1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Twitter really helping us to earn extra money??

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by teohcl, Aug 9, 2009.

Anyone here has been using Twitter to earn money? If yes, please share with us how? I need to find out this as my twitter account already has 3K plus followers. Thanks

teohcl, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  2. AC-Coach

AC-Coach Peon

Best Answers:
    You just need to target your Twitter accounts with followers that would be interested in your product/service. What are you trying to use Twitter to promote? Affiliate products?

Give a few more details

AC-Coach, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  3. afmark

afmark Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

By using the Search facility at Twitter, you can find out find out what other Twitter users are looking for. From there, you can promote your products or services to them. Revtwt allows you to earn money each time someone clicks on your link.

afmark, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  4. EmoPython

EmoPython Peon

Best Answers:
    Just find out what the majority of them are interested in and then try to find something with an affiliate program that is related to that and try to market it to them to make some money.

EmoPython, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  5. MrCatana

MrCatana Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. I earn with twitter. $100 a day now and going for the $150 mark.

MrCatana, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  6. sitywyde

sitywyde Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the people on Twitter are robots...people that don't exist..it may look like their on, but really sending automated messages. They are also window shoppers, sometimes you may snag someone, but most of the time Not...social sites are a hard cookie to crack, you are better off going after the Free traffic Google sends you, these are highly targeted, and interested in what you have to offer..the rest is up to you!

sitywyde, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  7. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Peon

Best Answers:
    You can earn money from Tiwtter by targeting all the people that search for a specific product while you have a tweet about the product. Once they found it direct them to your website where the product is being sold. Chances are if they search for a product and land up at your website they should be interested in a purchase. For example if someone searched for "family guy dvds" and your page came up first because you tweeted about a family guy dvd set about a second ago they would find it, follow your link to the purchase page on your website and make a purchase. Simple as that but you need to know who your consumers are and target them specifically.

Brandon_R, Sep 12, 2009 IP
    Jenna Appleseed likes this.
  8. Vebtools

Vebtools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    twitter for money :O how can is it possible?

Vebtools, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  9. jada23

jada23 Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe it's really possible to cash-in from twitter. But the big question is "How and what type of marketing strategy to be implemented?". For now, I'm taking my time, posting quality tweets and from it creating twitter list. When that time arrives to earn extra-money, my list will surely respond to what I'm offering.

jada23, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  10. sarah_harvey

sarah_harvey Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's a well-known fact that most people that get into twitter lose interest in it after a month. I conducted a study at the place where I work where I asked guests what social media platform they preferred and what they thought of Twitter, and all of them said they like Facebook and everyone either said they have tried Twitter and didn't get into it or have tried it and hated it.

There you have it. People are not interested in Twitter like it seems. On one of my twitter accounts I have a lot of people that hardly ever come onto twitter... I was seeing this was quite normal. The only people that are active are the ones that somehow think they will make money from it and spam irrelevant messages via API to their list.

So in effect when they say a small percent of twitter users are active... it's true.

sarah_harvey, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  11. isuccess

isuccess Peon

Best Answers:
    I consistently make money from Twitter. Not a lot. Gas and groceries money. The trick is how you approach your followers and the value of the information you offer on a consistent, non-spammy basis. But people don't follow you just to buy things and make money for you. If the need isn't there, you cannot create one. People will only buy that which interests them and IF they have disposable income. It's a no brainer. First and foremost, people who are active on Twitter and who are not into online marketing, are using the service to socialize and make cyber friends. Another group totally hates people who use Twitter to promote products and services. Simply put 99.5% of your followers have no interest in buying anything unless they see a value that helps them do/improve/benefit from whatever it is they are interested in. If you tend to look at Twitter and say to yourself:"Hey, here are a bunch of people. I will sell them my wares.I'm sure they've never heard about Amway." Bang. Fail.

The thinking should be more like: "Here are a bunch of people. "I wonder what they're interested in and what would motivate them to spend ANY money under current market conditions and why. I wonder what kind of value I can provide them that they say benefits them."

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
    isuccess, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  12. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't think you can really make lot of money from it.
    Just a little bit.
    And for me its just wastage of time. :p

- Digital -

Digital_shubhi, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  13. DeNiro23

DeNiro23 Member

Best Answers:
    I think some of it depends upon who you are. Do a search of mpdailyfix about the $11,000 Tweet. It happens! :)

DeNiro23, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  14. lena1985

lena1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya, marketing in a niche will help you get great profit. Using search facility helps find targeted twitter users who are interested in your products and service. It is better than spam everywhere.

lena1985, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  15. indrazz

indrazz Peon

Best Answers:
    earn money directly with twitter, sponsoredtweets.com (not paypertweet.com) for high follower's profile only..

sorry.. edited..

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
    indrazz, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  16. davidbrim

davidbrim Peon

Best Answers:
    I know that sponsoredtweets.com

offers a pay-per-tweet service. I used to work at IZEA (who owns this property) and was told the average tweet costs $15 for advertisers....I believe it is split 50/50 with izea and the tweeter.

davidbrim, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  17. youproblog

youproblog Guest

Best Answers:
    You CAN earn money with Twitter! I will post a professional tutorial video on how to earn money with twitter on my website soon! youproblog.com

ps. you can earn a lot of money with facebook and myspace

youproblog, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  18. YugoSlavac

YugoSlavac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's honestly no need for useless posts like these. There's literally HUNDREDS of threads asking the SAME question. It's also a pain for me to read stupid posts when I can't learn new ways to market. Please stop spamming to run your post count or promote your signature. THANKS!

Yugo,
    :)

YugoSlavac, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  19. Deus Ex

Deus Ex Peon

Best Answers:
    Get advertisers and do ad network ads

Deus Ex, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  20. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not really money, but I do use Twitter for marketing purposes. I gain hundreds of backlinks from different Twitter users retweeting my articles, along with thousands of unique visits! Plus, each one of those visitors then has the opportunity to Stumble, Digg, Upvote, or bookmark my article to their social networking/bookmarking site of choice.

Yes, Twitter really is the powerhouse it's let on to be. You just need to know how to use it.

Ascendancy, Oct 18, 2009 IP