1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank newbie payment --> What is Customer Distribution Requirement (CDR)

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by waziuz, Sep 15, 2009.

Hi all,

Although I have been an establisheed webmaster for a long time but I had never joined clickbank till now. It was only about a few weeks ago that I joined clickbank for the first time. I also made a few sales and when I checked my clickbank paychecks section in my CB account, I saw that the payment status was "CDR".

It was mentioned below that CDR status means
    So, what should I do now? I am new to clickbank and I am not sure about the customer distribution requirement etc. I think the first check would come by mail and I have already got my address entered in my account. So, what else do I need to do so that this CDR clears out and payment can be made.

Thanks in advance to all the CB experts for your guidance.

waziuz, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  2. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    You won't receive your first check until you have 5 sales, all from different credits. One at least has to be a visa and one has to be atleast mastercard.

It's to prevent customers from signing up with the intention of buying, just so they get a cheaper price. If you're serious about making money, it shouldn't be a problem.

Supper, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  3. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    The quick and easy way round it (and you only ever have to get round it once) is to get two or three relatives/friends with credit-cards to buy some $3 product that pays high commission (which you then give back to them privately) using your affiliate-link. It will only cost you a few dollars altogether, to release your first payment. As long as you've passed your self-set payment threshold (which can be as low as $10).

alexa_s, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  4. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    it's weird and that why i am worrying whether i can receive the real cash.

WallaceYeung, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  5. mikeyman120

mikeyman120 Peon

Best Answers:

Make more sales. Forget about the little amount and build on it you will eventually hit the CDR.

Mike

mikeyman120, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  6. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:

*slaps forehead*

Yes. You receive the real cash.

Look, if you can't make enough sales to meet the CDR, then you should probably give up internet marketing and get a job at McDonald's.

dlm, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  7. NazStory

NazStory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Or try KFC :)

NazStory, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  8. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks everybody for the help. I had around 100 dollars of sales but they were only from 3 sales. I am not much worried about the 100 dollars from CB as it is just a supplementary thing with adsense and other networks. But I found the clickbank tracking, commissions etc. good and so I want to continue with them.

The CDR is fine if it is to prevent fraud etc. as mentioned in one of the above posts. Anyways I have never done any fraud in my life with any network and will remain a genuine publisher forever with all networks. :) I can wait till I make the rest of the sales to remove this CDR and release the payment. But the only worry I have is the statement made by the above poster that if I do not make sales regularly then I will lose my existing commissions. Does it mean that if I am not able to make much sales and my CB is a bit dormant for some days, then my 100 dollars will vanish.

waziuz, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  9. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I checked the transactions sections in my Clickbank account and it seems I have made 2 sales from VISA and one sale from Paypal. But the two sales from Visa are also from different countries. So, I do not understand how that could be customers signing up. But still as all of you said, I need a mastercard sale for my payment to be released.

waziuz, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  10. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    It will take over a year for you to lose the $100.

Just make one sale a month and you'll receive your check in due time.

dlm, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  11. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok that is not at all a problem if it will take a year to lose 100 dollars. I was just worried that if I am not able to convert any sales then I will lose all my money in a few weeks. :D

That is ok. I will concentrate more on CB maybe soon. The best part about CB is the transparency and the percentage of sales commission. Most of the products give out a lucrative commission of 60-75% which is a lot better than any other affiliate network. Another thing I liked about CB is that there is no need to be approved from each publisher seperately.

waziuz, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  12. NazStory

NazStory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, actually this was the hardest part for me since most of the customers do not own "mastercard" especially when you're targeting teenagers (debit cards = most of them are Visas)

NazStory, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  13. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I am also confused a bit as I have hardly seen many people using MasterCard compared to people who use Visa.

waziuz, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  14. topfreelancer009

topfreelancer009 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's a problem at all.It's their fraud prevention measure.Don't worry.Clickbank is one of the most reputed affiliate network.Just concentrate on promoting and getting more sales.you'll be able to meet every other requirement in the due process.

topfreelancer009, Sep 18, 2009 IP