1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SSL redirection headache...Help!

Discussion in 'Apache' started by bunnny, Sep 7, 2009.

hey guys, i just got this ssl certificate but i have some doubts how exactly should i set up the whole magic. i created the secure.domain.com which suppose to be the sub-domain for the login page which means when user decide to sign up/login to immediately transfer to the ssl state(sample: see ebay.com and then their https login page). so, far the home page which is domain.com(or www.domain.com) it doesn't need to be covered by the ssl. so, i was just wondering how do i play the game? i know it's kinda tricky and the key is somewhere in the sub-domain name(cP set up), .htaccess and/or index.php files but not very clear to me. i'd greatly appreciate your help! thanx

p.s. i tried to find some tips here but still confused...
    (pls see the issue in my profile sig)

bunnny, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  2. hostvault

hostvault Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Couple of questions. Are you working with a self signed cert that you generated on your server, or are you working with a trusted cert in which you generated a key and csr and got the cert issued based on these by a trusted authority? Also, does your server have a control panel such as DirectAdmin or cPanel and are you using Apache 1.3.X or Apache 2.X?

hostvault, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  3. bunnny

bunnny Peon

Best Answers:
    I got a SSL from Godaddy, respectively generated csr code as well. My server(Webhostingpad) support Apache and provide cPanel. 
    They're saying that the SSL is successfully installed on my sub-domain which is secure.domain.com.
    Now, I assume the key of the puzzle is either the .htaccess, or index.php, or config.php trick but not confident enough to play with.
    I'd appreciate all help offered!
    Thank you! 

Sent from my iPhone 3GS

bunnny, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  4. hostvault

hostvault Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Bunny,

So the host confirmed it is indeed installed?

Does the SSL work when you to the place they installed it at?

hostvault, Sep 15, 2009 IP