1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content is NOT King

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by zealot777, Sep 15, 2009.

?

Which do you think is King?

1. Marketing

42.9%
  2. Content

57.1%
  1. jada23

jada23 Peon

Best Answers:
    Content is Not King, Fresh Content Is

Fresh content gives you more chances of ranking high in search engine results, thus, increasing your chances to have more links, traffic, and networking potentials.

jada23, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Content is important. SEO is pointless if you have crap content.

dcristo, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  3. pokey

pokey Active Member

Best Answers:
    You could debate this in several ways, but content (+fresh) is the prime focus. Google's main aim is to find new and {fresh} content every minute and index it in their search engine. You can have the best site in the world beautiful SEO but without pure unique content, it's just not as important. Why do you think contextual links works so well?

Sure, you need a marketing focus and great SEO to attain higher rankings but these are all dependent on content however content is also dependent on these too. So if you want to go even higher, nothing is king -- just put everything in play, every single dependency and see what happens!

pokey, Sep 15, 2009 IP
    simstar likes this.
  4. Moneymaker13

Moneymaker13 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think content helps, but content is NOT king.

Moneymaker13, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    This is nonsense. There is no point in having fresh content if all you produce is garbage.

dcristo, Sep 15, 2009 IP
    pokey likes this.
  6. tonyran

tonyran Peon

Best Answers:
    Content alone will not get you anywhere, and so does marketing.

Theyre important off course, just like having good host and right domain etc, but if you give weight to any of them, content will still come out number one.

tonyran, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  7. rajeevranjan

rajeevranjan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, many seo think Content is king for Google but bethought content there are lots of websites who ranks in search engines.. that means you have to create huge amount of back links so your website can rank bethought content too.. :)

rajeevranjan, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  8. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Think? NO. Know? Hell yeah. You can polish a turd all you want and then market it as the next best thing since sliced bread, but if all you have is a polished turd, then nobody's going to care - or link to you, buy your product, request your services, sign up for your email newsletter, subscribe to your RSS feed, join your forum... whatever you want them to do. In other words, your polished turd won't convert those visitors.

The only thing that will do that is great content that is highly targeted to the specific audience you are trying to reach. Links can't do that, marketing can't do that. Only content can. Everything else supports that.

While content can aid one's marketing efforts, it will not supplant it. After all, there are multiple types of content. You have informational content, educational content, entertaining content, as well as sales-oriented content.

You won't be getting any good links without great content.

Which just proves my point. You can't market anything without content, so how can content NOT be king? The king is the supreme authority - everything else supports him. In this case, marketing supports the content (which in turn closes the sale).

By giving people what they want.

And everyone else.

How's this for a sack of lies? "Your sales will increase 500% by purchasing Brand X Snake Oil! This product is so effective, it'll sell itself easier than you can sell ice to eskimos or sun tan lotion to dolphins!"

That's a sack of lies. Great content that people naturally want to link to is what will get you strong results that will last. Spamming the Internet will just piss people off -- and not just the search engines.

Great content is like a fine wine -- it only gets better with age.

Dan Schulz, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  9. sunilraj

sunilraj Peon

Best Answers:
    Ofcourse content is king for google organic to rank well in search engines.

sunilraj, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  10. lkclai

lkclai Peon

Best Answers:
    I really confuse with above explanation. Which one is important? Content or SEO?

lkclai, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  11. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Content. You can't have SEO without it. Without content, you have no keywords, and without the content, you can't have links that contain those keywords linking back to it.

12. lkclai

lkclai Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Dan...can u please give some advice for my blog.

lkclai, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  13. pothi

pothi Member

Best Answers:
    No one can keep marketing themselves for long if the content is not good.

pothi, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  14. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    I can give some basic free advice via PM -- anything more than that will cost you though (and should be taken off-site or at least to PM so as not to break the forum rules).

15. zealot777

zealot777 Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't say anything about content alone or marketing alone. They are both important but for me, marketing is better than content but doesn't mean that you'll stop doing content because you'll have nothing to market if you have no content.

zealot777, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  16. zealot777

zealot777 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say marketing because what if you have great content but not a lot of people are able to read it, of course, people that are good at marketing will be able to beat you.

As what i've said, marketing and content should be done together but marketing it still king. You can see a lot of people that don't have the best skills but they are the best in their fields so how do they do that? because they know how to market themselves.

17. tonyran

tonyran Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed, and back to your coke example, first of all, theyre not that bad, pizza and burgers really go down well with them, so the content is pretty strong there, but I guess theres a different between internet and real world in that anything on the net is just one click away. So a really expensive marketing can just blow it all in 5 sec.

tonyran, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  18. jshosho

jshosho Peon

Best Answers:
    Without good content you will have a lot of one time traffic and no organic traffic

jshosho, Sep 15, 2009 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  19. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Answer this question then. What are you going to market without content?

20. zealot777

zealot777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Please try to read again what i've said in the first post:

"I’m not saying that you stop putting effort for your content because without content, you’re website will be nothing. Put some good content and do a lot of marketing, that is the secret. Put some good content so they will keep coming back."

Did i say anything about marketing without content? I think i stressed enough that content is part of marketing because without it, you'll have nothing to market.

Of course, you'll be beaten by people that knows how to market (but don't have the best content but still a good one) even you have the best content because what's the use of your great content if not a lot of people able to read it.