1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my launching soon page

Discussion in 'Websites' started by rufh_s, Sep 7, 2009.

Hello dpers,

as the title says i need your help reviewing my site at http://www.vivacestore.com basically think this as just a launching page where the main purpose,for time being is to collect information of potential buyers of home furnishing niche .

i want your valuable comments on

1. does it look like site will be dealing in luxury home furnishing products at a glance or i ll need to briefly explain this via text?

2. is flash file taking too long for you to load? (actually its a compressed 1 original was around 5mb) do you feel users can wait sometime to load flash contents?

also i have tested this on firefox and ie does it look too weird on any other browser?

let me know any other suggestions you have!

rufh_s, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  2. luffo

luffo Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear Rufh S,

First of all, great site!

I have a couple of comments:

>Flash file does not take long to load
    >Texts in the little flash movie are not that easy to read (very small)
    >The layout is not displayed well here (firefox) I see a blank bar at the right (I will pm you a screenshot )
    >I would definitely change the text style you used for the sentence on the top

luffo, Sep 7, 2009 IP
    rufh_s likes this.
  3. jdjaded

jdjaded Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should explain the luxury furniture thing, but only very briefly ("specializing in luxury furniture" or something short like that). also I had no problem loading the flash file.

jdjaded, Sep 7, 2009 IP
    rufh_s likes this.
  4. black2blink

black2blink Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen your site and it's great. I really like the initial menu design.

black2blink, Sep 7, 2009 IP
    rufh_s likes this.
  5. aymenbnr

aymenbnr Member

Best Answers:
    really nice layout,
    good luck

aymenbnr, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  6. rufh_s

rufh_s Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the comments! really appreciated.. the site is best viewed in 1024x768 ( i guess i need to add this info in the footer) this probably solves your text in the flash and layout problem (please do let me know if flash text is difficult to read even with resolution changed)
    > yes probably text style at top needs to be changed but i am unsure which font to use any recommendation? this font must be available in every pc or should i use premium font and convert that text to image? :confused:

thanks for your comments will add up small briefing soon

thank you very much glad you liked it :)

@jofan and aymenbnr thanks a lot

rufh_s, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  7. clifftan

clifftan Peon

Best Answers:
    from an asthetic point of view, you might want to reduce the full width size and centralise . Not sure you are aware, it's not good to have a blank space on the right.

clifford

clifftan, Sep 8, 2009 IP
    rufh_s likes this.
  8. raghufme

raghufme Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Rufh S,

Your have entered in a very good online earning industry.

Coming to your site you have just created a page and the color of the site is not that luxury looking. It is just neat look. If you can use soft and attractive colors that would be better.
    => The width of the page is also more it should get adjusted as per any browsers and screens.

Could tell only this much for the page you have given. Hope these are correct suggestions.

Good Luck.

raghufme, Sep 8, 2009 IP
    rufh_s likes this.
  9. premiumscripts

premiumscripts Peon

Best Answers:
    I would get rid of the poll and place the email signup form there instead. You can show the poll on the thank you page instead. (I do something similar with my launching soon page) - Anyway, a short description of the site would do wonders. Also, the site isn't centered.

premiumscripts, Sep 8, 2009 IP
    rufh_s likes this.
  10. rufh_s

rufh_s Active Member

Best Answers:
    sure!.. it was my mistake i designed it for the most common resolution! now i changed my site entirely please feel free to give in some more suggestions

thanks for suggestions! i hope this turn out good earning online opportunity for me as well! regarding colors i thought of integrating brand colors! you may now look at the site and comment if further improvement needed or suggest some colors! i have now designed for any browser/screen hopefully :rolleyes:

getting rid of poll from index page was indeed a nice suggestion i will now optimize my thankyou page and will probably add survey instead of poll but still in some confusion do i need poll for better interactivity? i mean not every user will sign up my list anyways added a very brief description of site too!

thankyou peoples once for suggestions/improvement hopefully now i can start promoting it... will need all your guys tips in promotion too this will be later but as of now please feel free to give in your valuable suggestions!

rufh_s, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  11. mixing

mixing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The menu looks fantastic. Overall I like the layout and the colors you choose. Looks fantastic!

mixing, Sep 10, 2009 IP
    rufh_s likes this.
  12. premiumscripts

premiumscripts Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, to ensure more people sign up I'd add some kind of contest, a free duvet or whatever will be raffled between the newsletter members, for example.

premiumscripts, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  13. rufh_s

rufh_s Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for those comments! :)

exactly what i have been thinking! well i ll come up with something! no one will probably enter their details just to know when it will get launch

rufh_s, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  14. ssaerocoupe

ssaerocoupe Peon

Best Answers:
    :)
    It is a very eye catching site and the pictures are dramatic. It loaded fine for me and is very eye appealing. The only thing I would do would be to add some text and to go into more detail about what you are offering for sale and how unique your store really is. Maybe a little background about how you got into the business and why you saw the need to open such a store. Best Of Luck with a great idea..

ssaerocoupe, Sep 11, 2009 IP
    rufh_s likes this.
  15. rufh_s

rufh_s Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot! i ll be adding some more info

rufh_s, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  16. raghufme

raghufme Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi rufh_s,
    Color of the site looks good and hope you will launch your site as early as possible. Another think about the site is a web site url with http://www.site.com and http://site.com both are different as per as the search engines so redirect the url to http://www.site.com. This is one of the aspect of the SEO.

All the Best :)

raghufme, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  17. k9 Unleashed

k9 Unleashed Peon

Best Answers:
    The flash loads quickly, but I'd slow down the slideshow. Also, the heading text, "Your online store for luxury jacquard sheets,fashion bedding,duvets,comforters,throws,shams and other home furnishings" could probably be consolidated to a large font "Online Luxury Furnishings" with a smaller description or menu bar including all of the individual items listed seprately.

k9 Unleashed, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  18. spankmasterzodiac

spankmasterzodiac Peon

Best Answers:
    oke i agreed to mucht text,,

spankmasterzodiac, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  19. mishi7

mishi7 Peon

Best Answers:
    What makes your site any better than similar sites? Oh look what it says "Be the first to know when it gets launched and receive exclusive offers" What a great selling point!!! Why isn't it bigger and more noticable? It's a great page - very classy!

mishi7, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  20. sunjoo

sunjoo Peon

Best Answers:
    "2. is flash file taking too long for you to load?",

No, it takes less than 1 second when U take at home (wireless , IBM T23 laptop )

sunjoo, Sep 23, 2009 IP