1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Search Engine Spam ??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by real_estate, Aug 11, 2006.

Hello there,

What is search engine spam? Why is it a bad idea? Is there a SE spam classification?

real_estate, Aug 11, 2006 IP
  2. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    Not sure what you mean.

But when I hear the term I think of sites ranking high for a keyword that dont give the end user what they are searching for.

aaron_nimocks, Aug 11, 2006 IP
  3. ChildeRoland

ChildeRoland Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a bad idea quite simply because if you get caught, you will get BANNED. Last time I checked, getting BANNED was a bad thing. Spamming can get you some quick results and if done correctly, can make you a lot of money, but if you don't know what you're doing (which is obviously the case) it will get you BANNED. So let the experiences spammers spam and stick with white hat techniques yourself.

ChildeRoland, Aug 11, 2006 IP
  4. TETRHA

TETRHA Peon

Best Answers:
    many sites make spam, because they require it, but if they got enough PR, and the spam words are relevant, google doesnt punish

TETRHA, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  5. TETRHA

TETRHA Peon

Best Answers:
    for example you search for "flight ticket to paris"
    you don't realy get what you want! it's annoying, the most airline companies or big sites do that spam, they have many spam pages which you don't require,

if have enoughp PR, can spam without punishment

TETRHA, Aug 12, 2006 IP