1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense games website

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by tigersoft, Aug 6, 2006.

1. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    They must be some ways to extract more from the traffic. Anyone tries affiliate programs, classified ads, links selling, etc?

brandnewx, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  2. tigersoft

tigersoft Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not getting so much users or so much clicks. Did you think i got over 300 clicks daily? Then it is wrong, i get 322 clicks from google adsense last month.

tigersoft, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  3. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

WebNirvana was on about how much Ebaum's must be making a day and not you.

Even if you had 300 clicks daily from Google then it would be very hard to make nearly $5,000 daily.

You will be earning just over $16 a click if you were.

john269, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  4. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Being immensely popular has its privileges.

jackburton2006, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  5. cornetto

cornetto Peon

Best Answers:
    You're not going to get much more than $0.10 per click on this type of website. So, you need to ask yourself how much money you want to earn. If you want $10 per day, and your CTR is 10%, then you need 1000 visitors a day (is my math right?). Now you need to ask yourself whether you can get 1000 uniques a day.

If you can't, then you need to start a new site, or extend the current one in a new direction.

cornetto, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  6. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Erm.. It seems that no one else has noticed, he is actually providing Warez on this gaming website. I recommend you remove adsense immediately or you will be banned - Warez websites are not permitted to display adsense, or for that matter, most other advertising networks.

Do you know that offering pirated copies of those games is illegal? If one of the companies you are offering warez on viewed this thread, they could sue you for profiting on their software.

venturefox, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  7. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    All demos of the games are they not? If they are not demos.. then you will need to remove your ads as Venturefox is correct in that it is against the TOS to do this. (And your a bad person)

Even if they are demos I would link to the demo download page of the official site for each game, the demos will be up-to date and it won't cost you any bandwidth... bonus!

For you and all others running game sites (or like me, sites with a single flash game on them)

You will find that any site with the words "FREE" and "GAMES" on them will attract ads from people offering, ummm, free games... and they do not pay much for these adsm, so you don't get paid much for the clicks. If you want higher paying clicks then you will have to modify your sites text to attract higher paying ads.

1. You have 4 counts of the word "Free" and 5 counts of the word "Games" on your home page, and other than the titles of each game you have no other text... this is quite bad. Remove the words "Free Games" and replace with image of the words "free games" :)

2. Try to include things like "Game developer:" "Operating System:" "Minimum Computer Spec:" as these words together with what follows (Atari, Windows, Pentium 4 2.4) should get you some more "up market" ads (sites for game developers, sites with Windows products, sites selling computer parts etc.)

3. I know it's a pain, but how about writing a personal review on each game? This would increase the text on the page adSense has to work with AND would make your site more interesting. How about rating each game for graphics, playability etc...

4. And as your writing content for your site, how about some "Welcome to my game demos site... blah blah... list of my favorite game demos.... blah blah... feel free to download them and try them for yourself... etc" on the home page. If you want to earn some reasonable money you have to put in some reasonable time and effort.

It seems (from my experience with adSense) that the more work you put into something like this the more you will get out of it, not only in terms of earnings, but in terms of satisfaction.

Critters, Aug 10, 2006 IP
    Cryogenius and PreZ like this.
  8. Cryogenius

Cryogenius Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice one Critters - some excellent advice! I did something similar to point 2 on my website, focusing the site towards gaming hardware. Seems to have helped my revenue a bit.

Tip: use the phrase "download for nothing" or "download for zero cost" instead of "free".

Cheers, Cryo.

Cryogenius, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  9. tigersoft

tigersoft Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, right now i am trying to pagerank currently pages and working to add more content to get more visitors. I am getting about 20-50 visitors daily. I think if i really get 1000 uniques a day then i can get something out of this.

tigersoft, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  10. BluCava

BluCava Peon

Best Answers:
    That is actually Not bad. See, my reesearch indicate that the words "Free" and "games" are the least paid words. Advertisers are paying google top $$$ to "Sell" their products. They are not targeting people who are looking for "Free" stuff. Chances are those people are NOT looking to buy things, thus you will almost never get high paying keywords in the adds.

That is just my opinion of course, and I could be wrong :)

BluCava, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  11. tigersoft

tigersoft Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, i have just 4 games that can be downloaded from my website, one of them is freeware. Others i dont know, cause they are old games. And are downloaded from romhustler. Cause they can be downloaded from that site so i think they are not illegal games. But i dont know so much about privacy and terms. But i thought these are so old games, so privacy is over :D

But i can try to link if you think that are illagal :D

12. tigersoft

tigersoft Peon

Best Answers:

Your idea is very good, i will try to use it. Thanks :)

13. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    No, this is not the case, I would remove the links to the files and instead link to the demo download page on the official game site. What you are saying is that they are "abandonware"

Most (all I think) of the games on your site I could buy, so they are not abandonware. Anyways, as we have all said, illegal content is against googles TOS, and for the sake of updating a few links it's not worth losing your account over is it? :)

Critters, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  14. whatitdo

whatitdo Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya, arcades pay very low. there is nothing really that you can do about it.

whatitdo, Aug 29, 2009 IP