1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Disabled by adsense.

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Freebies, Mar 20, 2005.

It was my first site, I started it a year ago and since I wanted to earn some extra cash I registered for adsense, I had little idea what I was doing and that my clicks would be counted from my IP address.

So long story short I now receive over 1300 unique visitors a day and adsense disabled my account in December for invalid clicks. I tried to explain that I had never thought that the few clicks I made (they say and are probably right that I made four in all) from the same IP address that I used to sign up with them would count as actual clicks and I guess I was right but they counted as invalid clicks and that’s against their TOS.

I have tried to reregister and that doesn’t work so I guess my question is since they have my social security number and name if I develop a few more sites in the future are they likely to turn me down on those as well or will that not be counted against me?

Freebies, Mar 20, 2005 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Just form a corporation and sell your sites to the corporation and use an EIN instead of your SS #

Or sign up with Yahoo when their program comes out soon, whatever is best for you.

Or put the following on your pages. :)

www.targetpoint.com

www.bidclix.com

www.7search.com (text ad program)

www.bidvertiser.com

Have fun, you can't click on your own ads with them either.... :D :p

anthonycea, Mar 20, 2005 IP
  3. ziandra

ziandra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting.

Did you finally get enough hits for them to need to cut you a check?

I have only been in the program for three months and am sure I clicked on my ads once or twice. Wondering if they are going to wait another two years for me to get to the 100 dollar threshold before tossing me out.

ziandra, Mar 20, 2005 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't understand what is so hard about not clicking on the ads on your pages, thousands of webmasters never do.

Google can see a pattern of click fraud with custom software that you and no one else is going to be able to fool, so quit crying and quit trying to fool them.

Just drop out of the program if you have the need to click on your own ads or send your friends or automated bots or click fraud companies from India.

Wake up folks, Google can catch you if you cheat.

5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    So you do know that they can match up the cookie in your computer with your Adsense account so they can tell even if you are on dial up and your IP changes that it is you, Right :confused:

Why do you think members here don't click on ads while they are on Digital Point for fear that their publisher number may come up. :confused:

There are a lot of ads here I would like to click on everyday :eek:

6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, but Google has heard that before and still has canceled accounts, so I would be careful :eek: :)

7. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    According to the details of that scheme, you will never be served one of your own ads.

mcfox, Mar 20, 2005 IP
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Where did you hear that :confused:

9. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    You can use the adsense preview tool to view the ads on your site and make them clickable. I clicked on ads for a while before I knew the TOS. Then I stopped. This was a long time ago, and even then I was only making pennies a day, if even that.

More recently, I was playing with CSS and I caught one of my adsense blocks scrolled just a little bit up. I tried to scroll it back to see it's placement correctly and since I was on a touch pad I clicked instead of scrolled.

I immediately e-mailed google, because for this site adsense was quite important. They admonished me, thanked me for reporting my mistake and filled me in on the preview tool, which I heard about here first, but for some reason I thought I could work without it.

I think they are a little harsher now than they used to be, but when you think about all that revenue, they can't risk getting a bad reputation because of a few newbie mistakes. If you get banned because of fraud clicks you will never be re-instated. If you get banned for another reason, you might be able to get back in.

As far as incorporating, that might work, but it's a pretty big cost if you are just making a few bucks a month of of adsense. Remember that the owner of the corporation is a matter of public record, so they very well could deny your account anyways. I would never incorporate specifically for Adsense.

nevetS, Mar 20, 2005 IP
  10. dirvish

dirvish Peon

Best Answers:
    That is pretty scary. If an interesting ad comes up on one of my sites I will usually click on it to see what it is...never thought an occasional click could get me banned; I'll have to be more careful.

dirvish, Mar 20, 2005 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Did everyone of you miss post # 5 in this thread :confused:

Will everyone here start to understand once and for all that you can NOT click on your own sites ads :confused: :eek:

12. gchaney

gchaney Peon

Best Answers:

Ouch 1300 uniques a day...hmmmmm....boy those 4 clicks just cost you a bundle a year.

Take the advice given. Form a corporation, something I am in process of doing right now. For taxes and liability. Plus, it's good back up jic some one screws me. I have never even..how the hell do you accidently click on a big fat google adv?????....lol...click..oops...click...oops...I really didn't mean to do it...click...damn I gotta quit visiting my own site....click....darn the luck.

That was four clicks right?

It's exactly why I place my adv. away from navigation and away from content. People have to want to click on them. I follow the three step rule. They gotta see it, they gotta move the mouse to it, then they gotta click it. and my CTR is quite nice on different types of sites I use them. Consistently placed in the same area using the same methology.

Cheerios

gchaney, Mar 20, 2005 IP
  13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Funny Post GC :p :p :p :eek:

PS: NOTICE TO MEMBERS, I did not TRIPLE Post but some cowards removed their posts because they got scared to leave it in the record that they were clicking on their ads.

Can't blame them whoever they were, I guess there are a lot of folks who really don't understand the ADSENSE program very well.........

14. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    accidents happen, it's happened to me by total accident ... i was in a rush to click through some pages and bam.

a couple clicks and it's all over grover?

skattabrain, Mar 20, 2005 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Google looks at patterns of abuse, not one click here and there or a mistake :eek:

One would also think they look at dummies that target high paying keywords and click on those by "mistake" :p :p

16. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    man ... i was just getting ready to log in and fire off a please don't hurt me email. :D

skattabrain, Mar 20, 2005 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    No news is good news, everything is alright until it isn't alright :eek:

18. oziii

oziii Peon

Best Answers:
    Its also worth telling your wife not to click your ads :)

The day I added adsense to my site for the first time I told her about it and she went 'clicking' - got an email the next day from Google telling me it had happened and that I would get banned - thankfully they gave me a chance on it (it was 18 months ago almost now) because since then Adsense has become my full time job... phew...

Don't click ads - its not worth the risk...

oziii, Mar 20, 2005 IP
  19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    The bottom line for all of you that don't know is the following: don't click on your own ads, don't tell your friends and family to click on your ads, don't hire companies from India to click on your ads, don't run bot automation to click on your ads.

Wake up people :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

20. jayeshonline

jayeshonline Peon

Best Answers:

Yeah very true. Dont even think about clicking your ads ...

Google People are very smart .. they can trace fraud clicks .. easily...
    They know your IP your country and IP ranges ...

So.. better .. Play safe with google

jayeshonline, Mar 20, 2005 IP