

sydzapp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sydzapp, Sep 19, 2009 IP