1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tax forms

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Michelle., Sep 13, 2009.

I've just read that clickbank issues an IRS Form 1099 at the end of every year to affiliates to fill in which details earnings paid by clickbank. If you are in a partnership and split your profits it is not fair to pay tax on the full amount of commissions as you are splitting the amount. :confused:

I'm new to clickbank, can anyone shed any light on this? thanks.

Michelle., Sep 13, 2009 IP
  2. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    The half (or whatever proportion) of the commission that the "official recipient" pays to the other partner is tax-deductible as a business expense (you'll need a receipt for it), and each therefore pays the income tax only on their own half. I'm not an accountant and not qualified to give tax advice, but I understand that's the usual arrangement when people "share" an account.

alexa_s, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  3. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not a tax expert nor an American to know American tax laws. The end and final answer is ask your accountant.

The informal response would be that if you're in a legal partnership (Yes, LEGAL) than you would both pay taxes on total earned as partners.

If you are just doing this with a buddy of yours and you guys aren't a LEGAL partnership, then the person with the name on the account will be expected to pay the taxes.

Supper, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  4. Michelle.

Michelle. Peon

Best Answers:
    ok great, so i will pay tax on the 50% so long as I provide a receipt as proof of expense.

5. Michelle.

Michelle. Peon

Best Answers:
    How do I legalize it? :confused: I'm a UK citizen BTW.

Ok perhaps I'm better of asking a tax accountant.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  6. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    That's not so in the UK. A simple receipt is all that's required - it's no different from any other business expense.

Forming a legal partnership, on the other hand, would have huge additional consequences, including joint and several liability for each other's income tax!

Exactly so. :)

You'll be able to deduct a few other little costs from your share too - such as use of one room in your home for business purposes (so a proportion of domestic bills) and so on. And don't forget that it's usually possible to get helpful advice by phone from the Inland Revenue without having to give your name or otherwise identifying yourself.

alexa_s, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  7. Michelle.

Michelle. Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you. I'll take into account hosting fees, cost of domains, etc in that case. More for me. :D

I'll talk to the Inland Revenue like you suggested.