1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site Flipping

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jcv1972, Sep 11, 2009.

Is there really money in this and where can I learn more?

jcv1972, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  2. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    It used to be a big thing, but I think it has slowed down a ton because what people are doing is trying to sell sites that don't make any money. No one wants to do that. So generally, you have to take a site not making money and turn into one that is before you can ever see a dime. Most of time you are better off just creating that original site yourself and building it up from there. That's my personal opinion.

PHPGator, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  3. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes this niche is still profitable.
    Actually this kind of skill must be learn by ownself and learn from mistake.
    There is nothing better than own experience.

mentos, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  4. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, its profitable if you work a little bit hard and make your site extremely good.:)

And you will learn everything by yourself once you start flipping.

- Digital -

Digital_shubhi, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  5. Dylan Tovey

Dylan Tovey Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had only moderate success. It's such a competitive space that good opportunities are rare and few between,

The few times it's worked has been when I've found a site outside the traditional money making niches with some reasonable traffic and added some reasonable monetisation channels (affiliate offers etc)

Once there's a little bit of cash coming through an established website it's much more profitable to flip (but hard work for the return for most of us!)

Dylan Tovey, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  6. tuksdrr

tuksdrr Active Member

Best Answers:
    The more traffic you can generate on your site, the more you can flip it for. If the site is good and has good content (etc) then here are a few things that can increase its value:

- Lots of backlinks to related sites, directory listings and SEO submissions.
    - Setting up related social network accounts like squidoo, hubpages (etc). This way the client will be getting a set of related accounts with their main site purchase.
    - Articles & videos posted to directories with the site URL.

Essentially, the marketing of a site is pretty full on - so if you can do a lot of this and prove that traffic is coming in, you should be able to flip sites quite nicely.

tuksdrr, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  7. cscholberg

cscholberg Peon

Best Answers:
    Do it like you do real estate - take a website that does not have "dry rot" (black hat SEO tactics, links from bad neighborhoods) that is "structurally sound" (plenty of age, unique content, etc) and improve it. Make more quality backlinks, increase the traffic, do whatever you can. When the site is earning more money, it is worth more. Then, you can sell it for more money.

cscholberg, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  8. dennis.f

dennis.f Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buy an aged domain with some backlinks, add unique content with nice design and you are on the way.

dennis.f, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  9. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you can do it right, there are good money.

webcosmo, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  10. fromme

fromme Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hmm...
    I think that are the domain or web value factors :

- SERP
    - Content (Unique or not)
    - Backlinks
    - Web revenue

fromme, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  11. HumanVirus

HumanVirus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your site sells or not it depends on niche you chosse. I see a lot of new site flippers creating sites in hot niche which sells well.

HumanVirus, Oct 3, 2009 IP
  12. worlddomain

worlddomain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Site flipping is still good business - and will continue for as long as the internet is around - it's been around since the internet started - just that it became very popular in '07 and '08- thanks to Internet marketers : )
    I used to be very easy to sell/flip turnkey websites with no traffic or rev for upto $500 each - but not any more - people have become a lot more savvy and unless u have some decent traffic or rev - it's gonna get a lot harder to flip that site of yours. Knowing where to sell a particular type of site is quite important now days - there are many marketplaces that cater to a specific type of visitor/ customer - and understanding that will play a big role in your flipping success. a thread i read here on the different places / marketplaces that you can sell your websites for might be a good starting point for a lot of newbies.

worlddomain, Jan 6, 2010 IP
  13. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    well site flipping is not as easy as it was some years ago. It's hard to find good sites to buy but of course you can still make money out of it if you know your business. I don't know how you could learn it. My way was to read DP and to try my luck ...

Sensei.Design, Jan 6, 2010 IP