1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Apparently Pepperjam has ZERO Ethics

Discussion in 'eBay' started by internetmarketingiq, Sep 9, 2009.

PepperJam is promoting this offer to Affiliates:

Like many CPA offers... it's just another scam on the consumer. And this is exactly why the Federal Government is stepping in to clean it up. Because companies like PepperJam can not regulate themselves in an ethical fashion.

Don't be a scumbag marketer lying and deceiving to make a dollar of innocent people who just want to improve their lives.

Ethics Matter, Karma Matters, Do the right thing, treat people fairly and with integrity and the money will follow.

PepperJam should be very ashamed allowing this kind of unethical conduct to take place on their network... and worse condoning these practices.

internetmarketingiq, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  2. nyxano

nyxano Peon

Best Answers:
    I am in no way associated with this product or website. I have never used the product, no intentions of using the product and have never promoted the product in my life.

Now that is out of the way, I did visit http://www.shimmeringwhite.com and on their home page, it asks you to fill out your name and address to receive your trial product. So I filled out the form and then it brought me to a page where you are told that you pay $4.95 for S&H and asked to enter your credit card info.

Immediately below the cart box and to the left of the credit card box (see attached image), is the following:

It's called negative billing. If you choose not to cancel your membership, then that means you want to continue and will be charged accordingly.

A lot of companies do this, even utility companies - especially phone and cable/satellite. They offer you a free promotion and tell you if you want to keep it, do nothing and you will be billed once the trial is over. If you don't like it - you phone in and cancel it.

AmericanGreetings.com - one of the largest greeting card companies has this practice. So to does a lot of other companies.

Same thing here.

I don't see how PepperJam is at fault if people don't read all of the terms before signing up for something - especially when a credit card is involved. It's not like the terms are buried ten links deep with little chance of finding it - it is right there on the same page as the credit card fields.

Attached Files:

nyxano, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  3. Rob Harker

Rob Harker Peon

Best Answers:
    I know what you mean but you should always be looking for the hook ( because there usually is one)

Rob Harker, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  4. xnsmith

xnsmith Member

Best Answers:
    Nice research, I will drop this offer.
    Thanks,

xnsmith, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  5. gkgk11

gkgk11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good everyone stop promoting negative option offers please...I'll keep all the money :).

gkgk11, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  6. Merigot123

Merigot123 Peon

Best Answers:
    The issue with many of these offers is that the companies make it impossible to cancel...they put you on hold for 45 minutes and then you get 'accidentally' disconnected.

Worse, even after you jump through hoops and do cancel, they continue to bill you.

Some also bill you before you even have a chance to 'trial' the product. The terms and conditions are frequently very confusing.

Consumers have a right to expect that a free trial actually provides a chance to try the product before being billed.

There is nothing wrong with continuity type programs where everything is clear and people have opportunity to cancel in reasonable fashion, but unfortunately this is not always the case.

Merigot

Merigot123, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  7. evilsonic9999

evilsonic9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats why you should always use a credit card so you dispute every charge they make. HA!

evilsonic9999, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  8. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Says a lot about who you are as a person.

I don't have to be a scumbag lowlife preying off the public to make money. Scams are scams and deception is deception no matter how you sugar coat it.

https://www.sonictoothbrush.com/catalog/wht.htm - Not an affiliate link. $9.95 plus shipping.

Well I'm off to kick my dog, steal some money from grandmas purse, and find a downs syndrome kid to push down the stairs. After all who givs a Fu** about anyone else as long as you are "making money" right?

internetmarketingiq, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  9. thefreebielife

thefreebielife Peon

Best Answers:
    You have got to be nuts, and extremely arrogant, calling Pepperjam out on this one. Haha incredible.

thefreebielife, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  10. flaco

flaco Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree and disagree. If this company is not being ethical with their product, then PepperJam should not be working with them. However, if people are just not cancelling rebills, then they need to own up, pay up, and cancel.

flaco, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  11. darkmessiah

darkmessiah Peon

Best Answers:
    My wife fell for this crap but that was for Pro Cleanse, pun intended. When I saw this $60 charge, she said something about some trial, I knew exactly what was going on. Fortunately, the cancellation process wasn't too bad. Hopefully I don't see another charge this month.

The best part is, she never bothered to try the product!

darkmessiah, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  12. lkpub

lkpub Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Pepperjam but am very careful to screen the affiliate products before advertising... unfortunately, these trial programs are all alike, baiting with a free trial and small shipping charges just to get that CC number for future billing... I always check the Terms & Conditions which they usually bury somewhere in small print before promoting any product... these negative option plans are just as bad as the forced continuity programs that all the "gurus" seem to favor... I avoid both at all costs... my visitors and customers are too important to expose to such unethical marketing... some of us do have ethics and care...

lkpub, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  13. darkmessiah

darkmessiah Peon

Best Answers:
    As it turns out, there has been a small problem since the last time I made a comment. There were a couple other charges one for $3, one for $7 for some side affiliate stuff. I have no idea what service was provided, if any. They were "supposed" to have been canceled along with the original offer, but never were.

darkmessiah, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  14. lavanyaja

lavanyaja Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the information.

lavanyaja, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  15. bogartkick

bogartkick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If this is truly a scam, meaning the entire PepperJam and its affiliate sites are scam too? I don't really understand if you're saying that PepperJam is a scam too? Just because of the Shimmering White thing?

bogartkick, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  16. Stu Lee

Stu Lee Member

Best Answers:
    I have done business through Pepperjam before and they arent that bad. There are some good products if you know where to look... you just need to do your due dilligence ...

Stu Lee, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  17. lkpub

lkpub Peon

Best Answers:
    PepperJam is not a scam nor are it's affiliate programs altho some of them use unethical tactics in their promotions... what they're saying is that Shimmering White and others like it are misleading their visitors/customers with Terms that are not readily apparent in the sign up form... all is not as it seems and people who are signing up are unaware of the continuous billing and having their CC's billed after the trial period... the low or "free" trial is just "bait" to get you to sign up for their fulfillment program or whatever... usually the details are hidden in small print somewhere on the website or in the Terms and Conditions... one must always check the Terms and Conditions before signing up for ANYTHING... along with any return or refund policy... in other words... CONSUMER BEWARE...

I agree, PepperJam has some very good merchants in their program and one should not judge them all because of one or two bad programs... PepperJam is just the "middleman" providing a service for both Merchants and Affiliates... what programs you promote is your decision... just do your homework first before promoting any company or product... what you choose reflects your business ethics and name... promote a bad company or product and your clients suffer and in the long run, so will you...

lkpub, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  18. mojtata

mojtata Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am pepperjam affiliate.
    Their support is the very best i have seen so far - be sure i have seen a lot.

mojtata, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  19. Deus Ex

Deus Ex Peon

Best Answers:
    Just checkout the face of that owner - they wreak of no ethics

Deus Ex, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  20. HoopsFan

HoopsFan Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by this?

HoopsFan, Oct 19, 2009 IP